mightypope

Hal Patterson was injured in 1967 and only played a couple of games that season. The same with running back Clem Turner, who only played in a couple of games.

PatLynch

Prince Hal suffered a ruptured spleen near the end of his career . Like Bobbie Kuntz, Hal retired but came back to the Cats at or near playoff time . Patterson was probably the greatest athlete that ever played in the CFL . His most productive years were in Montreal where he played both ways. Coincidently, Bobbie Kuntz played 2 ways with the Argos but came to Hamilton to win Grey Cups .

Those were the days my friend ! We thought they'd never end .

Pat Lynch (the old plagiarizing guy)

stevehvh

Pat, they'll never end, as long as our memories are still working, even at half speed. Yours is excellent.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

CatsFaninOttawa

The most interesting stat for me is Henley. Over 200 yards - on only five catches. (Hard to believe he only had five catches all year.) Pretty impressive average, if correct. But because he was so amazing on defence, they couldn't use him on offence as often as they would have liked.

stevehvh

The most interesting stat for me is Henley. Over 200 yards - on only five catches. (Hard to believe he only had five catches all year.) Pretty impressive average, if correct. But because he was so amazing on defence, they couldn't use him on offence as often as they would have liked.
Very true. Through his first ten years in the league he was a DB, and was spotted on offence only occasionally as a deep threat. And the thing is, even when he was sent in on offence, and the opposing team knew he was such a threat and defended accordingly, the Ticats would throw the ball long to him and he'd catch it anyway. That GC video posted recently has an example of that in the 67 game. It was Jerry Williams who switched Henley to full-time offence when he came to Hamilton in 72. He said he recalled when he coached in Calgary how Henley would break up games when he'd come in on offence, so he wanted to take full advantage of that. Result? Henley won MOP and we won the Grey Cup that year. 

Tipper

Prince Hal suffered a ruptured spleen near the end of his career . Like Bobbie Kuntz, Hal retired but came back to the Cats at or near playoff time . Patterson was probably the greatest athlete that ever played in the CFL . His most productive years were in Montreal where he played both ways. Coincidently, Bobbie Kuntz played 2 ways with the Argos but came to Hamilton to win Grey Cups .

Those were the days my friend ! We thought they'd never end .

Pat Lynch (the old plagiarizing guy)
8)  Actually Pat,  Prince Hal suffered the ruptured spleen in a game in Montreal, and had surgery as a
     result.  That was basically the end of his career, as he retired and never played again, after that 
     career ending injury !!

I'm sure that "mightypope"  can verify that !!!   ;)    :)

Ahh, such great memories of Bobby Kuntz !!  Used mainly as a running back with the TiCats, but
     also got into games as a linebacker.  He excelled at both positions !!!

One of the all time greats for sure !!!

gerbear9

I will go with :

Keith Baker wr
Steve Stapler wr
Rocky Dipietro sb
Rufus Crawford sb
Gord Paterson sb   / Leif Petterson sb 

Onemoredork

Craig Yeast, Tony Akins, Tyree Davis, Chad Plummer,  Andrew English, Ibrahim Tounkara.

End of thread.

Espo

Craig Yeast, Tony Akins, Tyree Davis, Chad Plummer,  Andrew English, Ibrahim Tounkara.

End of thread.
I believe you forgot Demetrius Breedlove 
Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

PatLynch

You gotta love Espo and the Dork !  When you lose your sense of humour, you may as well shut all systems down . Well done my friends . Well done !

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

Count Floyd

I'm inclined to go with the '88 or '89 group.  Mildly surprised that no one has mentioned the '99 squad: Flutie, Morreale, Grigg, Amerson, Grant, Shaw.

Palmer

And in the back of my mind, I'm secretly hoping it will be the 2018 edition! ;)

Mark

Craig Yeast, Tony Akins, Tyree Davis, Chad Plummer,  Andrew English, Ibrahim Tounkara.

End of thread.
Yeast's name has risen! *
------------------------------

* (In hounour of ALL the bad puns made when he was with the team.)

ExPat

Mildly surprised that no one has mentioned the '99 squad: Flutie, Morreale, Grigg, Amerson, Grant, Shaw.
Flutie's name deserves to be mentioned in a discussion of the team's all-time greats.  Not so sure about the others, fond as our memories may be about them.  Pretty strong Canadian depth, though.

DiPietro and Winfield are absolutely on that list.  Tasker could get there in a couple of years.  Fantuz could be a stretch if he doesn't keep playing.  Lots of others burned bright but briefly.  (I'll let the old-timers opine on the 60s/70s era.)

hendy77

Gerbear is correct.

"Hands" down.
Legs Feed the Wolf!

Users Online

80 Guests, 1 User (13 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
bobo82, Google (13)

Most Online Today: 111. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)