HfxTC

Bridge is going to be furious.
Could we see another trade?
Franklin for Collaros would not surprise me.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

brianjoxx

Let's not forget the most important implication of this trade.  After the earlier Franklin trade, the door is finally open for Kevin Glenn to join the Eskimos and complete his CFL bingo card.

(Will Brandon Bridge want a do-over on his recent extension?)
Yep - without Franklin the Esks will need a good clipboard holder - Glenn is one of the best. At 39 he could probably handle around 5 to 10% of their offensive reps - someone else (even Reilly) will have to be conscripted for short yardage situations - as Old Glenn has little to no power off the line!

As for the Ti-Cats they now have 4 of the Top 15 picks in this year's draft. So long as they don't "Bomb Away Dream Baby" their picks they should be able to find at least one starter (OL or DL) plus a cadre of great developmental picks.

Collaros has some great targets to find in Sask'n, that's his up-side. We'll see if he's been cured of that terrible PTSD he acquired the last couple years. Sask's o-line is big and strong - they'll keep more meatballs off him to be sure!
Eskies don't want Glenn. There #2 guy is usually big and strong for 3 rd down and they will have a shot at 2 very good college stars that need time for development.

However before we judge the trade does anyone know if Hamilton picked up any of Collaros salary?
If not Sask could straight cut Collaros if play is sub par.

brianjoxx

Why!!!!!!! He is only average SO FAR. # of starting wins? # of grey Cup Wins??
Total passes too interception ratio, # of passing yards per year in each of 3 years??

Stop the parade already!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PTBO Dave

Eskies don't want Glenn. There #2 guy is usually big and strong for 3 rd down and they will have a shot at 2 very good college stars that need time for development.

Pfft, that's beside the point. It's destiny.

And if they don't play along, I hope Ambrosie steps in and makes the Esks sign Glenn.  ;D

depopulationINC

This is the flip side to only signing a 1 year deal.  He straight out stated that NFL coaches said they wanted to see how he did strong a few more and also indicated that he wanted to see the new CAB and potential ratio changes...ie see how much more value he might have in a year.  It all makes sense in his head...but the team looks at it as needing another guy.

EastVanMark

And if they don't play along, I hope Ambrosie steps in and makes the Esks sign Glenn.  ;D
LoL.
Ambrosie,“You MUST sign Kevin Glenn Edmonton, or we're revoking your franchise “

Lyle B. Style

Kevin Glenn has esteemed itinerant hobo status within the confines of the CFL.

If Sask'n or Edmonton don't want him - he should return to Winnipeg to finish out his career and set up a post-QB career as a coach!

As for Collaros - Sask'n picks up his contract which has a $225,000 bonus scheduled for Feb. 1st/2018 . . . . I suspect they'll either want to review that paper and have Zach sign a more 2-QB friendly piece - approx. $350k + performance bonuses w/ a substantial signing bonus to boot (approx. $150 to $200k)

Regina has to take on some risk in this deal - the risk is getting Zack to re-up for a more team-friendly deal - - - else they risk him going into free agency!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

papazoola

Could we see another trade?
Franklin for Collaros would not surprise me.
.....Makes sense IF the money works.....I'm sure Zack would luv to stay in the east and be part of a Cup winner...The only fly in the ointment is that Collaros is perceived to be suffering from a little ptsd and although Franklin has still got a lot to prove, he looks to be on the 'upswing' rather than on a downward trend....Would be an interesting chess move by Popp and the Argos' and Corky though...The qb. dominoes have started to fall with this move today.
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

Migs

Excellent deal for the Riders. Collaros & Franklin were 1A & 1B for me in hopes of acquiring this offseason.  We’ve seen how good Collaros is in the McAdoo system & with a much better surrounding cast, Collaros could be dominant again in Sask. 

Great day in Riderville!

GHT120

Zac reportedly has a $200K bonus due February 1st.

I expect that RRs will ask him to rework his deal, so Collaros effectively gets to decide where he wants to be.
Let's  not confuse FACTS with OPINIONS

PTBO Dave

If ZC can get back to form, man alive those prairie teams are going to be putting up big offensive numbers.

BLM, Reilly, Collaros, Nichols . . . wild west.

FootbalYouBet

If ZC can get back to form, man alive those prairie teams are going to be putting up big offensive numbers.

BLM, Reilly, Collaros, Nichols . . . wild west.
every time I see BLM, I think of the book Black Like Me.  Very good non fiction book.  Was made into a movie.
Live well and please God

If every man had a wife like mine
There would be no war,  there would be no crime

ArgoT

This is definitely a surprise move.
Always thought how Zach would come back to the Argos, to try to resurrect his career.
Also, on the other side as it appeared how bridge would be the new starter for the Riders. 

Preisst

His contract needs to be re-structured.   He is due a big bonus in Feb and makes a lot of money.......

All in all this could be a great move for both the player and the team,   we'll see how things play out.....

About 2 years ago he was being heralded as the best player in the league......
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!

brianjoxx

And if they don't play along, I hope Ambrosie steps in and makes the Esks sign Glenn.  ;D
Please moderator take a snooze! Make Eskies take a 4 year ago has been!!!

Users Online

79 Guests, 9 Users (7 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
FootbalYouBet, Slomojo2005, everyman, AlsPal, bohdon, Chris_87, Google (7)

Most Online Today: 170. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)