joe

Maybe Glenn can help Maas not lose his mind at times on the sidelines
Hope not. Would rather Maas cranks it up another notch. Highly entertaining tv.

He needs to throw more things to be top shelf but still pretty good imo

Iconic SR

It is awesome to watch. Wasn’t that long ago that many fans (including myself), publicly admired that intensity (he’s not drowning kittens we must remind ourselves, he’s just trying to win a football game), but that’s been ‘politically corrected’ right out of our culture. We now have to think something is wrong with the person who wears their intensity and focus on their sleeve.

My son’s best year of athletic development was with a bantam Tier 1 hockey coach who cut thru all the parent politics and the BS and got thru to the kids - and successfully placed their eyes on the prize. They won it all that year. They learned proper nutrition, discipline, conditioning, commitment, team work, and great goal setting strategies. Yes, he was vocal. Very vocal. Some of us dads loved camping out at the entrance to the dressing room between periods so we could hear his rants. He would kick the garbage can, etc. He had many great (and loud) observations and instruction - and the kids all listened. Blunt like a hammer at times, yet had a good heart I know, because he was the only coach or teacher in my son’s life who contacted me after hours occasionally to share his observations on how my son was handling the divorce, which his mom and I were in the middle of (as were the kids). He cared about all the kids on his team, and there was no guessing what he meant. That coach was eventually banned from coaching because he raised his voice too much. I found it so odd, because if I ever had to trust another parent to take a bullet for my kid - he was that guy. 

I only share this story - because Maas reminds me of him. Caring guy, wants to teach, and wants to win. 

brianjoxx

It is awesome to watch. Wasn’t that long ago that many fans (including myself), publicly admired that intensity (he’s not drowning kittens we must remind ourselves, he’s just trying to win a football game), but that’s been ‘politically corrected’ right out of our culture. We now have to think something is wrong with the person who wears their intensity and focus on their sleeve.

My son’s best year of athletic development was with a bantam Tier 1 hockey coach who cut thru all the parent politics and the BS and got thru to the kids - and successfully placed their eyes on the prize. They won it all that year. They learned proper nutrition, discipline, conditioning, commitment, team work, and great goal setting strategies. Yes, he was vocal. Very vocal. Some of us dads loved camping out at the entrance to the dressing room between periods so we could hear his rants. He would kick the garbage can, etc. He had many great (and loud) observations and instruction - and the kids all listened. Blunt like a hammer at times, yet had a good heart I know, because he was the only coach or teacher in my son’s life who contacted me after hours occasionally to share his observations on how my son was handling the divorce, which his mom and I were in the middle of (as were the kids). He cared about all the kids on his team, and there was no guessing what he meant. That coach was eventually banned from coaching because he raised his voice too much. I found it so odd, because if I ever had to trust another parent to take a bullet for my kid - he was that guy.

I only share this story - because Maas reminds me of him. Caring guy, wants to teach, and wants to win.
Jason Maas is a very good coach. Has done much better then most expected.
Will only get better over the next 5 years. Well done. Wimps need not apply. Most on team totally respect him. Then Sky is the limit. Cheers

Users Online

96 Guests, 3 Users (7 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, RichardVeilleux, ticats28, Yahoo!, Google (6)

Most Online Today: 124. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)