Argos win another Grey Cup
Pay Toilets at THF

Palmer

Did not notice their eyes.

Grover

I think she has a thing for the guy and a half behind her

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

heapbag

You know, I am starting to understand why Jim Barker let both Zach Collaros and Trevor Harris get away from Toronto, and kept Ricky Ray.  Up until now, I thought he blew those two signings.
^^^ this in spades.

Which further leads me to wonder, why isn't Barker on the Wetenhall rolodex?

FootbalYouBet

Did not notice their eyes.
ahh, so you are a hair guy then
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

it is not how much you love but how well you love

why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem

Katmandu

Rod Black doing play-by-play for EVERYTHING!!!
I dunno, Sig. ... I don't mind Red Black, I mean Rod Black, however he can sometimes pour it on alittle thick at times but that's ok if you're the team whose tires he's pumping...  Why is Rod Black such a lightning rod for criticism?  
Oskee Wa Wa!  Go Cats!

Grover

Successful bye week!!!!!

Both OTT and TOR lost!  ;D

Krisiun

I dunno, Sig. ... I don't mind Red Black, I mean Rod Black, however he can sometimes pour it on alittle thick at times but that's ok if you're the team whose tires he's pumping...  Why is Rod Black such a lightning rod for criticism?  
Because he sounds like he's talking to an audience of 9 year olds.

safetyblitz

Because he sounds like he's talking to an audience of 9 year olds.
I'm no fan of Rod Black, but I don't think that's an apt description of the problem with his style. I challenge you to find a 9 year old who wouldn't find Rod Black boring and/or annoying.

That said, consider that for the long-term viability of the league, the broadcasts shouldn't appeal only to adult football-nerds. They shouldn't be "Dora the Explorer", but they also shouldn't be "Boardwalk Empire".

Grover

Watching Ex-TiCat CJ Gable lying motionless on the field last night was difficult

We love the game because of the hard hitting, but, this is garbage

safetyblitz

Watching Ex-TiCat CJ Gable lying motionless on the field last night was difficult

For anyone wondering, after being checked out by the trainers for about 4-5 minutes, Gable walked off the field under his own power (but looking a little dazed and with training staff close beside him). On replay it looked like he ducked his own head on the initial contact. Also looked like he was probably unconscious on the way down, so his neck wouldn't have been "bulled" for protection when the late spear came after he hit the ground.

Crash

I'm no fan of Rod Black, but I don't think that's an apt description of the problem with his style. I challenge you to find a 9 year old who wouldn't find Rod Black boring and/or annoying.

That said, consider that for the long-term viability of the league, the broadcasts shouldn't appeal only to adult football-nerds. They shouldn't be "Dora the Explorer", but they also shouldn't be "Boardwalk Empire".
Every ball to the centre of the field is "over the top" 

Every D is ferocious.

Every time two players yell at each other they're "jawing" and if it escalates it's a "Donnybrook". 

Now every deep ball is "down the rail". 

He also seems to know nothing about football. During the Ticats Eskimo game at the end of the 1st quarter he says "Reilly well on his way to another 400 yard game." 

And after the commercial first play is an incompletion. "mike Reilly has only 1 completion. Really struggled thus far"

If you literally pay attention to his comments....you'll see guys fall 3 yards short of a first down.... Followed by "this will be close. May bring in the short yardage team for this". (3rd and 3 and they punt). Usually followed by "it depends on the spot" 

They guy isn't even close, Gord Miller is 10x better and TSN refuses to acknowledge it.

Beam reach

Intentional Head shot !!by #98 ,definite suspension ,dirty Arblows ,they hurt Gable in Toronto a few years ago as well...

safetyblitz

Every ball to the centre of the field is "over the top"

Every D is ferocious.

Every time two players yell at each other they're "jawing" and if it escalates it's a "Donnybrook".

Now every deep ball is "down the rail".

He also seems to know nothing about football. During the Ticats Eskimo game at the end of the 1st quarter he says "Reilly well on his way to another 400 yard game."

And after the commercial first play is an incompletion. "mike Reilly has only 1 completion. Really struggled thus far"

If you literally pay attention to his comments....you'll see guys fall 3 yards short of a first down.... Followed by "this will be close. May bring in the short yardage team for this". (3rd and 3 and they punt). Usually followed by "it depends on the spot"

They guy isn't even close, Gord Miller is 10x better and TSN refuses to acknowledge it.
I didn't defend Black. In response to the "9 year olds" angle of Krisiun's comment, I defended the idea of making the broadcasts approachable for a broad audience. I never claimed Black succeeds in making the broadcasts approachable. My second sentence was "I challenge you to find a 9 year old who wouldn't find Rod Black boring and/or annoying."

We agree that Rod Black is lousy. I'm saying that the problem isn't him addressing too young an audience, it's him being lousy in a way that spans generations.

Cuthbert is my preferred play-by-play guy, and I don't mind Rod Smith. Miller is better than Black, but comes across as an obnoxious prick.

Forde is my favorite for colour commentary, but I don't have the same level of disdain for Suitor as is fashionable currently. I miss when Khari Jones briefly did colour for CBC, I thought he was the best since Lancaster.

Though for off-field entertainment with a dog of a game, Miller and Dunigan could provide some train-wreck style distraction since they always sounded to me like they were on the verge of having a literal fistfight.

Crash

I didn't defend Black. In response to the "9 year olds" angle of Krisiun's comment, I defended the idea of making the broadcasts approachable for a broad audience. I never claimed Black succeeds in making the broadcasts approachable. My second sentence was "I challenge you to find a 9 year old who wouldn't find Rod Black boring and/or annoying."

We agree that Rod Black is lousy. I'm saying that the problem isn't him addressing too young an audience, it's him being lousy in a way that spans generations.
Sorry was just using your post to extend he Rod Black convo. 

I get fired up cause I hate his broadcasting so much. 

ExPat

Intentional Head shot !!by #98 ,definite suspension ,dirty Arblows ,they hurt Gable in Toronto a few years ago as well...
That’s right.  And just like last night, that injury (broken arm I think) happened when a player decided to jump on Gable after he was down. 

Hey, if you can’t reach the ball carrier while he is still moving you can still make an impact on the game!

Users Online

92 Guests, 12 Users (22 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
StampsRock!, Hammertown Proud, RichardVeilleux, ExPat, 150GAGE, RedandWhite, of course, TheCrazyCatLady, btharner, Google (AdSense) (9), Google (12), Alexa

Most Online Today: 182. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)