Crash

Crash:  I agreed with your first post, although I knew the moment I read it that this thread would quickly turn into a blend of all the other complaint threads that we seem doomed to rehash on this site.  

Everyone has their own theory of why things have gone wrong.  Personally I am a big believer in the Curse theory, until anyone can come up with a better explanation.  
I agree. 
There's a million reasons WHY we are in this spot. 

That's not the point. The point is Toronto didn't put together a long term plan. Hell they hired Poop and Trestman AFTER free agency.

Think about that.

Slomojo2005

Without turning this into a QB debate thread.... when you have THE qb. (Reilly. Mitchell. Ray) you're always relevant.

This is the organization let Collaros and Harris walk  because they were not going to give up on Ray. Multiple owners GMs and Head Coaches all thought the same.... its paid off again.
Let's not give up on Zack!  Exactly the point!  
Ok back to bitter.

Onemoredork

Silver lining is an entertaining game with a TOR win means the anti CFL media headquarted in TOR have to give league a little more oxygen before they go back to what really is important like Colin Kapernick, what Auston Matthews had for lunch or what an MLB insider thinks of the Jays starting rotation.(hope he,s optimistic !)

A great game with a  CAL win is too easy to mention then quickly swat away because the CFL is really just a western thing right ? Not real sports, you know, like we have here in the part of Canada that matters.

of course

The Argos were a team of destiny this year.  Popp put together a roster of castoffs with chips on their shoulders, found an exciting RB, and hired a fantastic HC and DC.  Plus, Ray and Posey made incredible plays down the stretch.

Toronto earned it.  I don't like it, but they are a good team.

On the other hand, IMO, Calgary will be cleaning house after this second Cup disappointment.

Grover

Surprisingly, I'm not bitter at all.
Congrats to ex TiCats Rico Murray and Cassius Vaughn, they played a big part in that win.
Also, Kudos to Johnny Sears, Jeff Mathews and Tommy Condell.
When Vaughn scooped the fumble and ran it back for the TD, I was laughing at the Stamps,
It didn't upset me in the slightest!  :)

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

my home team

Without turning this into a QB debate thread.... when you have THE qb. (Reilly. Mitchell. Ray) you're always relevant.

This is the organization let Collaros and Harris walk  because they were not going to give up on Ray. Multiple owners GMs and Head Coaches all thought the same.... its paid off again.
Let's not give up on Zack!  Exactly the point!  
Ok back to bitter.
I think the difference here is the coaching...Ray was there when this team was not so successful...

150GAGE

I am frankly happy for the Argos for winning. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the Argos they win their share of grey cups. 1996, 2004, 2012, 2017, cetainly within every 9 years in a 9 team league. 
As for us, of course, it' very disappointing, that our time at the top was short lived; and really  not favoured to win.  

It' s always appeared to me we strive for .500 team and get into the playoffs.  We're usually close to achieving that goal, but this year the wheels fell off.  
Hopefully we can strive to loftier goals, like 12 -15 wins season.
But we do need to sign relevant free agents to achieve higher goals.  Toronto signed SJ Green, Sask. Signed Duron Carter, both teams had better than expected years. Montreal tried to replace these guys with 3rd rate players and fell on their face.
We need to cherry pick some of these Vetetans in free agency to add to our team. 
(BTW, don' t feel too sorry for Calgary as they have also won in the last 9 years)

my home team

I am frankly happy for the Argos for winning. Regardless of what anyone thinks of the Argos they win their share of grey cups. 1996, 2004, 2012, 2017, cetainly within every 9 years in a 9 team league.
As for us, of course, it' very disappointing, that our time at the top was short lived; and really  not favoured to win.  

It' s always appeared to me we strive for .500 team and get into the playoffs.  We're usually close to achieving that goal, but this year the wheels fell off.  
But we do need to sign relevant free agents to achieve higher goals.  Toronto signed SJ Green, Sask. Signed Duron Carter, both teams had better than expected years. Montreal tried to replace these guys with 3rd rate players and fell on their face.
We need to cherry pick some of these Vetetans in free agency to add to our team.
(BTW, don' t feel too sorry for Calgary as they have also won in the last 9 years)
Montreal's problems are not just personnel.

Kavis Reed is a huge part of what is wrong with this team.

Grover

EX - MTL players and staff, now on TOR

Mark Trestman
Jim Popp

Bear Woods
SJ Green
Brandon Whitaker
Martese Jackson
Alan Michael Cash
Alex Charette
Cam Mcdaniel
Jeff Finley
Mitchell White

Wilder JR. off the neg list

safetyblitz

On the other hand, IMO, Calgary will be cleaning house after this second Cup disappointment.
If they do they're insane. Toronto made plays when it mattered yesterday, but Calgary still has tons of talent.

thirdnlong

I agrre with most of the posts in this thread. I am disapointed. Last night's game leaves me bitter-sweet. Going into the game I was pullin for the Stamps; though I respected coach Tresman and many of the players, I couldn't get past the "Argos Suck" mentality. When I heard Bo-Levi's redemption crap, I had second thoughts. When he talked about 10 cups in 15 years, I lost it. Confidence is a good thing... arrogance is ugly, in this case very ugly. I cheered for the blue team as loudly as if they were the Cats. When that interception was caught and the penalty flag inconsequential... all was right with the world. Well almost, that could have been us. No doubt in my mind: the best team won.
Where does Calgary go from here ? I don't care... glad I'm not them. Their rot is right at their core. I feel ours was as well, but we cut some of it out. We can only go up from here, Calgary, not so much.

my home team

I agrre with most of the posts in this thread. I am disapointed. Last night's game leaves me bitter-sweet. Going into the game I was pullin for the Stamps; though I respected coach Tresman and many of the players, I couldn't get past the "Argos Suck" mentality. When I heard Bo-Levi's redemption crap, I had second thoughts. When he talked about 10 cups in 15 years, I lost it. Confidence is a good thing... arrogance is ugly, in this case very ugly. I cheered for the blue team as loudly as if they were the Cats. When that interception was caught and the penalty flag inconsequential... all was right with the world. Well almost, that could have been us. No doubt in my mind: the best team won.
Where does Calgary go from here ? I don't care... glad I'm not them. Their rot is right at their core. I feel ours was as well, but we cut some of it out. We can only go up from here, Calgary, not so much.
And that's what the Grey cup or a winner take all one game championship is all about. Whoever is the better team THAT DAY. In a series, not so sure Toronto would have prevailed.

As I've stated before, Dickenson is a big benefactor of Hugnagel's work. I'm not convinced that he is really that good a coach.

Arrogance before the game is now navel gazing in Calgary today ...and may be for sometime.

Slomojo2005

So you would be in favour of the Cats bringing in the likes of Duron Carter or Manziel and the  heck to being prim and proper.  Doesn't matter if the guy is a women abuser or if he is a me first, team second type of guy....? Try to win at all costs?  

Slomojo2005

EX - MTL players and staff, now on TOR

Mark Trestman
Jim Popp

Bear Woods
SJ Green
Brandon Whitaker
Martese Jackson
Alan Michael Cash
Alex Charette
Cam Mcdaniel
Jeff Finley
Mitchell White

Wilder JR. off the neg list
Are Montreal fans crying as loudly as TiCat fans about players they used to have and are now doing well elsewhere?  Probably not.  Decisions under the bridge. Good at the time. 

vjcos

Im going to call it as it is right now. Im pissed off.

Regardless of what you think of Scott Mitchell, Kent Austin, Collaros or Masoli this whole Argos thing absolutely drives me nuts.

When we signed Austin it was our turn for organizational stability. We were going to have long term success. Then Collaros, we have our QB. Back to back Grey Cups... no matter, we're going to own the east for years to come. It's only a matter of time.

Then Ottawa passes us. I don't care why. They pass us. No problem, Collaros is back and healthy. We'll be back. Not only does Ottawa pass us but they win the Grey Cup. I don't care why.

Toronto signs Popp and Trestman. Here we go. Not the end of the world because we're ahead of them in the re-build. Oh, SJ Green for nothing. Wonderful.

Tonight takes the cake. They rebuild in 1 year and win the Grey Cup. 9-9. We can't even get to 9-9.
Im not blaming Austin, Mitchell, Jones, Briles, Young, Collaros, Masoli, anyone. I don't care.

If I was Bob Young I would be looking in the mirror and asking God what I have to do to somehow figure this out, because this flat out sucks.
This Organization is a rudderless ship, This Collaros Fiasco is going to scare any good Free Agents away you just can't operate a Pro Football team that way, you can't even run a High school team that way. C'mon Bob get a handle on this thing. Your money is just going out the window

Users Online

58 Guests, 1 User (11 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Sidney, Google (10), Baidu

Most Online Today: 118. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)