ExPat

The days of Zac are over..
Since returning from injury, the Zac we all knew..is long gone.
How many times does one have to say...12 straight losses in a row.

Well personally, I kind of wish you would stop posting this ‘stat’ every day like it’s some kind of original insight or analysis that you came up with and no one else has realized.  

Slomojo2005

Well personally, I kind of wish you would stop posting this ‘stat’ every day like it’s some kind of original insight or analysis that you came up with and no one else has realized.  
Team losses, not Zack losses!!!

Crash

Same few posters that continue to beat it to death. So tiresome.

danoc_86

I think people like seeing others fail wether it be Zach, Austin , Tillman or the beer guy at THF

It's pretty sad when people always try to pick on things about the ticat organization.... I guess Austin should have a crystal ball when it come to evaluating talent 

Crash

I think people like seeing others fail wether it be Zach, Austin , Tillman or the beer guy at THF

It's pretty sad when people always try to pick on things about the ticat organization.... I guess Austin should have a crystal ball when it come to evaluating talent
I'll take it a step further. Some would rather be right and see the team fail....than have the team win and have to admit that they were wrong.

Football is the ultimate team sport based on so many intangibles that no single player, coach, move is ever to blame for winning and losing.

But again... this is a "fire the coach" "bench the qb" town and those people got a double bonus this year of both. Those in the know could easily point out 5-6 other things that has assisted in the turnaround.

My biggest fear is that this surge gives the organization a false sense of direction and we are even worse next year when the league figures our NCAA offense out. I sincerely and honesty hope I'm wrong... cause this team is fun to watch.

Onemoredork

My biggest fear is that this surge gives the organization a false sense of direction and we are even worse next year when the league figures our NCAA offense out. I sincerely and honesty hope I'm wrong... cause this team is fun to watch.
Great post.
Offense gets figured out. Team is stuck with Masoli being Masoli backed up with projects meanwhile Collaros is doing just fine down the highway east of here.

Killer91

The team started 0-8 and isn't likely going to make the playoffs in a year where the East is terrible.  We basically threw away a year and I am paying to watch it all so someone should be held responsible. They failed on their own. No one wished failure, but what they were doing and preaching was not working and  they (Austin) refused to make any changes until basically it was too late. Imagine if  senior management identified the problems in week 4?  Maybe we at least we would get to see a playoff game.
Zach got the end of last season, the playoff game at home and the first 8 games this year unfortunately they didn't win any of them.  Nobody wanted that, it happened and nothing was really done about it until Jones came in -in fact everyone was ultra loyal to Zach.  Now we have some wins but it's still late and we basically washed away a whole season.  Every fan should be pissed off this year that is paying for what we saw for 8 weeks. ( Then the Briles thing was icing on the cake of bad decision making - didn't need a crystal ball for that).

BTW, I think the Beer Guy at THF is doing exceptionally well!  With all the new fun spots to have one at THF, they have got that right!  See, not all negative this year.

my home team

"No one wished failure, but what they were doing and preaching was not working and  they (Austin) refused to make any changes until basically it was too late."

And I'm sure that Kent Austin was looking for answers and trying his best to turn the situation around. You make it sound like he intentionally tried to crash the season and didn't alter the scenario just to spite you all.

You see, he gets paid to make these decisions. And with his track record here and elsewhere, I have trust in the man.

"Maybe we at least we would get to see a playoff game"

Mr. doom and gloom.

It's a tall order, but the season hasn't been decided yet.

I'd ask you to keep the faith, but I doubt who've heard of the word.

Slomojo2005

"No one wished failure, but what they were doing and preaching was not working and  they (Austin) refused to make any changes until basically it was too late."

And I'm sure that Kent Austin was looking for answers and trying his best to turn the situation around. You make it sound like he intentionally tried to crash the season and didn't alter the scenario just to spite you all.

You see, he gets paid to make these decisions. And with his track record here and elsewhere, I have trust in the man.

Mr. doom and gloom.

Right on Home Team!  KA is paid to make decisions and his failure to do what is best for the team will directly impact his longevity with team and his pay.  He definitely didn't intentionally try to trash the season because of stubbornness.... as some have suggested.  Ridiculous!!!

Killer91

"No one wished failure, but what they were doing and preaching was not working and  they (Austin) refused to make any changes until basically it was too late."

And I'm sure that Kent Austin was looking for answers and trying his best to turn the situation around. You make it sound like he intentionally tried to crash the season and didn't alter the scenario just to spite you all.

Mr. doom and gloom.

I don't trust him.  He stayed ultra loyal to his QB while the team was falling apart around him.  The first thing the new guy (Super Duper QB Guru) does was change the QB - imagine that genious move. Austin avoided a QB controversy at the expense of 8 straight losses. Even down by 40, no change till mid way through the third quarter.  I know there were other issues but hey that might have been a good place to start - mix it up a play or two.  That still irks me (in case you haven't noticed). BTW Austin is the most negative guy around this team - I saw him yell at the time keeper who waves in the commercials one game.  And don't worry, Mr. Doom and Gloom here just went an bought a new jersey today BTW -so I'm still on board but pissed that we started 0-8 still to this day. Not giving them a pass for that. 

my home team

"I don't trust him.  He stayed ultra loyal to his QB while the team was falling apart around him.  The first thing the new guy (Super Duper QB Guru) does was change the QB - imagine that genious move. Austin avoided a QB controversy at the expense of 8 straight losses. Even down by 40, no change till mid way through the third quarter.  I know there were other issues but hey that might have been a good place to start - mix it up a play or two.  That still irks me (in case you haven't noticed). BTW Austin is the most negative guy around this team - I saw him yell at the time keeper who waves in the commercials one game.  And don't worry, Mr. Doom and Gloom here just went an bought a new jersey today BTW -so I'm still on board but pissed that we started 0-8 still to this day. Not giving them a pass for that." 

Not sure if you've seen much football, either CFL or NFL, but most coaches are reluctant to change their starting quarterback, unless that player gets injured. Even when a team is many points ahead, or behind, often the starter will remain in until the end of the game. Trestman did that many times in Montreal and now in Toronto. So, Kent Austin is NOT the only coach to do so.

If, as you suggest, "the team is falling apart around him" that may not be the quarterback's fault, so taking Zach out of the game will not resolve anything.

Kent Austin, by keeping Zach in the game, MAY not have been trying to "avoid a quarterback controversy", but rather had other motives. Your guessing does NOT make something fact.

Austin, in addressing a time keeper, could have been attempting to correct a problem. That's NOT negative, that's his job as the head coach. In case you haven't been aware, the officiating in this league has been under considerable question for some time. And, by the way, did you know what he was trying to discuss with the time keeper??

You know, it could be worse, you could be a follower of the Alouettes, with Kavis Reed as the GM.

There are a NUMBER of fans who are disappointed with the start this season, including me, but I've been a supporter of this team for some 40 years, and I don't get "pissed" over a spate of bad games. I've seen my share of them.

So, whether you give the team a "pass" or not matters not to me, or that you just purchased another jersey.

What should matter is your continued "faith" in the Tiger cats and those that run it.

If not, then I don't understand why you would add another jersey to the closet!!??

cats99

I'm sure if we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs (hope not )
That Zack will be #1 the next game to see how he does with Jones and the new system would be interesting to see that will show what he's got left for other teams and raise his stock.
Die Mannschaft ****🏆🇩🇪
FCB Bayern****⚽️🇩🇪
TFC⚽️🇨🇦
Buffalo Bills🏈

Users Online

119 Guests, 4 Users (18 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Johnny Ticat slayer, ed ohmnes, dcmoses, Yahoo!, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 169. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)