sambo42

That's 1 stadium for 1 football team.  That makes you a 1 team town not a sports town. Good thing the NHL blocked the move of the St Louis Blues back in 1983- their instincts were right!. It looks like there is no appetite for another Grey Cup either.
The NHL blocked a move from St. Louis to Saskatoon, not Regina... the Credit Union Center in Saskatoon is a newer and better facility than the Brandt Center, by quite a bit. We went to a Rush game, was a good time. Regina now needs to upgrade their arena... now that the taxpayers of SK have paid for the new Mosaic...
Tax payers indeed!
Sorry it was Saskatoon not Regina..... either way it was blocked because even back then the NHL knew it wasn't  viable market.
Question: What benefit does the new arena provide the taxpayer??
 A new arena in Regina means that the taxpayers there get stuck with the bill... unless alternative funding can be found... maybe Regina's mayor can be like former mayor Fiasco(Fiacco) and say he has unnamed backing... 

Iconic SR

The only people talking about a new arena in Regina are the Pats ownership group. I don't hear many Pats season ticket holders asking for one. If Regina had a bigger arena, it would serve large indoor concerts more than WHL. Saskatoon Blades don't get 15,000 hockey fans for their games. Maybe 6,000. The Rush do sellout frequently, and Saskatoon concerts always fill that place. 

sambo42

Its called the Sask-Tel Center in Saskatoon... the name has changed so many times its hard to keep up...lol. Any new facility will be miles ahead of any old stadium/arena... you can still say a place is a dump (like TF or Brandt Center). I will say that the new arena in Moose Jaw was costly to the taxpayers, but my town needed a new arena... the old CC had character and atmosphere like no other building in the WHL, but it was 50 yrs old. It was unique for a number of reasons, and served us well... I do miss that old place, it was fun to go to Warrior and Canuck games there. Just like the old Mosaic, the new one won't replace the memories/atmosphere, but new ones can be made. I haven't been to the new stadium just yet, but can't wait to experience it!

Iconic SR

Its called the Sask-Tel Center in Saskatoon... the name has changed so many times its hard to keep up...lol. Any new facility will be miles ahead of any old stadium/arena... you can still say a place is a dump (like TF or Brandt Center). I will say that the new arena in Moose Jaw was costly to the taxpayers, but my town needed a new arena... the old CC had character and atmosphere like no other building in the WHL, but it was 50 yrs old. It was unique for a number of reasons, and served us well... I do miss that old place, it was fun to go to Warrior and Canuck games there. Just like the old Mosaic, the new one won't replace the memories/atmosphere, but new ones can be made. I haven't been to the new stadium just yet, but can't wait to experience it!
Rush Lacrosse games in SaskTel Centre in Saskatoon rival the energy and excitement of a Rider home game. The rock music soundtrack background  and party atmosphere works very well.

You will be blown away at new Mosaic. Been there for every game last season and every concert plus Family Day, and my wife's Xmas Party in December - and it takes my breath away every time. It's THAT good.

PTBO Dave

Hmm, does that mean Saskatoon will be next in line for a CFL franchise after Halifax?

Iconic SR

Hmm, does that mean Saskatoon will be next in line for a CFL franchise after Halifax?
Can't see it happening. The fanbase and #'s could likely support it, but the fragmentation of existing RiderNation as it sits now - would be very difficult to overcome for a new team.

Fans here are emotionally attached to this team. Like family. Saskatonians (and other communities) would still incur the effort, time, and expense to travel to see the Riders in Regina. 

KevinRiley2

Washrooms at Tim Hortons field are clean and plentiful.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

Iconic SR

Washrooms at Tim Hortons field are clean and plentiful.
That's the most important thing for fans: access and hygiene

EastVanMark

Although no longer technically a CFL stadium, the Skydome had lots of close-by, clean bathroom facilities.

PTBO Dave

Can't see it happening. The fanbase and #'s could likely support it, but the fragmentation of existing RiderNation as it sits now - would be very difficult to overcome for a new team.

Fans here are emotionally attached to this team. Like family. Saskatonians (and other communities) would still incur the effort, time, and expense to travel to see the Riders in Regina.
Perhaps, but there was a time when the whole country felt likewise about either the Leafs or Habs, and communities have tended to rally around their own teams over time as NHL expansion occurred, although people do still travel from afar to see these two teams when they're on the road.

Having said that, I also don't see it happening in the foreseeable future.

Iconic SR

Although no longer technically a CFL stadium, the Skydome had lots of close-by, clean bathroom facilities.

I liked Skydome for football

White stallion gallops

I was in the skydome. The one I used was very small, I waited 20 minutes.

Iconic SR

Unless it was a Grey Cup game or sold out Jays game or a packed concert or similar packed event - there are no 20 minute bathroom lineups in Skydome. That building and it’s bathrooms was designed to accommodate 55,000 people

EastVanMark

Unless it was a Grey Cup game or sold out Jays game or a packed concert or similar packed event - there are no 20 minute bathroom lineups in Skydome. That building and it’s bathrooms was designed to accommodate 55,000 people
Agreed. Even during the 100th Grey Cup it was a pleasure going to the bathroom there knowing I wouldn't miss too much of the action as opposed to other stadiums whereby it was a 50/50 shot whether you were gonna make it to your stall in time, nevermind missing any of the action on the field.

Hank01

Ottawa uses a mix of washrooms and  porta potties for the north upper deck section . Surprised the city didn't speak to OSEG to address the issue properly when it was suppose to be properly refurbished .

They also used porta potties while charging $200 a ticket in the end zones for Grey Cup . 

That needs to change for the next Grey Cup as that's too much for a steel bench , porta potties and the inability for you to go under the north side to dry out or use the washroom as they were stopped from entering the north side due to crowd limits . 

This turned some fans off who attended .

Users Online

67 Guests, 7 Users (15 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Slomojo2005, Rick16, Mightygoose, IceTheKicker, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (12)

Most Online Today: 125. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)