joe

Maybe Glenn can help Maas not lose his mind at times on the sidelines
Hope not. Would rather Maas cranks it up another notch. Highly entertaining tv.

He needs to throw more things to be top shelf but still pretty good imo

Iconic SR

It is awesome to watch. Wasn’t that long ago that many fans (including myself), publicly admired that intensity (he’s not drowning kittens we must remind ourselves, he’s just trying to win a football game), but that’s been ‘politically corrected’ right out of our culture. We now have to think something is wrong with the person who wears their intensity and focus on their sleeve.

My son’s best year of athletic development was with a bantam Tier 1 hockey coach who cut thru all the parent politics and the BS and got thru to the kids - and successfully placed their eyes on the prize. They won it all that year. They learned proper nutrition, discipline, conditioning, commitment, team work, and great goal setting strategies. Yes, he was vocal. Very vocal. Some of us dads loved camping out at the entrance to the dressing room between periods so we could hear his rants. He would kick the garbage can, etc. He had many great (and loud) observations and instruction - and the kids all listened. Blunt like a hammer at times, yet had a good heart I know, because he was the only coach or teacher in my son’s life who contacted me after hours occasionally to share his observations on how my son was handling the divorce, which his mom and I were in the middle of (as were the kids). He cared about all the kids on his team, and there was no guessing what he meant. That coach was eventually banned from coaching because he raised his voice too much. I found it so odd, because if I ever had to trust another parent to take a bullet for my kid - he was that guy. 

I only share this story - because Maas reminds me of him. Caring guy, wants to teach, and wants to win. 

brianjoxx

It is awesome to watch. Wasn’t that long ago that many fans (including myself), publicly admired that intensity (he’s not drowning kittens we must remind ourselves, he’s just trying to win a football game), but that’s been ‘politically corrected’ right out of our culture. We now have to think something is wrong with the person who wears their intensity and focus on their sleeve.

My son’s best year of athletic development was with a bantam Tier 1 hockey coach who cut thru all the parent politics and the BS and got thru to the kids - and successfully placed their eyes on the prize. They won it all that year. They learned proper nutrition, discipline, conditioning, commitment, team work, and great goal setting strategies. Yes, he was vocal. Very vocal. Some of us dads loved camping out at the entrance to the dressing room between periods so we could hear his rants. He would kick the garbage can, etc. He had many great (and loud) observations and instruction - and the kids all listened. Blunt like a hammer at times, yet had a good heart I know, because he was the only coach or teacher in my son’s life who contacted me after hours occasionally to share his observations on how my son was handling the divorce, which his mom and I were in the middle of (as were the kids). He cared about all the kids on his team, and there was no guessing what he meant. That coach was eventually banned from coaching because he raised his voice too much. I found it so odd, because if I ever had to trust another parent to take a bullet for my kid - he was that guy.

I only share this story - because Maas reminds me of him. Caring guy, wants to teach, and wants to win.
Jason Maas is a very good coach. Has done much better then most expected.
Will only get better over the next 5 years. Well done. Wimps need not apply. Most on team totally respect him. Then Sky is the limit. Cheers

FootbalYouBet

I like Glenn but I would rather he didn't play this year, because it would mean Reilly isn't.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

I don't think I am always right, it just keeps turning out that way

Paolo X

What a great tale. Well beyond this example, there are too many examples that show society has the wrong priorities when it comes to scrutinizing the character of people. As this guy screams because he cares, there are at least 10 who don't care who do whatever they want to do that is wrong in silence. Later when some of them are caught, society goes out of its way to be sympathetic to those folks too.
Best Regards, Paolo

West

There were reportedly 4 teams interested in his services before he went to the Esks. Are you forgetting how he humiliated you guys last year with that weak arm and no skills? If you want to win a cup at home there is no better back up for this year. You do realize most teams carry 4 Q.B.'s throughout the year don't you? Lot's of room to groom the next young one even with Glenn there.
BS!! Sask got rid of him for his talent? Think not. BAD signing. But could be cut yet!!
It was a cap move with the Riders. Hes above average I would say

brianjoxx

There were reportedly 4 teams interested in his services before he went to the Esks. Are you forgetting how he humiliated you guys last year with that weak arm and no skills? If you want to win a cup at home there is no better back up for this year. You do realize most teams carry 4 Q.B.'s throughout the year don't you? Lot's of room to groom the next young one even with Glenn there.
BS!! Sask got rid of him for his talent? Think not. BAD signing. But could be cut yet!!
You have Reilly. Game maker changer. Two excellent young QB'S, Glen will be fourth string hopefully at minimum salary. Most likely back to Sask again as very weak at QB. OUCH that hurts. But TRUE.
Cheers

West

You have Reilly. Game maker changer. Two excellent young QB'S, Glen will be fourth string hopefully at minimum salary. Most likely back to Sask again as very weak at QB. OUCH that hurts. But TRUE.
Cheers
Franklin went to TO. I didn't mind the move though kg has appears to bring an injury curse to the starter wherever he has played and ends up starting most of the season. Hope it doesn't happen here.  :-[

DPop13

At 23-years-old Jackson State Univ product Eli Jenkins is a better QB than the 38-year-old over the hill Kevin Glenn. Eskies GM Brock Sunderland is merely hedging his bets with Glenn, but unnecessarily so.

As a 6' 2" 210-pound dual threat with 4.65/40 speed Jenkins emulates Mike Reilly’s size, speed and athleticism when he came into the CFL. Like Reilly the JSU grade can throw on the run, has good timing and accuracy for the short to intermediate routes. Posses adequate touch and accuracy for the deep pass.

Jenkins is a cerebral QB who reads defenses well. Had control of the offense in JSU and was allowed to audible at the line of scrimmage. Reads through his progressions quickly and will take the check-down option rather than force the ball into coverage.

Overall Jenkins is an upgrade over Franklin the former QB2 of the Eskies and Glenn who many expect to be the QB2 this season. His limited pro experience with the Chargers will have Jenkins starting out as the Esks QB3, but he will bypass Glenn after the fist six games and beyond. What Jenkins needs is pro reps and the Eskies need to develop Jenkins fairly quickly, because Glenn is barley a very short term answer and is not a answer at all beyond 2018.

Users Online

130 Guests, 11 Users (20 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Grover, ExPat, rshmglsky, papazoola, everyman, pdson2, Obrigardo, J5V, Google (AdSense) (12), Google (8)

Most Online Today: 164. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)