Grover

I can see us bundling 2 of 10, 11, 15 to move up to select
GODFREY ONYEKA
I would love to see the Cats draft this fella

Godfrey Onyeka       
DB | Laurier
Onyeka is a long defensive back capable of rotating down to acting as a linebacker but also capable of running with your team’s best receiver. He arguably has the most well-rounded skill set of all the defensive backs in 2018’s draft as Onyeka is just as likely to light up a ball carrier, sky to knock away a pass or get involved in the run game. Part of the reason he remains a first round discussion point.

Comparison: Taylor Loffler (2016 UBC)

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

gerbear9

I'd like to see the cats go after Godfrey Onyeka db from Laurier
and Mark Chapman from Central Michigan
and then the best OLINEMAN available

bobo82

I can see us bundling 2 of 10, 11, 15 to move up to select
GODFREY ONYEKA
I would love to see the Cats draft this fella

Godfrey Onyeka      
DB | Laurier
Onyeka is a long defensive back capable of rotating down to acting as a linebacker but also capable of running with your team’s best receiver. He arguably has the most well-rounded skill set of all the defensive backs in 2018’s draft as Onyeka is just as likely to light up a ball carrier, sky to knock away a pass or get involved in the run game. Part of the reason he remains a first round discussion point.

Comparison: Taylor Loffler (2016 UBC)
Interesting . The Mock Draft that I posted earlier in this thread has Onyeka being selected 6th over-all in the 1rst round by the Eskimos . So looking at this more closely we can take a risk and hope that somehow he slips through the cracks and is still available when we draft 10th or 11th . Another option as "blackngold" says is trade up with a bundle of 2 of our 10th, 11th or 15th round picks . The beauty of this years draft is that we basically own it and control it with 5 of the first 20 selections . Buckle your seat-belts as they say because this 2018 draft is going to be a very interesting ride indeed. I can literally see the phone lines lighting up in the Ti-Cat War room big time with offers and trade options coming in galore from the 8 other GM's with our treasure trough of Draft selections in the top 20 in what looks to be a bumper crop of talent available this year .  ;D 8)
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

2ez

"Obie botched the draft" threads seem so long ago.
10 years.  Time flies.  
You guys made me feel old with that comment lmao ... How things have changed around here

We should make a killing in this draft if we play it right, tons of talent at the top. Gimme one of the linemen, gimme Oneyka and either Cibasu (NFL interest) or Simonise and I'll be happy.

Some other guys on rankings I wouldn't mind is Jackson Bennett, Kene Oneyka, Ryan Pickett, Nelkas Kwemo ... crazy amount of talent coming out this year. Also whoever ends up with Alex Taylor will be getting an absolute gem, I wouldn't be mad at all if we went that route he could be around for 5-7 years easy, but I've got a feeling the Bombers will snap him up to replace their hometown boy Andrew Harris with another hometown boy.

CrazyCanuck1988

I hope we can come away with both Onyeka brothers.  Godfrey looks so versatile and Kene has a high motor.

Grover

Great read here on the TiCats scouting,
The combine in WPG tomorrow will be an important day.

http://3downnation.com/2018/03/23/loaded-draft-picks-ticats-combine-shopping-list/

Grover

Marshall Ferguson
(@TSN_Marsh)

McMaster REC Dan Petermann won the 40 yard dash in 4.54s today. Ties him for 7th all-time @CFL combines with Anthony Parker (Calgary 2011) Israel Bamba (Sherbrooke 2012) and Steven Turner (Bishop's 2010) #CFLCombine #CFL

6foot, 200lbs, From Stoney Creek

GREAT READ ON HIM HERE
www.cfl.ca/2018/03/24/p…

bobo82

Marshall Ferguson
(@TSN_Marsh)

McMaster REC Dan Petermann won the 40 yard dash in 4.54s today. Ties him for 7th all-time @CFL combines with Anthony Parker (Calgary 2011) Israel Bamba (Sherbrooke 2012) and Steven Turner (Bishop's 2010) #CFLCombine #CFL

GREAT READ ON HIM HERE
www.cfl.ca/2018/03/24/p…
Hey Grover , you might want to re-post that link . It comes up "page not found" .

Grover

Marshall Ferguson
(@TSN_Marsh)

GREAT READ ON HIM HERE
www.cfl.ca/2018/03/24/p…
Hey Grover , you might want to re-post that link . It comes up "page not found" .
Thanks bobo, here it is

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/03/24/petermann-fastest-40-im-happy-results/

He checks of a lot of boxes

REC - check
NAT - check
LOCAL - check
BIG - check
FAST - check

Petermann had a team-best 61 catches for 831 yards and nine touchdowns. Danny Vandervoort, the No. 3 pick in last year’s CFL draft, was right behind him with 39 catches for 664 yards.
Last year, Petermann led McMaster again, with 36 catches for 517 yards and two touchdowns.

bobo82

Marshall Ferguson
(@TSN_Marsh)

https://www.cfl.ca/2018/03/24/petermann-fastest-40-im-happy-results/

He checks of a lot of boxes

REC - check
NAT - check
LOCAL - check
BIG - check
FAST - check

Petermann had a team-best 61 catches for 831 yards and nine touchdowns. Danny Vandervoort, the No. 3 pick in last year’s CFL draft, was right behind him with 39 catches for 664 yards.
Last year, Petermann led McMaster again, with 36 catches for 517 yards and two touchdowns.
Yup . All boxes certainly checked for sure . I would love to see us somehow draft both Petermann and Chapman to upgrade our rather pathetic and shallow depth and talent level at the Canadian Receiving position . I'm certainly no fan of either Aprile or Jones as both have proven over and over again  that they are not reliable or should even be close to being considered starting material on this team. 

Aprile has been here 4 years now and has spent more time on the IL then on the active roster . When he has had the opportunity to start he has shown time and time again that he has a pair of boards for hands . Total games played with team ( 27 over 4 seasons ) Total games missed on IL ( 45 over 4 seasons) . Total receptions in career here ( 3 receptions for 24 yards ) . I will be personally shocked if Aprile somehow makes it through final cuts this year at TC and actually makes this team this year .

As for Jones , it seems like for every pass he catches he drops three more . He's certainly not as pathetic as Aprile but he certainly isn't starting material either . Let's be honest here , there is no way that Jones would be starting on any of the other teams in the league except for maybe Mtl and even then that would be a big maybe .

of course

I think we take G Onyeka at #2, and the best available receiver and OL at 10 and 11.  This draft is laden with OL talent, so waiting until round 2 to take an OL will still result in us getting a quality blocker.

Based on what I've read, and the combine testing/video, Onyeka looks like another Courtney Stephen/Davis Sanchez ratio-changing DB.  I believe Steinauer will recognize this, and lobby for us to take him at #2.

If the Als take Onyeka at #1, I think we take Chapman, the best receiver in the draft, at #2 instead.

Or maybe we get both Onyeka and Chapman if we flip Johnny Football's rights to the Als for the #1 pick? (which I think is a strong possibility).

Grover

Or maybe we get both Onyeka and Chapman if we flip Johnny Football's rights to the Als for the #1 pick? (which I think is a strong possibility).
MTL's 2018 1st and their 2019 1st if he signs. ;)

CrazyCanuck1988

Two fullbacks at the combine, does anyone think that one of them will replace Prime.

bobo82

Two fullbacks at the combine, does anyone think that one of them will replace Prime.
That's a definite possibility for sure . Another option I'm thinking as  a replacement for Prime is that they might convert Timmis over to the fullback position using him as a hybrid Running back slash Fullback depending on what formation and set that the offence is in . Timmis while he is lighter and smaller in size (6' 2" 220 ) then Prime (6' 1" 255 ) is still big enough to be converted over especially if he adds on an additional 10 to 15 lbs on his frame .

Users Online

55 Guests, 8 Users (8 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ticats1963, rshmglsky, robleggett, pdson2, Mightygoose, Dr.Whiskey, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (4)

Most Online Today: 160. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)