Tren

Should the CFL work to create a video game akin to something like Madden for an app? Football Frenzy is ok, but to really get attention from millenials they should have a more mainstream game

rpaege

I’m pretty sure Generation Z is what the CFL is focusing on, not aging millenials who were weaned on a steady diet of mostly NFL football. It seems like a very wise decision. The CFL should concentrate on doing its own thing and not try to compete with a billion dollar gaming company. CFL Frenzy is a GREAT start, and a nice platform to build on. 

rshmglsky

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/madden-director-leaves-ea-says-series-may-go-in-a-/1100-6458696/

I've never been a big fan of a CFL videogame, but a Madden DLC might work.

And more realistic.

CFL Pete

Konami used to make great video games for arcades in the eighties.  Track and Field was so much fun, and PunchOut!  A guy on youtube says the old games were better than the current ones for sharpening reflexes and hand-eye co-ordination.  If only it was true!  Video games for CFL don't work because the market is just too small to warrant them.  Board games have come and gone that were brilliant pieces of work but only the truest of the true would ever play them.  Think of a mountain.  You want your product to reach the people at the bottom, because as the height increases, so does the willingness to continue climbing.  The people at the very top of the CFL mountain, fan-wise, are few and rare.  And most don't have time to play video games, at least not anymore.  There was a game being sold outside the Rogers Centre in 2007 called, "Gridiron Master", a board game of Canadian football.  A great idea, and an incredible effort.  The market is just too small.

But Konami would be the company to do it.  If it still even exists.

rshmglsky

Sega also has 2k games.

The fact is developers, and reviewers, are always looking for new ideas to incorporate into their games. A three down game could be that idea, even if it's just one mode.

Hockey games have international modes, so the idea isn't too far fetched. But a CFL game on its own? Never going to happen.

drummer_god

Konami used to make great video games for arcades in the eighties.  Track and Field was so much fun, and PunchOut! 

But Konami would be the company to do it.  If it still even exists.
PunchOut! Was made by Nintendo, not Konami

canadianfootballfan

I tried a couple different CFL games on my Android phone, and found them very lacking and child-like.

Vermonter

Konami used to make great video games for arcades in the eighties.  Track and Field was so much fun, and PunchOut!

But Konami would be the company to do it.  If it still even exists.
PunchOut! Was made by Nintendo, not Konami
Yes. 

The first clue should be the fact that Mario is the referee. 

1898, 1900, 02, 25, 26, 40, 51, 60, 68, 69, 73, 76, 2016

Users Online

96 Guests, 9 Users (21 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ExPat, FootbalYouBet, schmenger, Onemoredork, GHT120, rshmglsky, Rick16, KevinRiley2, Google (AdSense) (8), Google (12), Alexa

Most Online Today: 187. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)