bobo82

What happened to Crawford as the Long Snapper?  The November 3rd lineup shows Malcolm (#32) as LS.
He tore up his ACL late in the season and was placed on the retirement list along with Fantuz .

more about it here :

http://forums.cfl.ca/hamilton-tiger-cats/5/ticats-add-nat-long-snapper-kevin-malcolm-to-practice-roster/104964/
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

schmenger

Starting to look alot like last year.  The Cats have done a great job bringing back most of their free agents. Unfortunately, they have enticed one player from another team to sign in the Hammer. Looks like on paper, Saskatchewan and Winnipeg have done a great job addressing their needs. As far as the Tiger Cats......I am somewhat disappointed. What can we expect considering most if not all of the quality players have signed anywhere except the Hammer.
You have to be the first person to post disappointment in retaining all our targeted players.  Who’d we miss out on? Who was a true free agent we didn’t get?

I for one like what they did.  None of us know how much cap space is left.  

Who’s on your wish list we should have gone hard after?
That's not what I said Lenny. I am glad the Tiger Cats have resigned most of their free agents, but at what cost?. As far as my list of players they should sign, DB Heath, DE Bazzie and LB Hill or Hurl. Repeating the same mistakes will get the same result. Defence needs to improve if you want to win championships..... 

Lennywasout

Other than Heath, I don’t believe the others have been signed by anyone. There’s still time to sign them at the right price.  Having continuity for the first time in years should make us better. I’m not a huge June Jones fan since the Briles debacle and now Granville but I’m a believer in the players they’ve signed.  Again, we have no clue how we are with the SMS so other free agents maybe out of range to sign.

schmenger

Bazzie to Edmonton, Heath to Toronto, Hurl to Saskatchewan Hill unsigned.

ExPat

You have to be the first person to post disappointment in retaining all our targeted players.  Who’d we miss out on? Who was a true free agent we didn’t get?
Personally, I'm thrilled we retained all our top guns.  But my view was that we needed to do two things this off-season:

1) Retain most of our top guns (didn't expect "all")

2) Add some new high-quality players through free agency

I don't think our team was good enough last year, so to me it seems like we need to get better if we want to challenge for the championship.  The greatest area for improvement, I believe, is in the defensive backfield, where we had yet another year of fairly constant changes.

Obrigardo

Starting to look alot like last year.  The Cats have done a great job bringing back most of their free agents. Unfortunately, they have enticed one player from another team to sign in the Hammer. Looks like on paper, Saskatchewan and Winnipeg have done a great job addressing their needs. As far as the Tiger Cats......I am somewhat disappointed. What can we expect considering most if not all of the quality players have signed anywhere except the Hammer.

I for one like what they did.  None of us know how much cap space is left.  

Who’s on your wish list we should have gone hard after?
Heath or Yell

Obrigardo

I understand your point .they were 6 and 12 the status quo is not extremely  encouraging .hopefully the in-house changes they made last season was they're free agency

150GAGE

We need depth this year; we had Tolliver go down early and could not figure out our receiving core until week10??

Onemoredork

After lots of patience and a ton of starting reps SSK and WPG discovered Sam Hurl cant cover.
He is going back to SSK to sit on the bench and/or STs.
How or why he could ever help HAM is a mystery.

Onemoredork

Riders are already in cap hell.
Jones, the guy who was supposed to clean up the books after the last guys cap hell, is offering up Henoc Muamba.

Let them sweat , Kent , and get him for a song.

bobo82

Bazzie to Edmonton, Heath to Toronto, Hurl to Saskatchewan Hill unsigned.
Excuse my ignorance BUT who the Hell is Hill ? Whoever he is he isn't listed on any team's FA list .

Count Floyd

After lots of patience and a ton of starting reps SSK and WPG discovered Sam Hurl cant cover.
He is going back to SSK to sit on the bench and/or STs.
How or why he could ever help HAM is a mystery.
Agreed.  It's baffling why anyone would want Hurl.  All he's shown is that he's incapable of starting.

smogmonster

Aaron Grymes still on the table.  Loved his play in Edmonton.  Solid DB.

Nick Moore for depth at WR anyone?  Would fit into our offensive scheme pretty well.
Permanence, perseverance and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: It is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.
Thomas Carlyle

Count Floyd

Yes to Grymes, no to Moore.

Would rather have Fantuz re-signed than Moore.

ticat1

You know what'll help our D more than signing new players on that side? 

An offense that doesn't string together entire quarters worth of 2 and outs. 

Users Online

113 Guests, 30 Users (10 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
MtnCat, CFL in QC, ExPat, Augustus67, ticat1, RedandWhite, sully, FenderGuy69, Allek, safetyblitz, letsgoticats, RichardVeilleux, Fred C Dobbs, TravelPat1, FootbalYouBet, Bigshot, rshmglsky, Onemoredork, Niagara Als, Corey.the.tiger, Chestmaster, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Condors4ever, Packman, Mightygoose, tcmike, Google (AdSense) (6), Google (3), Baidu

Most Online Today: 167. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)