CatsFaninOttawa

The title of this thread barely looks like English with all the abbreviations and Hawaiian name. ;D
I was just about to report it as spam. :o

mr62cats

The ability to neg list guys who are still in college seems silly.  The whole system is really crazy.  

There should be something like neg list "draft", held every spring after the Canadian draft.   Teams follow waiver order, and draft American players who are out college.   Draft continues until all teams neg lists are full, or all teams have passed on their pick.   After that, no adding to your neg list during the season.  You can still trade/release from the list, but can only add to it during the draft.   Any players that aren't on a neg list during the season are free agents and can sign with any team.

All neg lists would be open to the public.  I'd suggest dropping the number way down from 45 too, so teams aren't just stashing a random assortment of players with almost no chance of ending up here.  Maybe 15-20 guys, who become free agents if they don't sign within 3 years of being added to a list.

I'm just spitballing here, but does anyone really like the current system?  Seems like there's definite room for improvement.  
I hear an echo here. Get out your flame retardent underwear and crash helmet. When I made this same, perfectly reasonable comment a couple of day ago I was personally attacked and roundly criticized.

Aerial

The TiCats want a Doug Flutie.  Good luck with that.  As long as the football people are making personnel decisions and not the President, that makes sense.  But I'm not sure that's the case.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

ExPat

The ability to neg list guys who are still in college seems silly.  The whole system is really crazy.  

There should be something like neg list "draft", held every spring after the Canadian draft.   Teams follow waiver order, and draft American players who are out college.   Draft continues until all teams neg lists are full, or all teams have passed on their pick.   After that, no adding to your neg list during the season.  You can still trade/release from the list, but can only add to it during the draft.   Any players that aren't on a neg list during the season are free agents and can sign with any team.

All neg lists would be open to the public.  I'd suggest dropping the number way down from 45 too, so teams aren't just stashing a random assortment of players with almost no chance of ending up here.  Maybe 15-20 guys, who become free agents if they don't sign within 3 years of being added to a list.

I'm just spitballing here, but does anyone really like the current system?  Seems like there's definite room for improvement.  
I hear an echo here. Get out your flame retardent underwear and crash helmet. When I made this same, perfectly reasonable comment a couple of day ago I was personally attacked and roundly criticized.
A couple of guys corrected your factual misstatement about “perpetuity” and you took that as a personal attack?

A slightly thicker skin is helpful for anyone who participates on web forums. 

Lennywasout

The TiCats want a Doug Flutie.  Good luck with that.  As long as the football people are making personnel decisions and not the President, that makes sense.  But I'm not sure that's the case.
You are kidding?  Who do you think is making the decisions? Mitchell in a vacuum?  Why criticize when you don’t know how the football operations works?

Come on Earl🤨...be nice!

Aerial

Lenny, my guess, and I might be totally off base with this, hey you would know more I'm sure, but I think Scott Mitchell makes too many decisions that are on-field based for this team.

As I say, I have no proof of this, just a gut feeling.  Call me stupid, dumb or worse, that's fine but that's what I think.

The sooner they get rid of Scott Mitchell, the better for this team and organization.  IMHO.  I know most here don't agree, that's why for one reason I don't come on this part of the forum often.

Lennywasout

Lenny, my guess, and I might be totally off base with this, hey you would know more I'm sure, but I think Scott Mitchell makes too many decisions that are on-field based for this team.

As I say, I have no proof of this, just a gut feeling.  Call me stupid, dumb or worse, that's fine but that's what I think.

The sooner they get rid of Scott Mitchell, the better for this team and organization.  IMHO.  I know most here don't agree, that's why for one reason I don't come on this part of the forum often.
Earl...you’ll get questioned by most posters every time you post “gut feel”...no facts.  Without intimate knowledge of the behind the scenes operation why guess?  What has Scott Michelle done to hurt the team?  You may not like him personally for his business dealings outside of the on field product but that’s no reason to think he has hurt the Ticats in any way.  The man has a very astute business background and that is why he’s here. And now with the CPL about to start play, he’s been instrumental in establishing a team in Hamilton.  Let’s hope they all come to their senses and finally deal with all the stadium lawsuits. Makes Mitchell, city hall and the provincial Liberals look bad.  

Aerial

Excellent points Lenny and I do agree with you here.  Obviously he must be a very astute businessman to keep his position as President and CEO, no question, and has delivered as you say.  Mitchell is a loved man in TigerTown by all I guess.  Well at least by enough, I guess.  ;)

Users Online

116 Guests, 1 User (6 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
oo DAWG oo, Yahoo!, Google (5)

Most Online Today: 170. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)