ExPat

Ex-Lion Purifoy signs with Redblacks.

Would like to see Lions SAM LB Chandler Fenner sign with us
Thought we might be in the market for a DB.  Could use another veteran back there, especially if Kanneh stays at SAM.  We have some promising young talent, but also a history of injuries back there.  

Grover

Ex-Lion Purifoy signs with Redblacks.

Would like to see Lions SAM LB Chandler Fenner sign with us
Thought we might be in the market for a DB.  Could use another veteran back there, especially if Kanneh stays at SAM.  We have some promising young talent, but also a history of injuries back there.  
:(
Mitch Rosset‏Verified account 
 4m4 minutes ago
#Bombers ink DB Chandler Fenner to a two-year contract. #CFL

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

ExPat

Last minute signings of Dean and Laurent would support the theory expressed on here a few weeks ago (which I think I may have dubbed as a conspiracy theory).  

Theory held that Cats had some signed contracts in their back pocket, but were avoiding going public with the info in order to gain some kind of strategic advantage.  

With the way things transpired, it’s quite likely that other teams were planning to make one or both players a centrepiece of their FA plans.  Only to find out at the last minute that they would need to alter their plans.  

Advantage, Tiger-Cats.  

safetyblitz

Jamaal Westerman, TJ Heath, and Jerome Messam still on the board. Predictions where they might end up?

Slomojo2005

So has anyone or can anyone with more smarts than I figure out in some approximate manner how much cap space is available still?  Cool of someone could do.

Grover

Grover

So has anyone or can anyone with more smarts than I figure out in some approximate manner how much cap space is available still?  Cool of someone could do.
I would think we still have some cap space left, all we have added is Lirum.
Laurent took a $40K paycut, Dean got a hefty raise, and Tasker a bit of a raise

But we also shed some big contracts

Collaros - $550K

E. Davis - $140K

Chick - $140K

Gable - $130K

We will  also have to sign our 5 picks in the top 20 of the upcoming May draft

Corey.the.tiger

Jesus, thayst an awfaw lot for a kicker...no?

ExPat

Not a chance

cats99

Great news👍About Teddy Bear
[/img]
Germany WC RUSSIA
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️+⭐️2018
🇩🇪

longtimetcfan

Glad to have TiCats re-sign it’s “major” free agents but the team must have reached the salary cap considering no other team’s free agents have been signed... as of yet anyway.

Other teams, other than Montreal and Toronto, have been quite active.

DisplacedCatsFan

Jesus, thayst an awfaw lot for a kicker...no?
Medlock makes $175k. 
Liram is a Canadian that both punts and place kicks.
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath

150GAGE

This  is awesome.  

Ex Pat - can you start a similar thread every year at free agency time.  

blackandgld

I would think we still have some cap space left, all we have added is Lirum.

Collaros - $550K

E. Davis - $140K

Chick - $140K

Gable - $130K

We will  also have to sign our 5 picks in the top 20 of the upcoming May draft
Masoli also got a nice raise and probably too for Speedy B

Grover

Collaros - $550K
E. Davis - $140K
Chick - $140K
Gable - $130K
We will  also have to sign our 5 picks in the top 20 of the upcoming May draft
Masoli also got a nice raise and probably too for Speedy B
A good read from Drew here

http://3downnation.com/2018/02/13/free-agency-analysis-ticats-banking-2017-squad-can-get-done-year/

While Hajrullahu’s reported $145,000 salary won’t break the bank on its own, the Ticats have spent some money to get last year’s team to become this year’s team. With the exception of Laurent – who went from a reported $275,000 to around $200,000 – players like Tasker ($175,000), Dean ($160,000) and Masoli ($235,000 plus $90,000 in playtime bonuses) – all got raises. So too did guys like Shortill, and earlier re-signings like Jay Langa and Brandon Revenberg.

The re-signings, coupled with the infusion of young talent that emerged last year, particularly receiver Jalen Saunders and defensive back Richard Leonard, and the Ticats will have a very familiar look to them. Of the 24 players who started the Week 20 game against Montreal last season, every single one is slated to return.
Which isn’t to say there won’t be changes. Fullback C.O. Prime remains a free agent and national linebacker Mitch Barnett, who played in all 18 games last season, signed in B.C.

Look for Austin to pick up some value in the coming days as prices drop after the initial flurry of activity.

Users Online

68 Guests, 3 Users (3 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Niagara Als, ronfromtigertown, 97valkyrie, Google (3)

Most Online Today: 139. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)