150GAGE

Thanks Bobo for the post. 
Each grey cup won by the cats is precious, we rarely win and now it's been soooo long.
Loved 1986 when our ferious D knocked out Dunigans contact.
He was one cocky guy that came down to earth in a hurry.

......I hope we win again...soon.
I have forgotten the feeling of a championship.

bobo82

It's kinda funny that they totally glossed over the two Championships won in the fifties (53 , 57 ) and also the Grey Cup won between the 63 and 67 ones in 65 . I guess that they didn't have enough good footage of the two in the fifties and that the 65 win couldn't have been all that exciting considering that the game was won solely on the fact that the Bombers conceded 3 safeties that day giving us our margin of victory by exactly 6 pts in a 22-16 win .

Speaking about how rare it is for this team to win the Grey Cup nowadays.....Sadly at one time that wasn't the case ........consider this......

It's kinda crazy when you think about the fact that this team has won only 3 Cups in a 45 yr span and counting since 72 . Yet in a span of only 10 yrs between 63 and 72 that we won the darn thing 4 times including 3 in a space of 5 years
(63 , 65 , 67 ) . :o

Alas  what can we say BUT one of these days as the saying goes . It seems like the old saying "wait til next year" has been this teams battle cry for ever and a day for what seems like an eternity now since our last one way back in 1999.  :'(
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

2ez

Great video, I love that account I've been subscribed from day one but didn't even realize he started putting these out. Very happy CFL/CBC/TSN haven't come after him to bring it down which is what I expected when his channel first popped up. I've never understood why the CFL doesn't upload all the Grey Cup games to their Youtube account, it'd be a fantastic way to teach people on both sides of the border about the long history of our game. NFL account has started doing this in the past couple years and I love watching all the old film, you always learn new things when you watch a full broadcast because they talk about the most random storylines from that time period. Who actually owns the footage is it the network who broadcasted the game or the CFL? Or both? Not really sure how that all works. 

His top five videos would be fine under fair use laws, but I imagine putting the whole game out there would be infringement. Not trying to screw the guy over at all I love what he's been doing just thinking out loud. I wonder if it's a pseudo account ran by the CFL? Happens a lot more often than you think. But would make more sense to me if they got their in-house team to edit these videos together so that's why I think it's actually some random guy with random access to all this stuff. 

My other very random thought ... Why don't we put black stripes on our uprights anymore. I absolutely love the look of it in old highlights from 72 Grey Cup. Was there a rule passed somewhere in history or did we just decide to be normal at some point? How long did we do that for? It reminds me of soccer teams when they have custom mesh in the net that matches their team colours, always looks cool. 

150GAGE

Sad part is were in 5, FIVE grey cups in the 1980s; we only won -ONE- that was a collusul upset.

I don't remember when the west was overall weaker than the east division.

bobo82

Sad part is were in 5, FIVE grey cups in the 1980s; we only won -ONE- that was a collusul upset.

I don't remember when the west was overall weaker than the east division.
The sadder truth about those 5 Cup appearances in the 80's is the fact that in reality we really had no shot at winning the 80 , 84 and 85 Cups where we were outscored by a combined 81 pts in those games by vastly superior Western opposition . Outside of our upset win in 86 the only other game where we had a shot of winning (and should've won)and actually had the better season record was the classic of 89 . If you look at the season W/L records in those Cup years in the 80's in reality the only reason we actually made 4 of those 5 Cups was due to the fact of being in a very inferior Eastern division .

Grey Cup appearances in the 80's . Season records for each team and final score .

1980 - Eskimos (13-3) Ti-Cats (8-7-1) Final score..............Edmonton - 48 Hamilton - 10 
1984 - Bombers(11-4-1) Ti-Cats(6-9-1)Final score.............Winnipeg - 47 Hamilton - 17
1985 - Lions (13-3) Ti-Cats (8 - 8 ) Final score.................B.Columbia - 37 Hamilton - 24

1986 - Eskimos (13-4-1) Ti-Cats (9-8-1) Final score.........HAMILTON - 39 Edmonton - 15

1989 - Riders (9-9) Ti-Cats (12 - 6 ) Final score...............Saskatchewan - 43 Hamilton - 40

150GAGE

Thanks Bobo, I feel much better now. > >  >:(  
I guess West had always dominated. 
If we had one division; we may not seen an eastern team in the grey cup for years!

giasone

The East has won 5 out of the last 9 cups including the last 2. Just saying.
I do wish the east could have better regular seasons from a fan perception point of view, but in actuality the East in doing fine. If we ever go to a one division league the East might be in trouble though.

Users Online

67 Guests, 0 Users (13 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (12), Baidu

Most Online Today: 105. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)