Onemoredork

Love this fanbase. When you blow it up they scream for continuity. When you aim for continuity they want you to blow it up.

When you keep the same players they say we have to upgrade... When you let them leave they throw in your face that you let them go.

Rinse, repeat.
Post of the year.

(Every year because it still applies )

mr62cats

"Post of the Year"?  What a joke.
So you think there is nothing to criticize about the way this team is run?
This off-season mediocrity we are witnessing will come back to haunt us by the end of the 2018 or 2019 season.
When the inevitable management changes occur, so will the glaring need for a longer term plan.

150GAGE

Love this fanbase. When you blow it up they scream for continuity. When you aim for continuity they want you to blow it up.

When you keep the same players they say we have to upgrade... When you let them leave they throw in your face that you let them go.

Rinse, repeat.
Post of the year.

Not really.

One can want continuity, and still want suttle upgrades to get  over the top. I don' t believe the two positions are mutually exclusive.
E.g.. may of wanted to upgrade our running back or add depth at that position; or an additional receiver, or a kick returner etc.
It' s the little tweaks at this point in time that will make the difference in winning or losing those close games that we often came up short.

Onemoredork

"Post of the Year"?  What a joke.
This off-season mediocrity we are witnessing will come back to haunt us by the end of the 2018 or 2019 season.
When the inevitable management changes occur, so will the glaring need for a longer term plan.
Then quote your own post (so we can all see it again ) when you said the team shouldnt be re-signing veterans but should be signing a whole slate of new talent.

If you didnt say that then you are just another fickle mush-head fan that loves to complain for the sake of complaining which this site has too many of.

Onemoredork

Rinse, repeat.
Post of the year.

Not really.

One can want continuity, and still want suttle upgrades to get  over the top. I don' t believe the two positions are mutually exclusive.
E.g.. may of wanted to upgrade our running back or add depth at that position; or an additional receiver, or a kick returner etc.
It' s the little tweaks at this point in time that will make the difference in winning or losing those close games that we often came up short.
Except free agency isnt the only avenue in which to do this.

Which is why teams employ scouts, run mini camps and main camp and bring in players at any point during the season to augment talent acquisition.

This is basic football stuff, right?

Krisiun

"Post of the Year"?  What a joke.
I agree with you that the "post of the year" comment is a joke. This teams management in 2017 was riddled with ineptitude and scandal. They deserved to be criticized and scorned by the fanbase.

However, I also feel that the team has turned a corner. Since Labour Day there have been many positive changes. Yes also some missteps (Briles) but Austin and crew quickly fixed the problems and hopefully learned from the mistakes. They have re-signed key players (Tasker, Laurent, Dean). Solidified the O-Line and many other smart personnel decisions. I also like that they haven't caved in to the demands of Manziel and offered him a king's ransom of money.

Overall I get the feeling that Austin is methodically and rationally trying to right the ship and clean up the mess he left behind. Time will tell if it will work out but I would at least give him the benefit of the doubt for the 2018 season.

Crash

For those upset that we brought the same 0-8 team back please clarify the following:

Of the free agents we resigned who was available AFTER free agency started that would be an upgrade and made sense to sign...

Luke tasker 
Brandon Banks
Larry Dean
Jerimiah Masoli 
Ted Laurant 

Because if we allowed any of the above to see free agency with the option of upgrading...there's a chance we don't get either.

Please fill in the above with the better player at a given position.

Mr. Black and Gold

Some people are just hard to please I guess. I believe Kent did a great job this free agency period. Can't wait to see what will happen in this years draft, and when the NFL cuts happen. 

So far, A+ work. 

Slomojo2005

Some people are just hard to please I guess. I believe Kent did a great job this free agency period. Can't wait to see what will happen in this years draft, and when the NFL cuts happen.

So far, A+ work.
I agree Mr B & G.  I also think that the “post of the year” was pretty good.  People complain for the sake of complaining!  If you ask them about last year’s 2nd half team, they would all tell you that we probably had enough to go all the way to GC if we made play-offs.  And I blame some stupid coaching calls for not making it. Si yeah last year’s team is pretty good and we brought back most. A little tweeking and we are there!! Stop complaining , bring on the season!  We are going to be in the thick of things in the East. 

Grover

Mike Morreale

" The #Ticats will pick up where they left off, "
"Hamilton is the team to beat in the East. They are well positioned to really make a run at it."

Some people only want to see the first 8 games of last season when we were 0-8
I only want to recognize the last 10 games when we finished 6-4 and our 4 losses came right down to the last minutes of the game.

This team is still virtually the same now as the team that finished the season last year now that all the key free agents have all re-signed.
These guys all came back for the same reason, "To pick up where they left off"
My only real concern is still our Defensive backfield and SAM.

We have continuity, Training camp will be not so much auditioning for jobs on Offense, it will be for improving June Jones playbook and getting players even more improved from where they left off last season, hopefully playing at a very high level when we start the season on the long West road trip. 
It will be like a 6 week practice for the starters and backups
Our first 4 games are against @CGY, @EDM, come home to host WPG and hit the road back to @SSK

I would be happy with a 2-2 record coming off that start

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

tcmike

Rinse, repeat.
Post of the year.

Or you can continue to re hash old posts at an annoying pace. Fans have the right to speak their minds of the good or bad in their eyes. That what makes forum a free place to vent, discuss, praise whatever is on their minds. I love this team but have and will continue to speak my mind whether others agree or not.
Best Game\'s ever. 1986 game 2 Ticat Argo Home and Home East final series and 1998 Eastern Final Hamilton VS Montreal.

relic7

I believe Kent had just too many jobs at one time and now can concentrate on one...whether you like the man or not the fact is that he does know "football"...I believe the team is in solid shape...bring on the season...can't wait !!

tabbiefanmcb

A nice day,s work, Kent. Thank you.
👍👍
Yes, indeed.

Well done!!!!

I heard Eric Tillman interviewed on TSN radio, Hamilton, last night and the strong impression I got from him was that personnel decisions are a group effort.

And there's nothing wrong with a number of opinions being voiced. The more perspectives, the better.

As long as good results come from them, that's what truly matters.
home team - I've heard Austin say that many a time both in relation to the coaching staff - when he was still HC - and football personnel decisions.  He also gives credit to Shawn Burke and Drew Allemang (as does Tillman) for all of their scouting and help with personnel.

tabbiefanmcb

Except free agency isnt the only avenue in which to do this.

Which is why teams employ scouts, run mini camps and main camp and bring in players at any point during the season to augment talent acquisition.

This is basic football stuff, right?

Agree - Anyone recognise the following players - Richard Leonard (should have been ROTY!) Nikita Whitlock, Davon Coleman - to say nothing of some departed players like Erik Harris and Delvin Breaux??  All brought in from FA camps and scouting! 

Users Online

106 Guests, 4 Users (14 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, RichardVeilleux, ticats28, Grover, Yahoo!, Google (13)

Most Online Today: 124. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)