Niagaraguy2018

This is the defence after cuts and my analysis on each section. Defence is tricky now because with Kanneh traded I dont know who will be in the backfield. The ones in CAPS are my choice for starters

Defensive Backs:

COURTNEY STEPHEN-CB
RICHARD LEONARD - CB
DON UNAMBA -DB
FRANKIE WILLIAMS -DB
MIKE DALY- S
Jay Langa- backup safety
Nicholas Parisotto-safety
Jumal Rolle- CB/DB
John Green- CB/DB

Analysis: I thought Frankie William's earned a spot back there and will compete with Jumal Rolle and John Green for that one DB spot who at first would have been Kannehs spot but not now. I think Daly is still my starter for safety and his backup Langa. Courtney Stephen plays better at the corner and same goes for Richard Leonard who had an amazing year last season.

Linebackers:

SIMONI LAWRENCE
LARRY DEAN
MARIEL COOOPER
Terrell Davis
Jackson Bennett
Randall Evans
Nick Shortill
Curtis Newton
Jerome Couplin III -PR
Lucas Wacha- PR

Analysis: obviously Lawrence and Dean are the main two. The SAM linebacker position I'm not convinced with Cooper but management likes him. I think in time I could see Evan's or even more so Jackson Bennett playing that spot. 

Defensive End

JUSTIN CAPICIOTTI
ADRIAN TRACY
Julian Howsare
Connor McGough

Analysis: I thought Adrian Tracy pressured Montreal the other day and hes for sure the starter for Hamilton but I do like Howsare and McGough and would like to see them in there and on special teams. They are beasts.

Defensive Tackle

TED LAURENT
JASON NEILL
Justin Vaughn
Bobby Richardson
Lynden Trail- PR
Brett Wade- PR

Analysis: I thought Jason Neill looked really good at tackle. I'm going to really miss Coleman but depending on how Neill and Vaughn do this season I might not miss Coleman too too much. I'm hoping Ted Laurent gets back to the Laurent we used to know. If so, we might be a force not to reckon with this season. 

GO CATS GO..BRING OUT THE DEFENCE WE USED TO WATCH OVER THE YEARS..AGRESSIVE AND HARD HITTING.

ExPat

Did Stephen take even a single snap at CB?

pdson2

Did Stephen take even a single snap at CB?
No and there is no chance Daly is a starter.

Niagaraguy2018

Courtney Stephen originally played cornerback not this year but in the past and played extremely well..lots of interceptions too...more then he ever did as a safety..just saying.

Mike Daly has proven himself time in and time out.. maybe I need to link you to the Mike Daly YouTube highlights.

CrazyCanuck1988

Courtney Stephen originally played cornerback not this year but in the past and played extremely well..lots of interceptions too...more then he ever did as a safety..just saying.

Mike Daly has proven himself time in and time out.. maybe I need to link you to the Mike Daly YouTube highlights.
I agree, he has played well at both cornerback and safety. 

PatLynch

If Daly came in on the dime package at safety, then Stephen could confuse and harass the quarterback . Our depth is going to be tested as injuries surely occur. I like our depth! Well done there, Niagaraguy.

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

Krisiun

The defence will be a work in progress this year since Glanville is new to the CFL and it might take  a few games to gel the new additions both in schemes and personnel. They will definitely receive a baptism by fire against the Stamps. 

safetyblitz

The defence will be a work in progress this year since Glanville is new to the CFL and it might take  a few games to gel the new additions both in schemes and personnel. They will definitely receive a baptism by fire against the Stamps.
On the bright side, the Stamps always seem to have our number anyway. *If* Glanville is going to get burned and learn some hard lessons, better that it happen early in the season against a tough opponent.

Users Online

103 Guests, 24 Users (16 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
letsgoticats, Hammertown Proud, jim43bob, aberfoyler, shadowski, Obrigardo, Queso, Lyle B. Style, FootbalYouBet, batkinson001, Oskie18, jkm, RichardVeilleux, Count Floyd, smokeystover, Habsfan, sportsfan100, VICIOUSCIRCLE, FormerlyTurkish, ticats4242ticats, Onemoredork, hawthy, Google (AdSense) (7), Google (8), Baidu

Most Online Today: 201. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)