Crash

Im going to call it as it is right now. Im pissed off.

Regardless of what you think of Scott Mitchell, Kent Austin, Collaros or Masoli this whole Argos thing absolutely drives me nuts.

When we signed Austin it was our turn for organizational stability. We were going to have long term success. Then Collaros, we have our QB. Back to back Grey Cups... no matter, we're going to own the east for years to come. It's only a matter of time.

Then Ottawa passes us. I don't care why. They pass us. No problem, Collaros is back and healthy. We'll be back. Not only does Ottawa pass us but they win the Grey Cup. I don't care why.

Toronto signs Popp and Trestman. Here we go. Not the end of the world because we're ahead of them in the re-build. Oh, SJ Green for nothing. Wonderful.

Tonight takes the cake. They rebuild in 1 year and win the Grey Cup. 9-9. We can't even get to 9-9.
Im not blaming Austin, Mitchell, Jones, Briles, Young, Collaros, Masoli, anyone. I don't care.

If I was Bob Young I would be looking in the mirror and asking God what I have to do to somehow figure this out, because this flat out sucks.

Catattack1

Sadly, the TiCat nation should look into their mirrors and speak with their feet as I did.  I was tired of hearing the same old Bob story, the same old Coaching stories and the same old Ticket rep and Sales manager stories. 
While deep down this Argo win stings just a bit, it justifies to me that I did right by not giving any more of my hard earned money to this org until BIG changes happen.  I don't believe the current owner or office executives or coaches have it in them, except for being great story tellers will bad promises.
Rich
....The Original BoxIGUY (No longer a Season Ticket Holder, since 2017)  \":cowboy:\"
One day I expect to see all the opinionated armchair quarterbacks in the TiCat forum be judged as they have judged others. It\'s one thing to have an opinion for discussion purposes. It\'s another to be a complete fool.

Gerbear20

What I saw tonight was a lucky finish by Toronto.

I did notice that both qb's are much more accurate than or qb in masoli......hence we should go with collaros or johnny football....

i also noticed that both these teams have great pass rushers....

We need a good qb and another pass rusher to go with Tracey to be able to compete with these guys

It sounded to me that Ray hinted at retirement saying it would be a nice way to end things .

So , I figure he will follow Burris footsteps and retire on top .

The question is : who will the Argos go after ? Johnny Manziel or zack ? 

I hope we don't just cut zack and have the argos pick him up for nothing.

tcmike

I agree with both of you. We watch from the sidelines as everyone else wins. Its a joke. How about that Grey Cup were supposed to get? The good old 5 year plan. 17 years and counting.
Best Game\'s ever. 1986 game 2 Ticat Argo Home and Home East final series and 1998 Eastern Final Hamilton VS Montreal.

Crash

Sadly, the TiCat nation should look into their mirrors and speak with their feet as I did.  I was tired of hearing the same old Bob story, the same old Coaching stories and the same old Ticket rep and Sales manager stories.  
While deep down this Argo win stings just a bit, it justifies to me that I did right by not giving any more of my hard earned money to this org until BIG changes happen.  I don't believe the current owner or office executives or coaches have it in them, except for being great story tellers will bad promises.
Yup. Worked for Toronto. All 12,000 fans.

Do you really think we aren't winning because Bob is sitting on his hands making so much money he won't put  back into the team? 

Us losing is not for lack of trying. 

And the point of this thread wasn't to lay blame on anyone. Toronto winning shows it actually doesn't take much to eventually Fall into a grey cup.

6ft6ofgoodness

Regardless of what you think of Scott Mitchell, Kent Austin, Collaros or Masoli this whole Argos thing absolutely drives me nuts.

When we signed Austin it was our turn for organizational stability. We were going to have long term success. Then Collaros, we have our QB. Back to back Grey Cups... no matter, we're going to own the east for years to come. It's only a matter of time.

Then Ottawa passes us. I don't care why. They pass us. No problem, Collaros is back and healthy. We'll be back. Not only does Ottawa pass us but they win the Grey Cup. I don't care why.

Toronto signs Popp and Trestman. Here we go. Not the end of the world because we're ahead of them in the re-build. Oh, SJ Green for nothing. Wonderful.

Tonight takes the cake. They rebuild in 1 year and win the Grey Cup. 9-9. We can't even get to 9-9.
Im not blaming Austin, Mitchell, Jones, Briles, Young, Collaros, Masoli, anyone. I don't care.

If I was Bob Young I would be looking in the mirror and asking God what I have to do to somehow figure this out, because this flat out sucks.
    I agree Crash.  I'm pissed off too.  I realize prudent decisions are involved in creating a winning team, and I feel the Ticats have tried doing that.   But winning also involves a lot of luck too.  It seems like the Argos had that luck in 2012 and here in 2017, and the Red Blacks had that luck in 2016.  And it seems like the luck doesn't go our way, like it didn't go in 2014.  Watch, knowing our luck the Ticats will lose the 2018 Grey Cup game to the Stamps, who will finally win it after losing the previous two.

Another thing that stinks is the Grey Cup is going to a city that doesn't really care for it.

Note to the Ticats:  Keep Collaros or else this bad string of luck will continue!

Onemoredork

A used minivan won the race.

letsgoticats

Sadly, the TiCat nation should look into their mirrors and speak with their feet as I did.  I was tired of hearing the same old Bob story, the same old Coaching stories and the same old Ticket rep and Sales manager stories.  
While deep down this Argo win stings just a bit, it justifies to me that I did right by not giving any more of my hard earned money to this org until BIG changes happen.  I don't believe the current owner or office executives or coaches have it in them, except for being great story tellers will bad promises.
Yup. Worked for Toronto. All 12,000 fans.

Do you really think we aren't winning because Bob is sitting on his hands making so much money he won't put  back into the team?

Us losing is not for lack of trying.

And the point of this thread wasn't to lay blame on anyone. Toronto winning shows it actually doesn't take much to eventually Fall into a grey cup.
Yeah that's what I find most frustrating.   The 1-17 team in 2003 made sense.  Franchise was in total disarray, so being terrible on the field was expected.  

But I can't figure out what's going on now.  Ownership is trying to win.  Money is being spent.  Moves are being made.  It's just not working out.  And man is it driving me crazy.

If Montreal manages to turn around their dumpster fire of a team and win a cup before us I'll really lose my mind. 

cats99

Our Ticats never fail to disappoint! It’s just the way it is ever since they changed the leaping Tiger 🐅 to the new one ! A CURSE!
Germany WC RUSSIA
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️+⭐️2018
🇩🇪

smogmonster

Toronto's win is a reflection of their head coach.  Mr. Trestman knows how to teach, lead and motivate.

I expect that under June Jones we will be a better team next year.
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

Slomojo2005

I agree with both of you. We watch from the sidelines as everyone else wins. Its a joke. How about that Grey Cup were supposed to get? The good old 5 year plan. 17 years and counting.
It will taste wonderful when we finally get it though!!

Slomojo2005

Our Ticats never fail to disappoint! It’s just the way it is ever since they changed the leaping Tiger 🐅 to the new one ! A CURSE!
 Yep, the logo is losing us games!

Slomojo2005

I agree Crash.  I'm pissed off too.  I realize prudent decisions are involved in creating a winning team, and I feel the Ticats have tried doing that.   But winning also involves a lot of luck too.  It seems like the Argos had that luck in 2012 and here in 2017, and the Red Blacks had that luck in 2016.  And it seems like the luck doesn't go our way, like it didn't go in 2014.  Watch, knowing our luck the Ticats will lose the 2018 Grey Cup game to the Stamps, who will finally win it after losing the previous two.

Another thing that stinks is the Grey Cup is going to a city that doesn't really care for it.

Note to the Ticats:  Keep Collaros or else this bad string of luck will continue!
Yes goodness.  I have been preaching the keep Collaros phrase since he was benched.  Not many in the Hammer agrees and yeah, the bad string of luck is on itz way because someone in the organization is going to be stupid and let Zack go.

Crash

Without turning this into a QB debate thread.... when you have THE qb. (Reilly. Mitchell. Ray) you're always relevant.

This is the organization let Collaros and Harris walk  because they were not going to give up on Ray. Multiple owners GMs and Head Coaches all thought the same.... its paid off again.

ExPat

Crash:  I agreed with your first post, although I knew the moment I read it that this thread would quickly turn into a blend of all the other complaint threads that we seem doomed to rehash on this site.  

Everyone has their own theory of why things have gone wrong.  Personally I am a big believer in the Curse theory, until anyone can come up with a better explanation.  

Users Online

59 Guests, 0 Users (11 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (10), Baidu

Most Online Today: 118. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)