Slomojo2005

I understand where you’re coming from, GOTC1, I’m a Zach fan also. But, if we are honest with ourselves, Zach only had the one really good year, 2015, cut short by injury.  In truth, Zach has never played a complete 18 game season, that I recall anyway.

As to MOP seasons, we only can only speculate that, if he had not been injured, he only might have been MOP.  He never really was nominated.

So , I'm sticking with Jeremiah , he's our starter,and, I sincerely hope our finisher for the season.
I agree with you Palmer, I will be rooting for Masoli too. But if things turn South
this year, I will be the first to point out what a bad trade we made getting rid
of Collaros.

Lets all keep our fingers crossed that I stay mute.
If I had to wager my money on which one between Masoli and Collaros will most likely start and finish the season for their collective teams this year my money would be on Masoli . The reason being is that with Zach's injury history and how weak the O-Line looks in Saskie right now on paper ? I'm thinking that 2018 will be a repeat of 2017 for Collaros . He will be running for his life back there with no protection and will be once again on the IL before you know it . I give him til game five or six before he gets dinged up (once again) and Bridge takes over for the Riders .

Look I like Collaros as much as the next guy but in reality I can't honestly see him ever regaining the form he showed in that 2015 season . Let's not forget that he is 0-12 in is last dozen starts . I know that some will say , well it wasn't all his fault BUT at the end of the day we all know that the QB is the trigger man on any football team . He's the guy that stirs the drinks and the team wasn't stirring much of anything in those 12 games unfortunately . I maybe wrong on this but I'm thinking that GOTC1 remains mute this season and that the fans that will be hollering about their season turning South on them will be the good fans of that team on the Prairies and not us .

As for the team making a bad trade getting rid of Collaros ? In reality with his contract situation the way it was , it had to be done . The irony of all this is the same fans who were hoping that the team wasn't going to trade him away would be the same fans screaming about how we lost the likes of Tasker , Banks , Laurent , Dean , Capiccotti , Washington , Shortill and yes Masoli in FA because we couldn't afford to re-sign them all and keep Collaros as well . In short it's really rather basic here , you can't have it both ways . You can't have your cake and eat it too . Collaros was here , he's gone now , plain and simple . Get over it . It's time to move forward and quit looking at the reflection in the mirror ,and it's high time that you quit playing the "what if" game .
On paper Bobo??  Sask O-line on paper.  TiCats looked like Grey Cup contenders swveral years, on paper and we got NADA!  We will have to see. If Sask line is indeed bad, Zack will have same difficult time as he did when our O-line absolutely “sucked” and he went 0-8.  But I dont think Jones will allow that to happen of his O-line without doing something quickly.

Slomojo2005

Apparently, Jeremiah has the respect and confidence of Coach Jones and so it seems the starting QB job is now Jeremiah's to lose and anyone else's to win.  I guess what the rest of us feel about it, really doesn't matter?  July 5th, Cats at Riders, who gets to say "told you so"?  Worth the price of admission.
I'm looking forward to this game as well. But I'm torn between being a Tigercat
fan and a Collaros fan. I still beleive he is a MOP QB and Masoli is not yet.
Even Jones admitted that if he would have gone with Collaros instead of Masoli
the outcome would have been the same. The 0-8 made it impossible for him
to do that and keep his job. And since masoli keep a winning way Jones had no
reason to pull him.

So We will see.
The 0-8 record allowed June Jones to take the safe/easy/“chicken-crap” route in order not to get any flack.  Keeping Masoli in and not giving Zack some playing time was an easy/safe decision,  not a brainstorm move.

Krisiun

I understand where you’re coming from, GOTC1, I’m a Zach fan also. But, if we are honest with ourselves, Zach only had the one really good year, 2015, cut short by injury.  In truth, Zach has never played a complete 18 game season, that I recall anyway.

As to MOP seasons, we only can only speculate that, if he had not been injured, he only might have been MOP.  He never really was nominated.

So, I’m sticking with Jeremiah, he’s our starter, and, I sincerely hope, our finisher for the season.
I agree with you Palmer, I will be rooting for Masoli too. But if things turn South
this year, I will be the first to point out what a bad trade we made getting rid
of Collaros.

Lets all keep our fingers crossed that I stay mute.
  JM will and should do a decent job for TiCats, but thatz it, MEDIOCRACY!  That appears to be good enough for our management team/ organization.  Letz move on and just hope for something better than what is expected.
That might be what YOUR expectations are but some of us have observed the great improvement in Masoli's ability over the last couple of seasons. From 2013 to 2015 he was raw and inexperienced and made mistakes that justifiably drew the wrath of fans. Then in 2016 he played in more games and gained some valuable experience while improving to a competent and as you put, mediocre level. Finally in the 2017 season Jeremiah again greatly improved into a legitimate CFL starting QB. 

I find Masoli's accomplishment in 2017 even more impressive due to the fact that he had to learn and implement a new patchwork Run and Shoot playbook, under a new head coach and under the dark cloud of managerial chaos that was the 2017 Cat's season.

Yet even with last years excellent stats and highlights, plus having an entire off-season to prepare with the new playbook and other personnel improvements, some people are still not convinced, or at the very least cautiously optimistic.

So slomojo2005, I ask you this question: Why are you so convinced that Masoli has absolutely peaked in his potential and will never rise above mediocrity?

smogmonster

Apparently, Jeremiah has the respect and confidence of Coach Jones and so it seems the starting QB job is now Jeremiah's to lose and anyone else's to win.  I guess what the rest of us feel about it, really doesn't matter?  July 5th, Cats at Riders, who gets to say "told you so"?  Worth the price of admission.
I'm looking forward to this game as well. But I'm torn between being a Tigercat
fan and a Collaros fan. I still beleive he is a MOP QB and Masoli is not yet.
Even Jones admitted that if he would have gone with Collaros instead of Masoli
the outcome would have been the same. The 0-8 made it impossible for him
to do that and keep his job. And since masoli keep a winning way Jones had no
reason to pull him.

So We will see.
The 0-8 record allowed June Jones to take the safe/easy/“chicken-crap” route in order not to get any flack.  Keeping Masoli in and not giving Zack some playing time was an easy/safe decision,  not a brainstorm move.
OMG....  how can you say that with any observations from the second half of last year?

Honestly slowmo...  you saw that Zach had a useless season and Masoli killed it.    Jones inspired it.
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

Krisiun

I wonder if Masoli feels disrespected. To have worked so hard to get to where he is and then now lose the spotlight again to Clickbait Manziel. I hope to see Jeremiah's motivation go even higher now and he ends up killing it in training camp and pre-season.

Lennywasout

I wonder if Masoli feels disrespected. To have worked so hard to get to where he is and then now lose the spotlight again to Clickbait Manziel. I hope to see Jeremiah's motivation go even higher now and he ends up killing it in training camp and pre-season.
Fully agree👍👍. Hoping it doesn’t effect his psyche.

hendy77

If Masoli needs Manziel to feel motivated, we're in big trouble.

I would expect Masoli to come in and be motivated and perform if he was being backed up by Billy Dicken.

Legs Feed the Wolf!

Grover

Masoli has never been afraid of competition, He is the starting QB on the team. No doubts, that status has not changed.

Manziel will be battling Vernon Adams for the back up position for now.
June Jones wanted all three of these guy under his watch.
June Jones now has a trifecta of high quality QB's in his stable to work with

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Krisiun

Masoli has never been afraid of competition, He is the starting QB on the team. No doubts, that status has not changed.

Manziel will be battling Vernon Adams for the back up position for now.
June Jones wanted all three of these guy under his watch.
June Jones now has a trifecta of high quality QB's in his stable to work with
I don't think the Cats will want to disappoint the new bandwagon fans by having Manziel on the sidelines holding a clipboard. They will work him onto Tim Horton's field somehow even his results are sub-par.

canadianfootballfan

Johnny boy has no CFL experience at all.  He is not at all in any way competition for Masoli.  Everybody got that?  If anyone thinks he is then - with all due respect - you're clueless.

He isn't even really competition for Adams.  Johnny will get the 3rd spot, or no spot.  You can quote me on that!

hendy77

^^^^^^^^

Now this is humourous. 

This will be the case, until about mid August.

Krisiun

Johnny boy has no CFL experience at all.  He is not at all in any way competition for Masoli.  Everybody got that?  If anyone thinks he is then - with all due respect - you're clueless.

He isn't even really competition for Adams.  Johnny will get the 3rd spot, or no spot.  You can quote me on that!
I've said it before but paying Cats-cum-lately fans are not just going to come to THF to catch a glimpse of Manziel drinking Gatorade on the sidelines. He will work his way onto the field even if it's in garbage time.

Grover

I've said it before but paying Cats-cum-lately fans are not just going to come to THF to catch a glimpse of Manziel drinking Gatorade on the sidelines. He will work his way onto the field even if it's in garbage time.
I am sure he will see playing time, especially in pre-season.
Reality is that Masoli is the only QB that is capable of reading CFL defences.
June Jones even has little experience in reading CFL defences, but I would still put Coach Jones ahead of Vernon Adams and light years ahead of Manziel.
June Jones is honest with his players, it's the way he is.
He wanted all 3 of these QB's to work with. I think all 3 will thrive in his offence!

TravelPat1

Johnny boy has no CFL experience at all.  He is not at all in any way competition for Masoli.  Everybody got that?  If anyone thinks he is then - with all due respect - you're clueless.
I guess that means you think Austin, Jones and Tillman are all 'clueless'. 

Slomojo2005

Smogmonster wrt to
“Honestly slowmo...  you saw that Zach had a useless season and Masoli killed it and Jones inspired it” comment.  Killed it?  Inspired it?  Won’t even bother with the Zach commwnt.   I was looking at THF and didn’t see Cup Grey anywhere so nothing was “killed”.  Is it hiding  somewhere?  Could happen this year but definitely not last year.  Inspired by Jones, no!  Inspired by Austin’s departure.  Would have happened had anyone else assumed the reigns. Have we already forgotten about a couple of brutal late season play calls that robably cost us a playoff spot?  But you know, i do hope for better this year.  Until I see something concrete, call be Simon!

Users Online

92 Guests, 13 Users (10 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mightygoose, SeaFiddle, pdson2, slowhand, Slomojo2005, KevinRiley2, Espo, Onemoredork, tony, schmenger, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (7)

Most Online Today: 189. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)