Lennywasout

I love our own 10 year old singer but the national anthem sung just now was fantastic.  Different, Up beat and you could see everyone was into it.

Well done Ottawa👍👍👍

Espo

not gonna lie, was pretty worried how it started off.  

But they turned it around nicely, had a nice marching beat to it too.
Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

smokeystover

MtnCat

hendy77

This rendition was good. But, it should never have been used in a Grey Cup game or any other official event.

Some High Schools play anthems every day and to be rid of the blah, slow anthem, spicing it up like tonight's may get the kids to pay attention.

Not a fan of taking creative licence with the anthem.
Is it June (2018) yet?

Espo

This rendition was good. But, it should never have been used in a Grey Cup game or any other official event.

Some High Schools play anthems every day and to be rid of the blah, slow anthem, spicing it up like tonight's may get the kids to pay attention.

Not a fan of taking creative licence with the anthem.
Realistically, after the weird pre-school-vibe start, it ended up being a fairly traditional rendition of the song. 

toddstattoo

I love our own 10 year old singer but the national anthem sung just now was fantastic.  Different, Up beat and you could see everyone was into it.

Well done Ottawa👍👍👍
Agree
Oskee Wee Wee

my home team

Well done Ottawa👍👍👍
My daughter and I watched it.

We thought it was a fabulous approach. Great energy and fun to watch.

Well done.

They should be regulars for every cup game from now on.

Killer91

Funny, it didnt come off live all that great. The lead up to it finally starting was like a scene out of Slap Shot with people yelling start the  damnn song already as they were pre coaching the crowd in the lead up and everyone getting their heads soaked from the wet snow and yelling at the guys to hurry up... Kind of funny.  

thirdnlong

It started a little weird but when the choir got involved, outstanding. I like the upbeat energy.

bohdon

Well I didn't like it at all, none of it.
In fact I dislike everything about it, yes it was almost true to form after that stupid intro but almost does not cut it.

It's our national anthem please leave it alone and do it as it was intended.

I love cover tunes but this one is not reviewable just do it as intended. If we need to change our anthem it should not be up to 2 performers to decide.

Did I mention I hated it?

schmenger

I have to agree. It sucked more than the Arblows. 

my home team

Well I didn't like it at all, none of it.
In fact I dislike everything about it, yes it was almost true to form after that stupid intro but almost does not cut it.

It's our national anthem please leave it alone and do it as it was intended.

I love cover tunes but this one is not reviewable just do it as intended. If we need to change our anthem it should not be up to 2 performers to decide.

Did I mention I hated it?
What could be more patriotic than a stadium full of people singing our national anthem...and with spirit...and with joy....

Not like a funeral dirge...

P.S....The words and the melody were unchanged....

my home team

It started a little weird but when the choir got involved, outstanding. I like the upbeat energy.
Considering that at most of the games I've attended over the years, a majority of the crowd is not singing at all.

To even get some of them joining in was an accomplishment

Palmer

Considering that at most of the games I've attended over the years, a majority of the crowd is not singing at all.

To even get some of them joining in was an accomplishment
I thought the intro thing a bit juvenile, but I guess it was meant to be fun, and to encourage the crowd to sing along.  I have to admit that I don’t know the French lyrics, but don’t imagine that is much of a problem in Ottawa?  Maybe they should show the English/French lyrics on the screens.  I usually just plod along in English.

I thought our little Sienna was outstanding at the Vanier Cup as well.

Users Online

86 Guests, 9 Users (6 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Iconic SR, Hamilton2005, KevinRiley2, RedandWhite, Mightygoose, vjcos, VICIOUSCIRCLE, FootbalYouBet, Sidney, Yahoo!, Google (5)

Most Online Today: 132. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)