brihind88

OK,

When a guy retires , it is his decision and should not be pushed into it.

However, what more does RR have to prove ?

4 cups is a big accomplishment,  2 each with both teams he played for.

On top of the ladder as a 4 time winning QB starter.

That is his legacy and what he will be remembered for.

RR has had injury problems every year with the Argos.

That comes with age.

If he decides to come back, he could be remembered for a decline.

Iconic SR

Do you have any examples of pro athletes being pushed into retirement or NOT retirement? Kinda sounds like you’re fabricating some scenarios that simply don’t exist. Athletes retire when they retire and there could be many circumstances involved that we may never be privy to.

FootbalYouBet

most likely, he wont retire if he still loves playing
Live well and please God

If every man had a wife like mine
There would be no war,  there would be no crime

brihind88

Do you have any examples of pro athletes being pushed into retirement or NOT retirement? Kinda sounds like you’re fabricating some scenarios that simply don’t exist. Athletes retire when they retire and there could be many circumstances involved that we may never be privy to.
Not fabricating anything.

It was a question.

You are always reading more into things that need be.

Iconic SR

It was a question.

Whether RR retires or doesn’t retire - you and I won’t be given all the details.
It will be what he wants it to be. No athlete get pushed into retirement, or to keep playing. They make this decision based on ability, situation, and personal motivation.

ExPat

Why would he not retire?

I'll give it a go.  Because he makes a mid-six-figure salary for playing a game he loves, and he is still playing it as well as anyone.

sambo42

It was a question.

My guess is he is convinced to stay one more year to back up & step in if Franklin isn't ready to become a starting QB this season

Johnny Ticat slayer

Well yes, Ricky Ray does have 4 Grey Cup rings. Pretty good, and more than any CFL QB in history. But, that is only 4 more than Matt Nichols. 

Ray might want to add 1 or 2 more wins, to make sure he stays ahead of Nichols, when the Bombers achieve their soon to come CFL dynasty.  :)
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

brihind88

Why would he not retire?

I'll give it a go.  Because he makes a mid-six-figure salary for playing a game he loves, and he is still playing it as well as anyone.
$$$$ he is set for life.

He has received more injury problems the older he has gotten.

EE receiver Brian Kelly said the reason he retired was that he never wanted to hear the words:

"Come into the office please, we need to talk "

Point is to go out on your terms, not when someone tells you to.

Health is more important than more money. That he has enough of.

I am not saying I want him to retire.  

I am speculating.

brianjoxx

I have 500,000 reasons. If you were RR and had skills to play for a few more years at 500K
what would you do!!! No retire cause some fan says retire on top??
Not easy to earn 500k in business or as a assistant coach. Ricky is not a COACH like that guy in Montreal. Not coaching material. He's to nice as is AC.

Iconic SR

I think anyone who has done the same thing for years and years looks forward to finally NOT doing that thing anymore. Whether it be going to the same office/workplace, or lacing up the cleats daily and having guys wanna run you over.

brianjoxx

I think anyone who has done the same thing for years and years looks forward to finally NOT doing that thing anymore. Whether it be going to the same office/workplace, or lacing up the cleats daily and having guys wanna run you over.
I would very very honestly disagree. Most love there job passion, the attention, the status,
football player, office manager, hockey player. That's why we keep moving on!!!!

You can't get in back, when its gone, only dream of the past!!!!!!!!!!!!

brianjoxx

Why would he not retire?

I'll give it a go.  Because he makes a mid-six-figure salary for playing a game he loves, and he is still playing it as well as anyone.
$$$$ he is set for life.

EE receiver Brian Kelly said the reason he retired was that he never wanted to hear the words:

I am speculating.
Brian Kelly was specially for sure. Retired too YOUNG

brihind88

Why would he not retire?

$$$$ he is set for life.

I am speculating.
Brian Kelly was specially for sure. Retired too YOUNG
For sure, he had many years ahead of him.

He did say he wanted ring # 5 ( 1987 ), to catch up with his dynasty team mates.

That guy had serious moves, that made defenders look silly.

ExPat

Why would he not retire?

$$$$ he is set for life.

I am speculating.
Well, your comments would be more suited to another thread called "Why would Ricky Ray retire?"

I was trying to be true to the guy who started the thread by answering his actual question.  Now I think you may have ticked that guy off.

Users Online

84 Guests, 13 Users (4 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
RedandWhite, FootbalYouBet, Aerial, schmenger, mike619, btharner, Sidney, joe, Mightygoose, of course, Iconic SR, ed ohmnes, Grover, Google (3), Baidu

Most Online Today: 132. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)