Grover

2 game suspension

The sample was collected during a random in-competition test last November.
Saskatchewan head coach Chris Jones provided a statement in the aftermath.
We are disappointed in Marcus and that he has tested positive for a banned substance. We have been in conversation with Marcus and the CFL for clarity and accept the league’s decision and corresponding two-game suspension. Our organization fully supports the CFL/CFLPA policy preventing the use of performance-enhancing drugs.

Thigpen rushed for 169 yards and one touchdown in the Riders East semi-final victory over Ottawa. There’s a 66 per cent chance that was the game Thigpen was pulled aside and tested.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

schmenger

You do the crime you do the time. Not surprised at all. 

bobo82

Wow . That brings the count up to 3 drug related incidents in Riderville already with Thigpen now joining Campbell and Carter on the list.......and Training Camp hasn't even opened yet !!!  :o At this rate the Riders may be hard pressed to field a full roster on opening day . Well at least Corky has stated that he's disappointed in Thiggy and I'm sure that he'll do the right thing in regards to this matter ::).
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

blackandgld

I am absolutely shocked more football players are not caught using steroids. Both NFL and CFL. More MLB baseball players have been caught than football players.  Is it that the testing is not great?
Still waiting for some major big time athletes to get busted for steroid usage. Not sure how Serena went from this

to this without some help but what do i know.

blackandgld

2 game suspension

The sample was collected during a random in-competition test last November.
Saskatchewan head coach Chris Jones provided a statement in the aftermath.
We are disappointed in Marcus and that he has tested positive for a banned substance. We have been in conversation with Marcus and the CFL for clarity and accept the league’s decision and corresponding two-game suspension. Our organization fully supports the CFL/CFLPA policy preventing the use of performance-enhancing drugs.

Thigpen rushed for 169 yards and one touchdown in the Riders East semi-final victory over Ottawa. There’s a 66 per cent chance that was the game Thigpen was pulled aside and tested.
33% chance. He played 3 November games.

Palmer

If Marcus was only tested once, after one game, and tested positive, then the probability of him being doped are 100% as far as I see it.  His chances of being detected, or maybe the chances of him being tested after any of one the three games are maybe 33%.  I'm not a mathematician, so don't know how to calculate the odds that he only ever chose to dope on the exact day that the league chose to test him, but I am enough of a cynic to speculate that those odds would be around 0% ???

Grover

Riders say test was in competition in November. Riders played last reg season game Nov 4, then playoff games at Ottawa (win) and Toronto (loss) on Nov 12 and 19.

ottawacat

So, this isn't the only week of the year when wearing green could be a fair indication that one might well be under the influence of something. ::) 

ExPat

I'm not a mathematician, so don't know how to calculate the odds that he only ever chose to dope on the exact day that the league chose to test him, but I am enough of a cynic to speculate that those odds would be around 0% ???
I don't know much about steroids, but I don't think it's something you take on the day of an event to improve your performance that day.  I think it's something you do over a longer period to allow you to recover from workouts more quickly.

Espo

I am absolutely shocked more football players are not caught using steroids. Both NFL and CFL. More MLB baseball players have been caught than football players.  Is it that the testing is not great?
Still waiting for some major big time athletes to get busted for steroid usage. Not sure how Serena went from this

to this without some help but what do i know.

Hitting puberty probably had something to do with it
Extraordinary claims require extraodinary proofs

Grover

Roider Pride!  :o

PatLynch

Roider Pride!  :o
Grover, you are a wordsmith . :)

Pat Lynch (the old guy)

CatsFaninOttawa

oo DAWG oo

2 games??? 

Thats all ?

Wow so they didn't fix things after all

bobo82

Roider Pride!  :o
Grover, you are a wordsmith . :)

Pat Lynch (the old guy)
;D
LOL !!! I'm not entirely sure if Grover should be getting full credit or not for being a wordsmith on this one . 
;D

http://3downnation.com/2018/03/12/columnist-makes-inevitable-roider-pride-joke/

Users Online

109 Guests, 19 Users (12 Spiders, 6 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
popo, Holy Mackinaw, pikk, schmenger, letsgoticats, MadJack, Mightygoose, Evil Doctor, Grover, ExPat, tony, SeaFiddle, RichardVeilleux, Google (AdSense) (7), Google (5)

Most Online Today: 146. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)