everyman

Could be a Calvillo situation all over again if Collaros returns to his old form before the injury.

The Riders are loaded with offensive weapons and if Zach can’t make it work there, he won’t make it work anywhere.
There are differences. Calvillo was 25/26 years old when he arrived in Montreal and had not been seriously injured. Collaros will be 30 when he suits up and he's had three major surgeries to joints.

He may do better than the last two years in Hamilton but his "trajectory" won't be what it was.
3 surgeries to joints?
I have it as one surgery and a concussion. Am I missing something?

PrideLivesHere

He lead them to two cups?  Hmm

Caught red handed my bad lol ......... I quite literally have flushed that 2013 Grey Cup and the images of Burris watching the ball sail over his head from my memory :-[ Worst. Game. Ever.
Best. Game. Ever.

In Old Taylor Field.

Ha. Sorry, could not resist.
1966, 1989, 2007 & 2013 Grey Cup Champions

Riderville - Where Football Matters.

TravelPat1

2ez

He lead them to two cups?  Hmm

Caught red handed my bad lol ......... I quite literally have flushed that 2013 Grey Cup and the images of Burris watching the ball sail over his head from my memory :-[ Worst. Game. Ever.
Best. Game. Ever.

In Old Taylor Field.

Ha. Sorry, could not resist.
I was waiting for one of you Greenies to bite lmao ;) Honestly I remember thinking the worst part about that whole night was I couldn't enjoy what an amazing the atmosphere it was at the stadium - and I was watching on TV in Steeltown. It was pure madness and pure love for Canadian football and I hated every second of it. If I ever see highlights that sea of Green still makes me mad ...am I allowed to counter with the age-old bought and paid for Grey Cup? lol

Still, the 2014 one hurts WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY more...at least we can all just forget about 2013, but that's mostly because of how 2014 ended...

MAKE THE MEMORIES STOP! ...Why Tank why :'(

Grover

CFL News‏ 
@CFL_News
 3m3 minutes ago
Collaros on re-negotiating his contract with the Saskatchewan Roughriders:

"That's something my agent and coach Jones are working out," Collaros said. "It seems like everything is going well. I haven't really asked many questions about it."

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Grover

Brandon Bridge got bent over on this!  :(

http://3downnation.com/2018/01/19/riders-brandon-bridge-on-zach-collaros-contract-learned-a-lot-about-free-agency/

With no incentives in Collaros contract, Bridge becomes the automatic backup

Zach Collaros and Saskatchewan have struck a new deal.
The Riders newest quarterback was scheduled to make $540,000 in 2018, $200,000 of which was due as an off-season bonus February 1. The Riders and 29-year-old pivot agreed to a restructured deal worth $430,000 in hard money including $225,000 up front. There are no playtime incentives in the contract.
A provision in the Canada-U.S. income tax treaty allows international players who maintain a permanent residence south of the border to be taxed just 15 per cent on any signing bonus – much less than their usual Canadian tax rate. That means after some astute accounting work, Collaros comes out with more money in his pocket.
http://3downnation.com/2018/01/19/details-on-riders-and-zach-collaros-restructured-contract/

Brandon Bridge
✔@Air_Canada_7

I’m going to control what I can control and that’s go out and do my thing in between the white lines. But reading this, I learned a lot about free agency...
10:27 AM - Jan 19, 2018

Iconic SR

http://3downnation.com/2018/01/19/details-on-riders-and-zach-collaros-restructured-contract/

The amount surprises me, but still very glad he’s locked up in the green & white.
Jones must have very very very high expectations of Collaros right outta the gate.

Not like we have spent much $ on QBs - and still nearly made it to the dance in ‘17. 

ExPat

Brandon Bridge
✔@Air_Canada_7

I’m going to control what I can control and that’s go out and do my thing in between the white lines. But reading this, I learned a lot about free agency...
I wonder what it is that he learned?  Some possibilities:

- Don't sign the first offer you get without testing the waters
- Don't believe Chris Jones
- He who signs for backup QB pay likely to be backup QB
- Proven starters get paid more than promising backups
- In football, as in life, nothing gets handed to you - you have to earn it

The Last Word

With the huge guaranteed amount the Riders will be giving Collaros and what was surely a decent base salary for the likes of Bridge Saskatchewan will no longer have an advantage with regards to salary allocation for QBs with respect to the rest of the league.  In fact, they may very well be paying their 3 or 4 quarterbacks the most in the league.  Less money to improve other areas in desperate need.

Aerial

Although an excellent qb, some might say, can make up for some lacking areas on the offense.  Some might say.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

bowl450

I have not heard what Brandon Bridge signed for, can someone provide a link to his salary ?
Zack Collaros salary was reported within Hrs of his signing.

Iconic SR

Brandon Bridge
✔@Air_Canada_7

I wonder what it is that he learned?  Some possibilities:

I just hope that WE don’t learn that Bridge’s head no longer fits thru the door.
BB has a tremendous opportunity with the Riders in front of him, and if he feels shafted in any way by the free agency process - all he has to do is look at the Riders coming up short in the EF with the combo of him and Glenn last season. It’s not like they weren’t given the chance last season. We needed more - and Jones went out and got it in Collaros. 

PTBO Dave

Brandon Bridge
✔@Air_Canada_7

I wonder what it is that he learned?  Some possibilities:

I just hope that WE don’t learn that Bridge’s head no longer fits thru the door.
BB has a tremendous opportunity with the Riders in front of him, and if he feels shafted in any way by the free agency process - all he has to do is look at the Riders coming up short in the EF with the combo of him and Glenn last season. It’s not like they weren’t given the chance last season. We needed more - and Jones went out and got it in Collaros.
Yeah, a little more patience from Bridge is required at this point. He's not ready to be a fulltime starter but could be with another year of shared duty. And Collaros does have a track record of injury, so Bridge might become the defacto starter sooner rather than later.

Migs

With the huge guaranteed amount the Riders will be giving Collaros and what was surely a decent base salary for the likes of Bridge Saskatchewan will no longer have an advantage with regards to salary allocation for QBs with respect to the rest of the league.  In fact, they may very well be paying their 3 or 4 quarterbacks the most in the league.  Less money to improve other areas in desperate need.
What areas are the Riders in "desperate" need of?

Receiver? nope
RB? nope
QB? nope
kicking? nope
DL? nope
linebackers? nope
Secondary? nope
Oline?  Decent year last year with 4 promising Canadian youngins (Bladek, JSJ, Zver, & Meredith)

The only guy I can see the Riders going all in on in Free Agency is Zach Evans.

Vermonter

Collaros to Carter? 

Now that's got a good ring to it. 

Users Online

92 Guests, 14 Users (11 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
sth1988, RedandWhite, rshmglsky, Mightygoose, saskfan23, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Reggiemac, TheCrazyCatLady, Argofan13, Grover, KennyPowers, SeaFiddle, TravelPat1, Google (11)

Most Online Today: 137. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)