Krisiun

Does anybody else find it astonishing that there is a thread about Manziel that is currently 58 pages long and has over 37000 views? A guy who has proven nothing in any pro league and has never even thrown a down in the CFL. :o

Yet, we have a guy in Masoli who has studied the game for the last few years, made remarkable progress and has proven in his last 10 games or so that he is a legitimate starter in the CFL. Why doesn't everyone rally behind Jeremiah instead of being so mesmerized by Pipe Dream Johnny?

I remember a few years ago there was endless pining on this forum for Sam Giguere. This guy was going to be the greatest thing ever. Eventually he got here and how did that work out? The same thing is now happening with Manziel. So many endless posts about this guy that you would think we don't even have any other QBs signed right now.

Masoli and Adams are the Cats future right now. How about we all jump off the Manziel bandwagon right now and show our current QBs some love and respect? I want to see the Manziel thread drop to page 3 by next week. ;)

FootbalYouBet

Does anybody else find it astonishing that there is a thread about Manziel that is currently 58 pages long and has over 37000 views? A guy who has proven nothing in any pro league and has never even thrown a down in the CFL. :o

Yet, we have a guy in Masoli who has studied the game for the last few years, made remarkable progress and has proven in his last 10 games or so that he is a legitimate starter in the CFL. Why doesn't everyone rally behind Jeremiah instead of being so mesmerized by Pipe Dream Johnny?

I remember a few years ago there was endless pining on this forum for Sam Giguere. This guy was going to be the greatest thing ever. Eventually he got here and how did that work out? The same thing is now happening with Manziel. So many endless posts about this guy that you would think we don't even have any other QBs signed right now.

Masoli and Adams are the Cats future right now. How about we all jump off the Manziel bandwagon right now and show our current QBs some love and respect? I want to see the Manziel thread drop to page 3 by next week. ;)
probably a bit of lack of faith in Masoli. He good, but maybe not good enough.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

I don't think I am always right, it just keeps turning out that way

ExPat

Krisiun:  How do you think Jeremiah will do this year?

deltaqueen

"probably a bit of lack of faith in Masoli. He good, but maybe not good enough."

He's good enough - he has proven it  - he's just not a "drama queen" like Johnny.

Longtime Ti-cat Fan.

Grover

No Question,
Masoli has earned and fully deserves the #1 QB position on the team.
The guy is a gamer!!

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

bobo82

Krisiun:  How do you think Jeremiah will do this year?
lol . Well I'm not Krisiun but here are my top #6 predictions for the "REAL" QB with the initials "JM" for this upcoming season.

* Eastern All-Star selection for QB
* Team nominee and Eastern winner year end MOP award
* Minimum of 25 to a max of 30 + TD passes thrown on the season
* Over 5000+ yds total passing on season
* Starting QB in at minimum 10 wins this season for the team .
* Starting QB for the East Champion Ti-Cats in Grey Cup 2018 .

Lofty goals ? You betcha , But there is absolutely no reason to think that they can't and won't be achieved . 

So any disputes with my fearless predictions ? All you doubters might as well get them out of the way right now because I'd love to hear them . Oh , and for all you doubters out there ?
By all means please bookmark this page.......because trust me.....It's going to happen !!!  8)

In Masoli we trust !!! 
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

FootbalYouBet

Krisiun:  How do you think Jeremiah will do this year?
lol . Well I'm not Krisiun but here are my top #6 predictions for the "REAL" QB with the initials "JM" for this upcoming season.

* Eastern All-Star selection for QB
* Team nominee and Eastern winner year end MOP award
* Minimum of 25 to a max of 30 + TD passes thrown on the season
* Over 5000+ yds total passing on season
* Starting QB in at minimum 10 wins this season for the team .
* Starting QB for the East Champion Ti-Cats in Grey Cup 2018 .

Lofty goals ? You betcha , But there is absolutely no reason to think that they can't and won't be achieved .

So any disputes with my fearless predictions ? All you doubters might as well get them out of the way right now because I'd love to hear them . Oh , and for all you doubters out there ?
By all means please bookmark this page.......because trust me.....It's going to happen !!!  8)

In Masoli we trust !!!
eastern all star - if he remains healthy starter he has only 2 others to beat.
team nominee - could be, Eastern winner - not likely
25-30 tds - could happen
over 5000 - doubt it
starting for 10 wins - has the rest of the team improved enough?
GC game - yeah, could happen

blackandgld

I don't mean to be rude but comparing National Sam Giguere to Johnny Manziel is really nothing at all alike. And I get it , There has been nothing like this Manziel hype ever in Ticat land.

tcmike

Johnny M is a media guru and he is promoting himself which get people talking about him. He is on the Cats neg list so naturally if there is a chance he signs here there will be talk. This is not new so why bother getting worked up?

Jeremiah is our QB but unless he goes off on a bender not much will be said about him other than his performance
Best Game\'s ever. 1986 game 2 Ticat Argo Home and Home East final series and 1998 Eastern Final Hamilton VS Montreal.

Palmer

I’m on board!  I’ve gone cold turkey on the Manziel thread, so I needed a substitute  :D.  But even here, the Johnny virus is creeping in?  Careful, guys, careful.

ExPat

I’m on board!  I’ve gone cold turkey on the Manziel thread, so I needed a substitute  :D.  But even here, the Johnny virus is creeping in?  Careful, guys, careful.
Glamour Boy has only been mentioned in 5 of the first 10 posts.  Slightly below average for recent threads perhaps.

ExPat

I think the #1 thing Masoli can improve is his consistency.  His games to-date have been characterized by incredibly hot streaks and then painful cold streaks (e.g. a quarter or two of 2-and-outs).  I know that not every drive can be a scoring drive, but the long cold spells tend to be momentum-shifters because we generally don't shut down the other team's offence over the same interval.

Some of it may be play-calling.  There is a long and proud tradition in Hamilton of shifting away from something when it works, and that can't help.  (RB is getting 8 and 10 yard runs?  Well, let's just stop handing him the ball.)

My gut feeling (not scientific) is that Masoli is better than average at medium-to-long passes, making something out of broken plays, and running the ball.  But below average at the shorter passes, whether over the middle or to the flats.  I would have to think that's in his head and not due to ability.  Maybe he's just over-thinking things?

Could probably be solved with a combination of more reps and some coaching.  Of course, we also have a tradition here (more recent, as in 2017 vintage) of benching a struggling QB instead of coaching him through difficulties.  That tactic may be less likely this year without a #2 guy who is ready to start.

safetyblitz

Ticats visit SK in week 4 (July 5). I'm sure that will provide some fodder for Masoli vs. Collaros discussion as the date gets closer, especially since we'll have seen them in several games in the weeks prior.

Both teams are off in week 5, then they play the rubber match in Hamilton in week 6 (July 19).

If they meet a third time, it will be in a playoff game.

Slomojo2005

probably a bit of lack of faith in Masoli. He good, but maybe not good enough.
That is exactly it, right on the nail.  Love Masoli but not “the guy”.  Hope he proves me/us wrong and I’ll then chat about him for 60pages.

Palmer

Of course, we also have a tradition here (more recent, as in 2017 vintage) of benching a struggling QB instead of coaching him through difficulties.  That tactic may be less likely this year without a #2 guy who is ready to start.
"Recent" would have to be the operative word here!  One of the big complaints about Kent Austin over the previous years was his refusal to pull the QB and give game reps to the back-ups, including Masoli.  As I recall, he swapped Henry Burris a bit in that Guelph play-off game (much to Burris' everlasting complaining), but unless Collaros was injured, I seem to recall that Austin tended to leave him in.  Indeed, when Zach did get injured, the cry from disappointed fans was that our back-ups were totally unprepared, resulting in our early exit.

Even last year, there was a hard-core group that wanted Jones to re-insert Collaros, just to "see what he could do" under the Jones offensive system.  And, perhaps that is your reference, but don't forget, Austin stuck with Collaros through 12 straight losses, until Jones substituted Masoli, even though Masoli had performed quite well during Zach's injury time.

Users Online

109 Guests, 15 Users (14 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
The Last Word, RedandWhite, FootbalYouBet, heapbag, Grover, Onemoredork, KevinRiley2, Mightygoose, SeaFiddle, pdson2, slowhand, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (8)

Most Online Today: 189. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)