bobo82

I found this little gem on You Tube . I thought that everybody might enjoy it . The only thing that I kinda disagree with is the #1 Greatest Grey Cup Game that was chosen (1999) . Personally I would've ranked the 1972 game ahead of it because of the significance of it and what it meant to the city .

Here is the video's ranking of the top 5.....1963 , 1967 , 1972 , 1986 , 1999 .

And.........

Here is the video . ENJOY  8) .....IS IT JUNE YET ??  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuLz8Dc41kU
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

stevehvh

Great find!

Looks like they just ranked them in reverse chronological order.

I would have ranked them differently, not sure what sequence. Top ones to me are: 67... best defence in the history of the CFL in my opinion. 72... hometown win, last play of the game, and I was there to see it happen. 86... biggest upset we've ever had in the big game, dominating performance from start to finish.

When the Ticats win, they're all great.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
- Hubert H. Humphrey

Grover

bobo, thanks for posting,
Watching that, 
I'm not sure if it makes me feel so much younger or older than I am. :o
What I do know, is it just made my day a whole heck of a lot better!!  8)

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

DisplacedCatsFan

I still say that the 1989 GC was the best football game I have ever seen.
Formerly sigpig

Velox Versutus Vigilans

R.I.P. Cpl Nathan Cirillo Albainn Gu Brath

toddstattoo

Oskee Wee Wee

Mark

Thinking about the Ticat receiving corps that year is inspiring me to do another thread.

bobo82

Yup . Certainly one of the best games ever for sure . Unfortunately the wrong team won  :( .......Thanks a lot Austin  ::)  

deltaqueen

Wow, what a lot of memories - and names I haven't heard for a long time. For me the most memorable was the 1963 game. I was living in Montreal at the time & was watching the game at a neighbour's apartment  who were from BC. Needless to say I was the only happy person there. :) What made it even more memorable was that I was pregnant & the baby was 2 weeks overdue. They were quite concerned that I might have the baby right there  & then. ;D
Longtime Ti-cat Fan.

PatLynch

I'd go with 67 and 86 as the greatest . The 72 game had one flaw. The top Canadian player in the game was Bob Krause, not the soccer playing Sunter . Of course being a TiCat fan, all the Grey Cup wins were fantastic ! Krause played from 1963 to 1975 and won the Grey Cup in 63, 65, 67, and 72. Those are Hall of Fame numbers and hopefully the voters will finally do the right thing !

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

EastVanMark

What made it even more memorable was that I was pregnant & the baby was 2 weeks overdue. They were quite concerned that I might have the baby right there  & then. ;D
Now THAT would have been quite the halftime show

NZFan

'72...'cuz I was there. :)

Palmer

'72...'cuz I was there. :)
Best argument so far.

blackandgld

Yup . Certainly one of the best games ever for sure . Unfortunately the wrong team won  :( .......Thanks a lot Austin  ::)  

Another CAUSE I WAS THERE, Best game I have ever witnessed minus the final score. Who could forget Tony Champion with broken ribs making a last second falling bending stretching TD catch...WOW

Tom - T

I'd go with 67 and 86 as the greatest . The 72 game had one flaw. The top Canadian player in the game was Bob Krause, not the soccer playing Sunter . Of course being a TiCat fan, all the Grey Cup wins were fantastic ! Krause played from 1963 to 1975 and won the Grey Cup in 63, 65, 67, and 72. Those are Hall of Fame numbers and hopefully the voters will finally do the right thing !

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

Slight correction:  #14's surname is actually spelled: KROUSE.

bobo82

Yup . Certainly one of the best games ever for sure . Unfortunately the wrong team won  :( .......Thanks a lot Austin  ::)  

Another CAUSE I WAS THERE, Best game I have ever witnessed minus the final score. Who could forget Tony Champion with broken ribs making a last second falling bending stretching TD catch...WOW
It's rather sad indeed to see Winfield walking off in defeat in the background of this pic . Unfortunately as it turns out this was his one and only time that he was in the Grey Cup in his illustrious 11 yr career . Sadly he missed out on the "86" Championship by one year joining the team as a rookie for  the "87" season and retiring in "97" two yrs before our last Cup win in 1999 . If there was anyone who deserved a ring in their career it was certainly the "Pearl" . As fate would have it he was so close and yet so far on both ends of his career . :(

Users Online

67 Guests, 0 Users (12 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (11), Baidu

Most Online Today: 105. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)