cflisthebest

that place seems to be pretty dead lately.  you'd think with the whole Owens on the Neg list that it would be hot with activity.. nope.  not even a single thread about it.

what's up with that forum?
A Proud member of the Rider Nation!

Balticfox

And this sub-forum is also near the bottom of the various club forums on this board when it comes to activity. I thought it was probably due to Eskimos' fans posting on their own forum but you're saying it's not so. I don't understand.

???
Radically Canadian!

cflisthebest

And this sub-forum is also near the bottom of the various club forums on this board when it comes to activity. I thought it was probably due to Eskimos' fans posting on their own forum but you're saying it's not so. I don't understand.

???
you make no sense.

Balticfox

This Eskimos' sub-forum here is dead. But it's not because fans of the Eskimos are posting on Esksfans.com. Eskimos' fans just aren't posting at all which is strange.

???

DPop13

Eskie fans have a far more healthy community active on Facebook and Twitter than on forums. The Edmonton Eskimos Empire is very active ... there are many others facebook pages for Eskie fans. Most of the pages boot trolls, so if you plan to be that person don't bother. 

sully

Facebook and to a lesser extent Twitter have eaten a lot of that community website marketshare. Everyone already is on Facebook and visits the site regularly so one thing just leads to another. I do think it's difficult to have good, in-depth discussions on Facebook which is why I think forums will always have their place.
I'm the Senior Director of Technology for the Canadian Football League. Got technology concerns/ideas for the league? E-mail me at ssyed@cfl.ca and we'll talk.

DPop13

Facebook and to a lesser extent Twitter have eaten a lot of that community website marketshare. Everyone already is on Facebook and visits the site regularly so one thing just leads to another. I do think it's difficult to have good, in-depth discussions on Facebook which is why I think forums will always have their place.
True, but with fewer and fewer Eskie fans using forums the point is moot as there is nobody to discuss in depth ... well anything about the Eskies, because they are all on Facebook.

Balticfox

Everyone already is on Facebook and visits the site regularly....
Not me. Facebook is where grandmothers go to keep in touch with their grandkids. I'll continue to leave Facebook to the dilettantes.

DPop13

I prefer Twitter and Snapchat which also has a strong Eskie following, but if you think Facebook is passe then old school 1980's style chat forums must really turn you off.

FootbalYouBet

I prefer Twitter and Snapchat which also has a strong Eskie following, but if you think Facebook is passe then old school 1980's style chat forums must really turn you off.
I miss the sound of the rotary phone :)
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

it is not how much you love but how well you love

why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem

Balticfox

I think Facebook is mass market, and thus not for me. Dedicated forums are better suited to hard-core enthusiasts such as myself.

:)

Users Online

94 Guests, 11 Users (18 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mr., sully, SeaFiddle, Rick16, Lyle B. Style, FootbalYouBet, rpaege, mycko75, VICIOUSCIRCLE, RM14, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (12), Baidu

Most Online Today: 156. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)