White stallion gallops

How about this.
In 2018, every ticket sold to a CFL game in all the 8 other cities, will have a $1.00 surcharge to go towards a new stadium is Calgary !!!! LOL
Stamps may have to propose this, because I can't see any other way they get a new stadium. Outsiders will have to pay for it.
How about I just sit outside Mosaic with a tin cup?

White stallion gallops

Iconic SR
That's a good question, because this winning team can't fill it's park. As such, I have no idea what matters to a Stamps fan. We know there isn't too many of them.
-------------

Calgary still has some of the better attendance in the league. I don't think there is any problem. I know I love my stamps, I can't speak for all the people who choose not to attend.
My point is - the Stamps winning records obviously don't pack McMahon. My question is: why is such a large city with well over 1 million people - unable to fill their park or even dream of a new one? Calgary is a world class city with low class support of its CFL team. It's sad.

Why the apathy?
It seems to me, there is an inverse relationship between city population and local CFL attendance.  The more populated the less attendance.
I guess we chalk this up to more to do! More choices, more sophisticated pallets of it's citizens.
Lets fave it , there is more to do in Toronto than Regina on a Saturday night

Iconic SR

How about this.
In 2018, every ticket sold to a CFL game in all the 8 other cities, will have a $1.00 surcharge to go towards a new stadium is Calgary !!!! LOL
Stamps may have to propose this, because I can't see any other way they get a new stadium. Outsiders will have to pay for it.
You will get more $ in Saskatchewan than in Calgary. So - in that context - maybe not a bad idea! 👍

Iconic SR

Iconic SR
That's a good question, because this winning team can't fill it's park. As such, I have no idea what matters to a Stamps fan. We know there isn't too many of them.
-------------

Calgary still has some of the better attendance in the league. I don't think there is any problem. I know I love my stamps, I can't speak for all the people who choose not to attend.
My point is - the Stamps winning records obviously don't pack McMahon. My question is: why is such a large city with well over 1 million people - unable to fill their park or even dream of a new one? Calgary is a world class city with low class support of its CFL team. It's sad.

Why the apathy?
It seems to me, there is an inverse relationship between city population and local CFL attendance.  The more populated the less attendance.
I guess we chalk this up to more to do! More choices, more sophisticated pallets of it's citizens.
I would agree with that. It also indicates a glaring absence of passionate and dedicated CFL fans  in these huge cities, and rather it points to a shallower type of 'fan' looking for the next 'fun' thing to do. So we know when McMahon is packed, it's many of these fickle fans (vs passionate fans) that are buying tickets. No wonder they don't have plans to build a new park, as these types of fans in Calgary are very unreliable. They don't care about winning or even the sport per se, rather they just want to do what's popular that night. I would also suggest that's also the reason why the Stampeders forum in here is a ghost town:  Not many in Calgary really care about their CFL team there. It's sad to see in such a great city where they do support so many other things while kicking the Stamps to the curb as an entertainment choice. People don't know what they're missing. Given that reality, the Stampeders can plan on playing in McMahon for many years to come while the rest of the league goes first class.

White stallion gallops

Iconic SR
-------------

Why the apathy?

Randy Ambrosie in Calgary Sun:
"And so, at a time when the CFL is boasting $2 billion in investments in new and improved venues around the country, one of its flagship franchises will have to continue playing in the league’s most dilapidated stadium for the foreseeable future.
“I’m very worried,” Ambrosie said when asked how concerned he was with the situation. “Perhaps the most successful team in the last 20 years in the CFL has one of the poorest stadiums in the CFL. I think that’s a tragedy."

“And when you go across the country to see what has happened — the renovation at BC Place, the renovation at Brick Field at Commonwealth in Edmonton, (new stadiums in) Saskatchewan, Winnipeg and Hamilton and what they’ve done here in Ottawa. BMO Field (in Toronto) … I think it’s terrible.”
Lets not forget the stamps ownership did offer a 200 million investment into a new facility 2 years ago. Lets also not forget Calgary has pretty much made Canada an Olympic power, Canada Olympic park is a top notch training facility, the city simply has priorities that reach beyond the stamps and flames.

Hamilton's stadium only happened because of a major event, Toronto moved into an existing facility and had little choice, Ottawa's Frank Claire was condemned and the reno was part of a larger development,  BC place reno had little to do with the lions and Edmonton's had to do with the desire to host other events in the stadium (World cup soccer).

The point is, most new/reno'd CFL stadiums had to do with priorities other than the CFL team who played there. Calgary's priorities are probably the most lofty but don't necessarily require a new stadium.

Iconic SR

I believe the league and Ambrosie will push for something to be done eventually in Calgary. Most successful team (as you keep reminding us) - with an old, dilapidated, run down park. It gives our beloved CFL a black eye.

What's it going to take to get more passionate fans (like you) in the seats vs the flaky, fickle, non committal fans there now who only are interested in what's cool at that moment? Any ideas?

Stamps need to do something, because all their wins - obviously ain't doing it.

beaglehound

...even without ever having taken a pee in seven of the nine stadiums ...
Bladder issues RedandWhite?? 

White stallion gallops

Iconic SR
-------------

Why the apathy?
It seems to me, there is an inverse relationship between city population and local CFL attendance.  The more populated the less attendance.
I would agree with that. It also indicates a glaring absence of passionate and dedicated CFL fans  in these huge cities, and rather it points to a shallower type of 'fan' looking for the next 'fun' thing to do. So we know when McMahon is packed, it's many of these fickle fans (vs passionate fans) that are buying tickets. No wonder they don't have plans to build a new park, as these types of fans in Calgary are very unreliable. They don't care about winning or even the sport per se, rather they just want to do what's popular that night. I would also suggest that's also the reason why the Stampeders forum in here is a ghost town:  Not many in Calgary really care about their CFL team there. It's sad to see in such a great city where they do support so many other things while kicking the Stamps to the curb as an entertainment choice. People don't know what they're missing. Given that reality, the Stampeders can plan on playing in that dump McMahon for many years to come while the rest of the league goes first class.
My stamps are a viable organization, as long as they show up May 20th for training camp, thats all I care about!

beaglehound

What's it going to take to get more passionate fans (like you) in the seats vs the flaky, fickle, non committal fans there now who only are interested in what's cool at that moment? Any ideas?

In keeping with the topic at hand I suggest when Calgary has a new stadium, all the seats are latrines with soft seats, embossed with a stallion like motif. 

The cost savings would be enormous!  No washroom upkeep needed. No one having to get up every 5 minutes after all the beer drinking.  No huge line ups outside the washrooms.  [Womens' for some reason are 3x longer than mens'.]

The premium seating between the 50 yard lines would have flush latrines as an added bonus.  The end zones would be small discreet out-houses equipped with 21" flat screen TV to compensate for the poor site lines,  

White stallion gallops

In keeping with the topic at hand I suggest when Calgary has a new stadium, all the seats are latrines with soft seats, embossed with a stallion like motif.

The cost savings would be enormous!  No washroom upkeep needed. No one having to get up every 5 minutes after all the beer drinking.  No huge line ups outside the washrooms.  [Womens' for some reason are 3x longer than mens'.]

The premium seating between the 50 yard lines would have flush latrines as an added bonus.  The end zones would be small discreet out-houses equipped with 21" flat screen TV to compensate for the poor site lines,  
LOL I love it,,, but only the ones between the 50's flush?
That would be a wonderful smelling stadium!
Now accepting applications for new job opportunity -- Gloves and rubber boots required!

Grover

I vote this as best facility!  :)

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

bobo82

I vote this as best facility!  :)

Hilarious . I posted this very same pic about an hour ago and the post got deleted . Go figure ?  :o I guess the mods obviously like you better then me Grover ???.
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

sambo42

How about this.
 Sure, it will save us from having to use the washroom once we get inside the New Mosaic...

Grover

I vote this as best facility!  :)

Hilarious . I posted this very same pic about an hour ago and the post got deleted . Go figure ?  :o I guess the mods obviously like you better then me Grover ???.
Oh ya bobo, Well mine may look the same as yours, only mine is bigger! ;)

White stallion gallops

How about this.
Sure, it will save us from having to use the washroom once we get inside the New Mosaic...
wow.... very nice...stay Classy Regina

Users Online

63 Guests, 3 Users (11 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
IceTheKicker, Google (AdSense), Google (10)

Most Online Today: 125. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)