Onemoredork

Louis Butko
@TSN_LouisB

9h9 hours ago
Kent has always been the main point person between #Ticats and Manziel... I wonder if that will be part of his "consulting" work. With his voice gone in day-to-day operations, will the interest in #Manziel be as strong?
Why, Did Jones down grade Manziel from Moon to Lancaster ?

blackandgld

Sign em up boys!
When Masoli was 21 he was kicked off his University team for a bad decision. When Manziel was 21 he was a starting QB in the NFL and making poor choices.
It appears like Masoli that Manziel has a perfect understanding of who he is at this point in his life and like Masoli deserves another chance at success. That would be quite the double threat at QB and would have June Jones staying up all night figuring out a way to use his shinny QB toys.
Manziel made a lot more than one mistake, and although I don't know everything about Masoli I'm betting he didn't try to make everything about him like Manziel does. He's a me me me scumbag. That might be ok for a WR that has out of this world talent, although I don't even like it then. Not for a QB expected to lead a team.

He will do nothing for this team. Well nothing good anyway. He'll either tear it up and leave for the NFL after one year, or he'll stink it up and leave the Ticats an albatross of a contract around their necks. So best case scenario he tears it up for a year. So here is the only question ya have to ask yourself. Is the difference between a Grey Cup or not going to be the qb? If you think that's the case do you think Manziel will be that guy? Do you think Manziel will bring a Grey Cup win to Hamilton in his one year? I say, emphatically, NO!! So then you have to ask... then why bother? With a rebuilding team trying to build a culture of winning and responsibility why risk all that chemistry with a discipline nightmare of selfish immaturity? I'm all for second chances... just not on my team lol Not this guy. Plus this new shoe deal thing he's working on shows he just doesn't get it. Still.
CFL contract for Manziel would be 2 year minimum. CFL is a win now league, you can go outhouse to penthouse and back very quickly. Our success winning the Grey Cup has been horrible for the past couple decades. If Manziel helps for 2 years and bails i am ok with that. Even if he is 1/1A with Masoli. If he flames out we still have Masoli to lead the way. A nice safety net to have.

stevehvh

"CFL contract for Manziel would be 2 year minimum. CFL is a win now league, you can go outhouse to penthouse and back very quickly. Our success winning the Grey Cup has been horrible for the past couple decades. If Manziel helps for 2 years and bails i am ok with that. Even if he is 1/1A with Masoli. If he flames out we still have Masoli to lead the way. A nice safety net to have."

I consider Masoli #1, Manziel (if he comes) a backup. He can be 2/ 2A with Adams.

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

Slomojo2005

Sign em up boys!
When Masoli was 21 he was kicked off his University team for a bad decision. When Manziel was 21 he was a starting QB in the NFL and making poor choices.
It appears like Masoli that Manziel has a perfect understanding of who he is at this point in his life and like Masoli deserves another chance at success. That would be quite the double threat at QB and would have June Jones staying up all night figuring out a way to use his shinny QB toys.
Manziel made a lot more than one mistake, and although I don't know everything about Masoli I'm betting he didn't try to make everything about him like Manziel does. He's a me me me scumbag. That might be ok for a WR that has out of this world talent, although I don't even like it then. Not for a QB expected to lead a team.

He will do nothing for this team. Well nothing good anyway. He'll either tear it up and leave for the NFL after one year, or he'll stink it up and leave the Ticats an albatross of a contract around their necks. So best case scenario he tears it up for a year. So here is the only question ya have to ask yourself. Is the difference between a Grey Cup or not going to be the qb? If you think that's the case do you think Manziel will be that guy? Do you think Manziel will bring a Grey Cup win to Hamilton in his one year? I say, emphatically, NO!! So then you have to ask... then why bother? With a rebuilding team trying to build a culture of winning and responsibility why risk all that chemistry with a discipline nightmare of selfish immaturity? I'm all for second chances... just not on my team lol Not this guy. Plus this new shoe deal thing he's working on shows he just doesn't get it. Still.
CFL contract for Manziel would be 2 year minimum. CFL is a win now league, you can go outhouse to penthouse and back very quickly. Our success winning the Grey Cup has been horrible for the past couple decades. If Manziel helps for 2 years and bails i am ok with that. Even if he is 1/1A with Masoli. If he flames out we still have Masoli to lead the way. A nice safety net to have.
Yes JMasoli will ne there to lead the way but will only get to eastern semi or final ( at best).  Not expecting more!  We need “the guy” and I don’t believe JMasoli or JManziel will be “that guy”, for one reason or other.  Which circles back to Zack but thatz not what this thread is about! 

cats99

"CFL contract for Manziel would be 2 year minimum. CFL is a win now league, you can go outhouse to penthouse and back very quickly. Our success winning the Grey Cup has been horrible for the past couple decades. If Manziel helps for 2 years and bails i am ok with that. Even if he is 1/1A with Masoli. If he flames out we still have Masoli to lead the way. A nice safety net to have."

I consider Masoli #1, Manziel (if he comes) a backup. He can be 2/ 2A with Adams.
2 years ! What’s stopping him and his agent from pulling a Chris Williams!?$ after the first year .......
Germany WC RUSSIA
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️+⭐️2018
🇩🇪

stevehvh

Cats99,

I didn't make the comment about the 2 year contract, another poster did. I copied and pasted it rather than quoting it. My mistake led to yours. My apologies.

Bur to answer you, nothing would stop him from pulling a Williams. But the reason Williams got away with it is that the team also messed up, signing him without offering him a shorter contract as required, and also by dealing with an unregistered player agent. That provided him with an escape at the time, after protracted dispute setlement, but it didn't work with two players from the Argos recently, and won't work with Manziel either, assuming the Ticats nail down the contract properly.

HfxTC

If Manziel is really interested, he should sign a contract and get himself to mini-camp.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

150GAGE

We have nothing to lose by signing this guy; what's the worst that can happen - we continue our losing tradition?

Btw, its Masolli's first year as a starter - he was never - the guy?for a whole season.
...and he still is not. 
Only Montreals QBing is more questionable than ours.

Onemoredork

We have nothing to lose by signing this guy; what's the worst that can happen - we continue our losing tradition?

Btw, its Masolli's first year as a starter - he was never - the guy?for a whole season.
...and he still is not.
Boom.

HfxTC

...and he still is not.
Almost every game out since his arrival in Hamilton when Masoli was called upon he was productive. He's hard to contain and hard to bring down, this makes defenses play on their heels instead of charging at a tentative and immobile Collaros. The guy has been patient, has been a good teammate. I don't see the gamble and it certainly does not compare to the situation in Montreal. He's not Ricky Ray but Ricky Ray may no longer be Ricky Ray either. I saw Trestman's execution and brilliance last year but the arm for the most part is gone. Montreal will be in training camp for most of the season and Ottawa's Trevor Harris is brittle.

Grover

...and he still is not.
Almost every game out since his arrival in Hamilton when Masoli was called upon he was productive. He's hard to contain and hard to bring down, this makes defenses play on their heels instead of charging at a tentative and immobile Collaros. The guy has been patient, has been a good teammate. I don't see the gamble and it certainly does not compare to the situation in Montreal. He's not Ricky Ray but Ricky Ray may no longer be Ricky Ray either. I saw Trestman's execution and brilliance last year but the arm for the most part is gone. Montreal will be in training camp for most of the season and Ottawa's Trevor Harris is brittle.
I agree with the well said post by HfxTC
Although Masoli still has more to prove,
He has proved more than enough to this team,
That he fully deserves and has earned the right to be the #1 QB for us. No question!

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

HfxTC

...and he still is not.
That he fully deserves and has earned the right to be the #1 QB for us. No question!
It is difficult to progress when you only get the odd repetition, Masoli still managed that, a very rare feat for a backup QB in this league. When June made him a starter, he progressed almost every game out. I think he will have a big season and will be right behind Mitchell and Reilly when the season is done.

stevehvh

...and he still is not.
It is difficult to progress when you only get the odd repetition, Masoli still managed that, a very rare feat for a backup QB in this league. When June made him a starter, he progressed almost every game out. I think he will have a big season and will be right behind Mitchell and Reilly when the season is done.
100% agree.

SeaFiddle

I don't blame  Ti-Cat fans for having reservations about Manziel.  Johnny Football has to prove he has conquered his demons off of the field.  I believe he is well on his way to accomplishing that feat but it will be an ongoing project like every other person who has been addicted to alcohol. However, as a player, even though it was not politically correct, June Jones was not far off in saying JF would be the best QB ever to come to the CFL. I know many don't want to hear that message but look at the facts.

At Texas A&M in two years JF threw for 7820 yards and ran for 2169 yards.  His passing accuracy was close to 70%.  Compare that to Doug Fluties' first two years of college.  Flutie threw for 4401 yards and ran for 344 yards and his passing percentage was around 50%. His average passing percentage for the four years at Boston College was only 53.3%.  JF is faster, more elusive, more accurate, and has a stronger arm than Flutie ever had. (However, Flutie is a great person who could teach Johnny Manziel a ton)

I don't know much about Jeremiah Masoli the person but I watched him play at Oregon.  In 3 years he passed for 5930 yards with a 57% passing percentage.  In his first two years he ran for 1386 yards which was pretty good.  That being said, on the field, Masoli is not close to Manziel.  If Manziel comes to the Ti-Cats that will become apparent very quickly.

I watched Bo Levi Mitchel play several CFL games including two Grey cups.  Mitchel played at Eastern Washington State.  I live in Washington State and am an Eagles fan but no one who plays football there is in the category of A&M players.

What will happen if JF comes to the Ti-Cats?  He will have an amazing effect on the CFL.  His style of play was made for the CFL.  He will not only make them a winner, he will bring an untold number of fans from the US to the CFL. In case you didn't know, the internet crashed during JF's first appearance in the Spring League games.  I doubt that any other NFL player could make that happen.

It's not about money.  Manziel signed for 8 million in Cleveland.  He is still a millionaire.  Any salary he could get from the CFL is of small consequence.  I'm hoping that he does not get a backup position in the NFL.  Me and hundreds of thousands of fans want to see him play.  If it happens, I don't think it will take long for Ti-Cats fans to agree.

Slomojo2005

...and he still is not.
Immobile Collaros?  If you compare Toronto with Ray and TiCats with Collaros from a mobility standpoint you’d surely say that the latter was the more mobile/agile.  I’d put up real money with anyone who thinks not.  And yet, Ray is still around, Ray got team to Grey Cup and Ray didn't get trounced on just about every throwing play. Reason?  TiCat O-line protection was abismal at best during 1st half of season when Austin in charge.  Under same circumstances, Ray would have been sidelined!  So please letz not talk about Collaros’ immobility but rather the poor O-line performance.  For the life of me can’t explain the mindset change once Austin stepped down. Everyone tried harder.

Users Online

59 Guests, 0 Users (10 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (9), Baidu

Most Online Today: 105. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)