Grover

by
TICATS STAFF
JANUARY 8, 2018

The Hamilton Tiger-Cats announced Monday that the football club has re-signed national defensive back Jay Langa to a two-year contract.
Langa, 27, played in all 18 games for the Tiger-Cats in 2017, registering two defensive tackles and 24 special teams tackles. The 5-10, 202-pound native of Etobicoke, Ontario, finished the season ranked tied for fourth in CFL special teams tackles.
The product of St. Mary’s University has suited up in 44 career games over three seasons (2015-17) for the Tiger-Cats, recording two defensive tackles and 43 special teams tackles. Langa was originally selected by the Tiger-Cats in the third round, 20th overall, in the 2015 CFL Draft.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

BillyDee87

Nice.  Solid special teamer with experience in the D backfield.  I also think that he has had some spot duty at outside LB.

Now, about those special teams schemes.....
"For the sake of humanity" is always the credo of tyranny.

JackHammer41

Solid player who is starting to come into his own. Great locker room & community guy.
Cats did well locking him down for the next 2 seasons.
Think I need to add a Langa jersey to my collection.

of course

In limited reps last year this kid looked great at safety...aggressive, excellent tackler.

Maybe Lolley could start Langa at safety and move Courtney Stephen back to corner?

Plus, we have Daley coming back from injury.

Lots of good National DB's.

bobo82

Great signing by the Cats . I honestly feel that Langa with 24 ST Tackles last year has the makings to become our new Marc Beswick as one of the best Special team players in the league . He also has plenty of potential and has shown that he could one day down the road become a starter for this team . 
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

PatLynch

In limited reps last year this kid looked great at safety...aggressive, excellent tackler.

Maybe Lolley could start Langa at safety and move Courtney Stephen back to corner?

Plus, we have Daley coming back from injury.

Lots of good National DB's.
Wow, I've been thinking that also . If Courtney moves back to the corner, then we would need to develop another Canadian corner as backup .  Langa hits like an old-school Cat ! The more solid Canadians we have, the better !  Thank you Capt. Obvious .

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

Users Online

60 Guests, 2 Users (11 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, Lyle B. Style, Google (11)

Most Online Today: 100. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)