Iconic SR

How about this.
In 2018, every ticket sold to a CFL game in all the 8 other cities, will have a $1.00 surcharge to go towards a new stadium is Calgary !!!! LOL
Stamps may have to propose this, because I can't see any other way they get a new stadium. Outsiders will have to pay for it.
How about I just sit outside Mosaic with a tin cup?
Sure, it will save us from having to use the washroom once we get inside the New Mosaic...
Lol

White stallion gallops

How about this.
In 2018, every ticket sold to a CFL game in all the 8 other cities, will have a $1.00 surcharge to go towards a new stadium is Calgary !!!! LOL
Stamps may have to propose this, because I can't see any other way they get a new stadium. Outsiders will have to pay for it.
How about I just sit outside Mosaic with a tin cup?
Sure, it will save us from having to use the washroom once we get inside the New Mosaic...
Lol
I just lost an opportunity to collect there.  Just fund out an outdoor Pats game was cancelled at the new Mosaic because no tickets were selling. Riderfans are scared of the cold weather. Good thing they never have November football

Iconic SR

It was two hockey games that couldn't fill the place. Regina Pats are a hockey team while the Riders play football.

White stallion gallops

It was two hockey games that couldn't fill the place. Regina Pats are a hockey team while the Riders play football.
Yeah but the cold weather applies to both.  I though Regina was a great sports town!

Iconic SR

Yeah but the cold weather applies to both.  I though Regina was a great sports town!
Check out our new stadium.
Built by RiderNation

But your free parking at dilapidated McMahon is cool too. It's all about what's most important to the fans.

FootbalYouBet

there is no best. public washrooms suck.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

it is not how much you love but how well you love

why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem

sambo42

Yeah but the cold weather applies to both.  I though Regina was a great sports town!
 The promotion for the outdoor game was terrible... I guess the Pats didn't want half the stadium filled with Moose Jaw Warrior fans... sales were good for the first couple of weeks, but then tailed off... would have been fun to go to... but it would have been a big stretch to get 15 to 20K for that game, and almost impossible to get 30K...  not for junior hockey. The NHL is still looking at Regina to do an outdoor game though... I think the Heritage classics & Stadium series games has lost their novelty, too many games, especially if one team wear hideous unis like the Leafs did last night.

EZ Football

Usually its about 30 seconds.

This thread is about CFL washrooms not your greatest bedroom achievements. Stay on topic here.
LOL!

EZ Football

...even without ever having taken a pee in seven of the nine stadiums ...
Bladder issues RedandWhite??
LOL!

EZ Football

This thread is about restrooms and not about other stadium improvements.

White stallion gallops

Yeah but the cold weather applies to both.  I though Regina was a great sports town!
Built by RiderNation

But your free parking at dilapidated McMahon is cool too. It's all about what's most important to the fans.
That's 1 stadium for 1 football team.  That makes you a 1 team town not a sports town. Good thing the NHL blocked the move of the St Louis Blues back in 1983- their instincts were right!. It looks like there is no appetite for another Grey Cup either.

sambo42

That's 1 stadium for 1 football team.  That makes you a 1 team town not a sports town. Good thing the NHL blocked the move of the St Louis Blues back in 1983- their instincts were right!. It looks like there is no appetite for another Grey Cup either.
 The NHL blocked a move from St. Louis to Saskatoon, not Regina... the Sask-Tel Center in Saskatoon is a newer and better facility than the Brandt Center, by quite a bit. We went to a Rush game, was a good time. Regina now needs to upgrade their arena... now that the taxpayers of SK have paid for the new Mosaic...

White stallion gallops

That's 1 stadium for 1 football team.  That makes you a 1 team town not a sports town. Good thing the NHL blocked the move of the St Louis Blues back in 1983- their instincts were right!. It looks like there is no appetite for another Grey Cup either.
 The NHL blocked a move from St. Louis to Saskatoon, not Regina... the Credit Union Center in Saskatoon is a newer and better facility than the Brandt Center, by quite a bit. We went to a Rush game, was a good time. Regina now needs to upgrade their arena... now that the taxpayers of SK have paid for the new Mosaic...
Tax payers indeed!
Sorry it was Saskatoon not Regina..... either way it was blocked because even back then the NHL knew it wasn't  viable market.
Question: What benefit does the new arena provide the taxpayer??

Iconic SR

Built by RiderNation

FYI: It was Saskatoon trying to get the Blues, not Regina. Different city. Ya gotta look at a map man. And the NHL made the right call. Cities of 200,000 cannot support an NHL team.

Back to football:
Regina has 200,000 people.
And best fan support and best stadium in the CFL, and season tix sellouts since 2008.  

Calgary has 1.2 million, and everyone supports most Calgary sports - except the Stamps. It's like that massive city could care less about regular season wins.

Apathy. Alive and well in Cowtown. As Ambrosie alluded to - it's a blight on the league. Why is every other CFL market readily investing in their fans and players - while a city like Calgary cannot?

White stallion gallops

27000 average attendance.  For years. Solid fan base that doesn't jump on and off band wagon.  You make it sound like we are Toronto or Montreal! lol

Users Online

63 Guests, 3 Users (13 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
IceTheKicker, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (10)

Most Online Today: 125. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)