Migs

For those that think Zach will have more time in SSK because of a running game and better Oline.

SSK surrendered 44 sacks last year and HAM surrendered 38.
HAM was 8th in the league in rushing yards with 1608, SSK was 9th with 1478 yards rushing.
That sacks allowed stat is misleading considering the Riders QB was Kevin Glenn who is about as immobile a QB as there’s been in the modern day CFL. 

This is an educated view on Collaros. 

https://medium.com/@DTonSC/zach-collaros-rides-again-35af33f6115c

Grover

For those that think Zach will have more time in SSK because of a running game and better Oline.

SSK surrendered 44 sacks last year and HAM surrendered 38.
HAM was 8th in the league in rushing yards with 1608, SSK was 9th with 1478 yards rushing.
That sacks allowed stat is misleading considering the Riders QB was Kevin Glenn who is about as immobile a QB as there’s been in the modern day CFL.

This is an educated view on Collaros.

https://medium.com/@DTonSC/zach-collaros-rides-again-35af33f6115c
Here is another educated view on Collaros by TiCats Play x Play man Marsh Ferguson, he watched every game and practice and was a QB

I watched Collaros with a fine tooth comb as Hamilton started the season 0-8 in 2017 trying to figure out where the explosive and decisive playmaker I knew to wear No. 4 in Hamilton had gone to. What I came away with was twofold. First, a Ticats offensive line unable to help in any way before making trades of their own for Tony Washington and activating tackle Ryker Matthews. Second and more importantly, I saw a quarterback whose lower body no longer powered his upper body power and accuracy or the natural no-doubt decision making Collaros has always possessed.
Will Collaros return to his previous form? I believe it all depends on that lower body confidence and trust in the pieces surrounding him.
https://www.cfl.ca/2018/01/04/risk-vs-reward-evaluating-collaros-deal/

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

The Last Word

The Rider O-line is at best average.  Labatte is declining and their free agent signing Denis was a disappointment.  Collaros will have his work cut out for himself there.

bobo82

The Rider O-line is at best average.  Labatte is declining and their free agent signing Denis was a disappointment.  Collaros will have his work cut out for himself there.
Dyakowski isn't getting any younger as well . He'll be 34 by the time that training camp rolls around next season . Canada's Smartest Person is one of my all time favourites but he's on his last legs and there is no guarantees that his knees will hold out for another season .
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

The Last Word

The Rider O-line is at best average.  Labatte is declining and their free agent signing Denis was a disappointment.  Collaros will have his work cut out for himself there.
Dyakowski isn't getting any younger as well . He'll be 34 by the time that training camp rolls around next season . Canada's Smartest Person is one of my all time favourites but he's on his last legs and there is no guarantees that his knees will hold out for another season .
True.  Rider depth on the O-line is not that great either.  Outside of BC, they have the weakest O-line in the west.

bobo82

True.  Rider depth on the O-line is not that great either.  Outside of BC, they have the weakest O-line in the west.
Not to mention that their #1 first over-all pick from the 2016 draft Josiah St.John has so far been a major bust dressing in only 1 gm last year and spending the rest of the year on the 2 man reserve list .
Trust me being a Cat fan the Riders have some work to do in upgrading that line if they don't want to see Collaros looking up at the prairie sky all season long .

depopulationINC

True.  Rider depth on the O-line is not that great either.  Outside of BC, they have the weakest O-line in the west.
Not to mention that their #1 first over-all pick from the 2016 draft Josiah St.John has so far been a major bust dressing in only 1 gm last year and spending the rest of the year on the 2 man reserve list .
Trust me being a Cat fan the Riders have some work to do in upgrading that line if they don't want to see Collaros looking up at the prairie sky all season long .
Dennis was a massive disappointment
Personally, I am expecting big things from Bladek.  He is the real deal.
LaBatte's play was overall fine....and I won't be shocked if he is moved to C and Clark is sent out.  Campbell was solid as hell, and he is a key to getting re-signed IMO. 
Dyakowski can still be dominant, but he does not have it in him to be an every dowdown every play guy....I know I and others talked about this a lot last season...he should be a 6th man, but is too expensive for that likely....he fell off on the back half of the season. 
Coleman was actually very good for about 2/3 of the season and then fell off some...I know I said I felt he needed a vet week off.  He played well in 2016 in a tough situation of rotating players beside him, moving around every couple of games and playing with guys that were not ready...2017 he looked pretty good playing in one spot, and I think he will be even better in 2018.
That, IMO, solidifies 4 starters (assuming Campbell comes back, and if not him it will be Dennis and a hope for a bounce back season)....there are a few to compete for the 5th in Zver, JSJ, Dyakowsk...I think they will try JSJ and develop Zver. 
IMO there is a huge issue that is overlooked...Jones picked an OL coach that IMO he shouldn't have.  Zero CFL exposure, and it is perhaps the biggest difference between the 2 games on the OL with that gap.  Perhaps he develops into a fantastic coach, but I believe there were some growing pains there, and I believe that was part of the problem for Dennis.
They definitely need to play a lot better with Zach back there...but I don't think it is as bare bones as some people might think...there is some promising youth in there.  OL takes a bit of time to build, and I think it has come a long way in a couple of seasons.

tabbyfan

I am glad ZC will get a chance at a new team, I think he would have been under too much pressure in Hamilton.  If he does well, then good for him, if not then I guess the Hamilton staff knew what they were doing.

Grover

Rod Pedersen
@rodpedersen

Zach Collaros is scheduled to be in Regina on Tuesday to meet the media and address the Rider Nation #CFL

Will he be putting on #4??

Abendschan

Rod Pedersen
@rodpedersen

Zach Collaros is scheduled to be in Regina on Tuesday to meet the media and address the Rider Nation #CFL

Wear #5 could be fresh clean slate for Collaros.
Empire Stadium 1970 Nov. 1 - Jack Abendschan Autograph
Saskatchewan  33
B.C.  Lions  13

Grover

Rod Pedersen
@rodpedersen

Wear #5 could be fresh clean slate for Collaros.
He wore #12 in Cinci

brianjoxx

Apparently $520,000 per year is this correct?? Must be some deal under Table
Johnny wants $500,000 also in Tiger land. Ouch!!
Real Clarification needed?

The Last Word

With the trade of Collaros to Saskatchewan, I'm sure Pederson already has the Riders pencilled in as Grey Cup champions this year lol.

RichardVeilleux

I won't be surprised if Chris Jones announces that  Zach Collaros has agreed to a new 2 to 3 year agreement. I expect no less than $400,000 and as much as $425,000 per season,+ incentives; his new contract would probably include a $150,000 to $175,000 signing bonus for 2018, meaning that his 2018 base salary would/could range between $225,000 and $275,000.

Richard

HfxTC

Could be a Calvillo situation all over again if Collaros returns to his old form before the injury.

The Riders are loaded with offensive weapons and if Zach can’t make it work there, he won’t make it work anywhere.
There are differences. Calvillo was 25/26 years old when he arrived in Montreal and had not been seriously injured. Collaros will be 30 when he suits up and he's had three major surgeries to joints.

He may do better than the last two years in Hamilton but his "trajectory" won't be what it was.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

Users Online

83 Guests, 10 Users (6 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Allek, ExPat, Slomojo2005, FootbalYouBet, everyman, AlsPal, Yahoo!, Google (5)

Most Online Today: 170. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)