tony

Collaros now has a new home.

https://www.tsn.ca/ticats-send-qb-collaros-to-roughriders-1.957824

[ Note from moderator: I altered this post title for SEO purposes. ]

Evil Doctor

I'm just happy he's in the West.  My preference would be that he stay with the Cats, but it's better than him going to an Eastern team (especially the Argos) and having him Calvillo us...

ExPat

Let's not forget the most important implication of this trade.  After the earlier Franklin trade, the door is finally open for Kevin Glenn to join the Eskimos and complete his CFL bingo card.

(Will Brandon Bridge want a do-over on his recent extension?)

2ez

This was the best news possible for Cats fans ... Not that I'm happy to see Zach go, he led the team to the only two Grey Cup appearances in the last 19 years and provided a ton of great memories, but at this point in time he's better off with a fresh start in Riderville - which is much much much better than Toronto or Montreal.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Zach will be around for a long time in this league and I'll be cheering for him to succeed against everybody but the Cats.

This is a deep draft year as well, two top ten picks could be a coup if used properly.

NOW we wait for the next hat to drop with Johnny Football...My hope is that if he does sign here, they name Masoli starter and make Johnny earn his time on the field. There is no need for a quarterback circus at training camp.

Edit: It'll already be a circus if he does sign, so what I'm saying is they can help suppress the firestorm if they sign Masoli and name him the starter. 

Cool

Wasn't expecting this...
Pull Together everyone

Lyle B. Style

Let's not forget the most important implication of this trade.  After the earlier Franklin trade, the door is finally open for Kevin Glenn to join the Eskimos and complete his CFL bingo card.

(Will Brandon Bridge want a do-over on his recent extension?)
Yep - without Franklin the Esks will need a good clipboard holder - Glenn is one of the best. At 39 he could probably handle around 5 to 10% of their offensive reps - someone else (even Reilly) will have to be conscripted for short yardage situations - as Old Glenn has little to no power off the line!

As for the Ti-Cats they now have 4 of the Top 15 picks in this year's draft. So long as they don't "Bomb Away Dream Baby" their picks they should be able to find at least one starter (OL or DL) plus a cadre of great developmental picks.

Collaros has some great targets to find in Sask'n, that's his up-side. We'll see if he's been cured of that terrible PTSD he acquired the last couple years. Sask's o-line is big and strong - they'll keep more meatballs off him to be sure!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 28 YEARS, COUNTING!

Vermonter

1898, 1900, 02, 25, 26, 40, 51, 60, 68, 69, 73, 76, 2016

Aerial

All the best to Zach in Riderville and hope he recovers fully from his injuries.
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

EastVanMark

Could be a Calvillo situation all over again if Collaros returns to his old form before the injury.

The Riders are loaded with offensive weapons and if Zach can’t make it work there, he won’t make it work anywhere.

depopulationINC

Could be a Calvillo situation all over again if Collaros returns to his old form before the injury.

The Riders are loaded with offensive weapons and if Zach can’t make it work there, he won’t make it work anywhere.
Big if...he has been nowhere close to form since coming back.  He is an immobile QB that needs a superb OL...if the Rider OL does not play better this is a horrid move

depopulationINC

This was the best news possible for Cats fans ... Not that I'm happy to see Zach go, he led the team to the only two Grey Cup appearances in the last 19 years and provided a ton of great memories, but at this point in time he's better off with a fresh start in Riderville - which is much much much better than Toronto or Montreal.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Zach will be around for a long time in this league and I'll be cheering for him to succeed against everybody but the Cats.

This is a deep draft year as well, two top ten picks could be a coup if used properly.

NOW we wait for the next hat to drop with Johnny Football...My hope is that if he does sign here, they name Masoli starter and make Johnny earn his time on the field. There is no need for a quarterback circus at training camp.

Edit: It'll already be a circus if he does sign, so what I'm saying is they can help suppress the firestorm if they sign Masoli and name him the starter.
He lead them to two cups?  Hmm

Evil Doctor

He lead them to two cups?  Hmm
You might want to re-read that...

Though in fact it was just one appearance (the other was with Burris.)

pikk

Bridge is going to be furious.

HfxTC

Very nice pickup by Hamilton considering Zach's last two season and heavy contract. Very surprised.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

sth1988

Bridge is going to be furious.
Could we see another trade?

Users Online

81 Guests, 7 Users (15 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Onemoredork, Hamilton2005, fireeater, bobo82, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (10)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)