toddstattoo

It started a little weird but when the choir got involved, outstanding. I like the upbeat energy.
Considering that at most of the games I've attended over the years, a majority of the crowd is not singing at all.

To even get some of them joining in was an accomplishment
agree
Oskee Wee Wee

RiX

I thought it was really well done. I think that having a little freedom with the anthem, so long as the words are intact, makes the whole thing "Canadian". I've always thought of the Canadian culture being informal, but still classy and respectable. That exactly what this rendition was. It was different, and enjoyable, and I'm sure there were a lot more people singing than normal, maybe even swaying a little. Perfect on a cold snowy night. Definitely not what I was expecting from the CFL.

DavidC

Funny, it didnt come off live all that great. The lead up to it finally starting was like a scene out of Slap Shot with people yelling start the  damnn song already as they were pre coaching the crowd in the lead up and everyone getting their heads soaked from the wet snow and yelling at the guys to hurry up... Kind of funny.  
Oh man, it was an awful start....once it got going it was fine but they were driving everyone bananas with the 'ohhhhhhhhhh......ohhhhhhhhhhh' lol
“It’s an unscrupulous intellect that doesn’t pay reverence to antiquity.” Erasmus

toddstattoo

Funny, it didnt come off live all that great. The lead up to it finally starting was like a scene out of Slap Shot with people yelling start the  damnn song already as they were pre coaching the crowd in the lead up and everyone getting their heads soaked from the wet snow and yelling at the guys to hurry up... Kind of funny.  

yes   it was an awful start....once it got going it was fine
Oh man, it was an awful start....once it got going it was fine but they were driving everyone bananas with the 'ohhhhhhhhhh......ohhhhhhhhhhh' lol

EastVanMark

Certainly was a nice rendition during Grey Cup, but I still like this one for best of alltime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNQZSBE9mkQ

TravelPat1

A new contender for best anthem ever at the MLS Cup game yesterday.  Incredible for an open air stadium for the crowd to stay in synch like they did. 

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/12/09/watch-toronto-fans-deliver-stirring-rendition-o-canada?autoplay=true

beaglehound

A new contender for best anthem ever at the MLS Cup game yesterday.  Incredible for an open air stadium for the crowd to stay in synch like they did.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/12/09/watch-toronto-fans-deliver-stirring-rendition-o-canada?autoplay=true
Wow!  Best I've heard from a stadium crowd anywhere!
"Peace is not the absence of conflict in life but the ability to cope with it."

Users Online

97 Guests, 22 Users (15 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ExPat, OskeeweeneeVI, GHT120, Lucas Bellemare, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Aerial, FootbalYouBet, Lyle B. Style, Argofan_1000, Sidney, meaker23, Onemoredork, Grover, 150GAGE, 97valkyrie, schmenger, G Man, bobo82, Rick16, oo DAWG oo, Gerbear20, Yahoo!, Google (14)

Most Online Today: 161. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)