Grover

http://3downnation.com/2018/06/10/new-ticats-projected-depth-chart-means/

1. There are still a whopping 55 names on the active roster which means nine players will have to be put on the injured list or otherwise be dealt with. That seems like a lot.
2. I’ve listed Wilkerson over Toliver at receiver only because Terrence has yet to play in a pre-season or do much by the way of team work in practice. But if he’s healthy, he likely starts. Either way, I like the Ticats receiving corps, though the injury to Shamawd Chambers and the release of Jacob Scarfone mean playing two Canadians is out of the question. If Rob Bagg, recently released from the Riders and Kingston native, is interested in still playing…
3. The Ticats held on to their entire stockpile of nine Canadian offensive linemen even though I think they’ll only start three. Two more will be reserves and the rest will be stashed away in Eric Tillman’s closet.
4. The Ticats defensive line looks pretty good, though Justin Vaughn getting hurt against Montreal exposes a weak spot in terms of Canadian depth: not much behind Ted Laurent if he gets injured as well. Draft pick Brett Wade is on the practice roster but can’t be counted on to be a contributor this early in his career.
5. It could be either Mariel Cooper or Don Unamba at the SAM, if they are healthy, or it could be Randall Evans if they aren’t. SAM was a question mark coming into camp and it’s still a question mark going into week one.
6. The departure of Kanneh muddies the secondary a little as he was a projected starter up until very recently. Courtney Stephen will be the safety and Richard Leonard will be the field halfback and the rest is just educated guesswork. Or just guesswork.
7. Jason Neill could be the starting American defensive tackle after his big boy performance against Montreal but Bobby Richardson could be the guy. Consider that a question mark as well but with two good answers.
8. The Ticats still have some ratio flexibility but the injuries to Chambers and, maybe, Vaughn hurt. Hamilton could still start a Canadian at running back – the Mercer Timmis stiff-arm was my favourite play of the pre-season – and could roll the dice with four nationals on the offensive line. Nick Shortill or Terrell Davis could probably start at linebacker but taking Simoni Lawrence or Larry Dean off the field is a high price to pay.
9. Quarterback Vernon Adams is still on the roster. Head coach June Jones said on Saturday that Adams’ agent was still trying to work out a deal for him and the Ticats are likely trying to get something for him…

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

CatsFaninOttawa

Interesting that you have Rolle starting over Washington. While I was impressed with Rolle in pre-season, I was also impressed with Washington in the handful of games he played in last year. Got a coin?

I still think that officially, Whitlock may be listed as a starter at DT. That would make him an unrestricted international, able to come into the game on offence without taking out another international player. That would mean he could come in to replace the Canadian receiver, permitting us to use both him and Green in situational plays while still having our best receivers on the field.

bobo82

So if my count is correct the 55 players showing on Drew's projected depth chart breaks down as 4 QB's , 24 Imp , 27 Cdns . Basically meaning that 3 to 4 Imp and 5 to 6 Cdns along with Adams will have to be shuffled around among the 1 gm and 6 gm IL to meet the required 46 man active roster .

So for what it's worth here is my uneducated guess as to how the team might look heading into the season opener against Calgary . Imports or Internationals if you like are marked by an asterisk .

46 man Active Roster

OFFENCE :

QB

Masoli , Manziel , Evans

RB

Green* , Whitlock*(dt) , Timmis , Erlington(sb)

WR/SB

Banks*, Tasker*, Saunders* , Wilkerson* , Lussier , Jones

OL

Filer , Revenberg , Rice , Washington* , Mathews*, Schram , Girard ,Ciraco

DEFENCE

Ends

Tracy* , Cappicotti , McGough , Howsare*

Tackles

Laurent , Neill*, Vaughan

Linebackers

WILL

Lawrence* , Shorthill

MIKE

Dean* , Davis , Newton

SAM

Cooper* , Unamba*

DB's

CB's

Rolle* , Washington *, Green*

HB's

Brooks* , Leonard*, Williams*

Safety

Stephen , Daly , Bennett

SPECIALS

Kicker

Hajrullahu

Long Snapper

Malcolm

46 man breakdown = 3 qb / 22 Cdn / 21 Imp
So looking at each position and the depth of each along with special team requirements
I predict that the following 9 players will likely be placed on either the 1 gm or 6 gm to get down to the mandatory 46 man active roster .

qb- Vernon Adams (6 gm or possibly traded)
wr -Terence Toliver (6 gm)
ol - Kay Okafor (1 gm)
ol - Brett Golding ( 1 gm)
ol - Everett Williams ( 1 gm)
db- Jay Langa ( 6 gm)
db- Nick Parisotto (1 gm)
db- Randall Evans (1 gm)
dt- Bobby Richardson (1 gm)

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

ExPat

To summarize the best recruits of 2018, based on who is still on the team:

- WR (starting) and returner Bryce Wilkerson (INT) - looks to have beaten out Aultman and the various NAT players for a starting spot, at least until Toliver returns.

- DB John Green (INT) - starting at CB position

- DB Jumal Rolle (INT) - starting at the other CB position

- DB and returner Frankie Williams (INT) - possibly our #1 returner, and backup at halfback

- DB Randall Evans (INT) - backing up at halfback position

- DL Bobby Richardson (INT) - backing up at DT

- DL Julian Howsare (INT) - backing up at DE

- 2018 draft pick and OL Darius Ciraco (NAT) - backing up at OG

- 2018 draft pick and DB/LB Jackson Bennett (NAT) - backing up at Safety, and probably LB

- 2018 draft pick and DB Nicholas Parisotto (NAT) - backing up at Safety

So, one new starter on offence (WR), two on defence (DB). One primary returner.  Six backups on defence, one backup on offence.

All others returning from last year (or previous years, in the case of Girard).

Did I miss any newbies?

Grover

- 2018 draft pick and DB Nicholas Parisotto (NAT) - backing up at Safety
TiCats drafted Parisotto at 66th overall in the 8th and last round of the 2018 draft.

He was actually the 2nd of 2 picks that we had in that round.(Alex Hoffman-Ellis trade)
He is the highest pick in the draft to make a 2018 CFL roster of any team

Another example of the good work done by Allemang and Crew

Users Online

52 Guests, 3 Users (9 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ExPat, rhymes with orange, NZFan, Google (AdSense) (2), Google (6), Baidu

Most Online Today: 109. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)