bobo82

Pretty sure Terry Metcalf and Tom Cousineau did pretty well up here, so shouldn't be included in the Flame Outs.
However, I am surprised you included Terry Metcalf.

If I remember right, he  did very well in Toronto.

As for Metcalf

It's true he actually didn't have bad stats in his three years in Toronto but the fact of the matter is although he had decent stats and did fairly well in Toronto the team didn't do well and failed to make the play-offs in the 3 years he was there . All he turned out to be was a good player (not great ) on a bad team when he was supposed to be the guy that put the Argos over the top and be the final piece of the puzzle to make them contenders once again . Metcalf eventually went back to the NFL for the 1981 season and played one last season with the REDSKINS before he called it quits and retired after a 9 yr career having played 6 yrs in the NFL and 3 yrs in the CFL .
As for Cousineau

Cousineau was the number #1 over all pick in the 1979 NFL college draft by the Buffalo Bills . He made headlines when he spurned the Bills and the NFL and signed with the CFL and the Alouettes instead .

In reference to Tom Cousineau doing pretty well up here he played 3 seasons (79-81) with the Als and in year one he was so so in that season , played okay but not spectacular . Season two saw him play much better and he was selected as an Eastern All-Star that season . His third and final season saw him playing in only four games that year spending the rest of the season on IL . He left for the NFL the next season and in a bit of irony his rights were traded from Buffalo to Cleveland for a 1rst round draft pick who ended up being future HOF qb Jim Kelly who ended up having a memorable career in Buffalo where he led them to 4 consecutive Super Bowl appearances .
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Grover

Luc Mullinder the Riders colour guy ranks the CFL coaches for 2018

Notice how all the West Coaches have bottomed out except C.Jones.  ::)

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

papazoola

......Corky at no 2 even 3 is a stretch....BIG LOL on that one...Buono hasn't fallen off the map yet and should be at 2... I agree with Trestman at one...O'Shea,Campbell Tricky Dicky and Corky 3rd. to 6th. with
Maas and the newbies slotted next...Until Sherman and June Jones prove something in this league (this ain't the NFL) they should be bringing up the rear. Nice try Mullinder. 
...one of the most integral parts overlooked in conversation....is to hear what\'s NOT being said....Anonymous

brianjoxx

......Corky at no 2 even 3 is a stretch....BIG LOL on that one...Buono hasn't fallen off the map yet and should be at 2... I agree with Trestman at one...O'Shea,Campbell Tricky Dicky and Corky 3rd. to 6th. with
Maas and the newbies slotted next...Until Sherman and June Jones prove something in this league (this ain't the NFL) they should be bringing up the rear. Nice try Mullinder.
Total agree. Thanks

brihind88

Campbell to high.  He has not even got his group over 500 the last 2 seasons.
Mass to low, at 9 ??.  I do not like the guy, but he knows what he is doing .
O'Shae has improved the Bombers every year has has been there.

As for Dickenson at 6.  You can not be serious. Did I just read that ?

Hello, he has coached the Stamps to the # 1 record 2 years in a row.

Granted, he took over a good team, but he was able to maintain the consistent dominance.

What more does he need to do ?

Whatever, these are not official rankings anyway.  Just that one guys opinion.

Means zippo. Thanks just the same the Luc.

Johnny Ticat slayer

Granted, he took over a good team, but he was able to maintain the consistent dominance.

Those 2 consecutive Grey Cup losses hurt his resume. With the team he has, he should have won those games. 
"Shut up Wesley!"   Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Stardate 42354.7

The Last Word

What do you guys expect from a Rider homer.  Seriously, is there anyone from Saskatchewan who is remotely capable of a non-bias viewpoint?  Rod Pederson, Nye and now this guy?  I guess it's something in the genes...

brihind88

Those 2 consecutive Grey Cup losses hurt his resume. With the team he has, he should have won those games.
That is correct Johnny.
I placed that question in there , for a fun reaction.

Thank you for being fast and first in line.
Thought every Rider fan would pile on.

However, there was a point to it as well.  
I am looking at the overall success of the club the last 2 years.

Having said that, a coach can only take his team so far.
Players on the field are the ones who are responsible for the final score.  

BTW, there was a big difference between 2016 - 2017.

2016 Ottawa was the better team on the field. I admit they did deserve   to win.

2017 Stamps were far the better team.  Screwed up and Argos took advantage and found away to win.
Should have been 31 - 19 or at least 27 - 19 with a field goal.

That is a tough one to take. 

Fans and media were all over it about how " bad " it feels.
Can not imagine what the players felt.

Had it  and let it slip. 

Not as bad as 2009 13 th man screw up, but a close second.

RichardVeilleux

Head Coach June Jones previously said that "Johnny Manziel would be the best CFL player ever." Now it's hard for the Tiger-Cats to offer him backup money. In order  to sign him, I do think that they will have to offer him no less than $250,000 and as much as $300,000 + incentives, for his first season.

I don't know which team was allowed to talk with Manziel and his agent, but most probably this team must be ready to pay $300,000 or more + incentives.

Richard

Users Online

75 Guests, 6 Users (15 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Espo, Hamilton2005, blackandgld, rshmglsky, Onemoredork, Google (AdSense) (3), Google (12)

Most Online Today: 114. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)