ArgoT

That pass by Masoli on the 2 and 1 was his best of the game, right in the bucket.

Lyle B. Style

If Nichelle Nichols is hurt (fracture finger is my suspicion) he'll be lost for several weeks, perhaps remainder of season.

Brings up the possibility of Bombers getting in on the Snack Collaros sweepstakes.

Without a decent QB (Davis is a scrub, Lafever is a pure backup) Winnipeg may as well fold their hopes for 2017. They'll get run over badly in either the crossover - or the west semi. And they won't get a home playoff game either!
WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

Aerial

Was thinking the same thing Lyle.  Will be interesting what happens with Zach.  At any rate, I hope the best for Nichols and that finger heals quickly.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

Tagger

The Jets & Bombers get smoked.
A bad day in Swaggerville.

canadianfootballfan

Hamilton would be dumb to trade Collaros before the end of the season, or at least while they have playoff hopes.  If Masoli goes down...  the Ticats will be screwed without an experienced replacement.

Lyle B. Style

Viva la vida loca !!!

Lots of these so-called pro athletes love coming to Winnipeg. Self-defeating fan philosophy w/ an emphasis and welcoming these mutt athletes to the kennel.

Guys like Nic Ehlers getting 6 million a year - for basically dancing around! Vermin like Tobias Enstrom can barely skate or move anyone off the puck, even powder-puffs!

In CFL a guy like Stanley Bryant basically let his own QB get damaged - possibly for the season if the finger is fractured. Air was let out of IGF Stadium tonite - less than 4,000 witnesses at the end - 26,500 at the start.

I'd seriously make a play for Collaros if Nichols is severely damaged. . . . . no risk exists. Cuz if they play Lafever & Davis, they'll basically go 1-3 or 0-4 down the stretch, perhaps getting a win in the final week so they can allow another team to position them in the playoff seedings!

canadianfootballfan

As for Masoli's play...  I'm not shocked at all.  He was an NCAA div. I star, and just took a little longer than most to catch on to the CFL game.  He did some pretty incredible stuff at Oregon.

yougottabekidding

Full marks to the Cats on a solid win.

Just wonderin', what happened to the League conspiracy to squash Hamilton?  Well called game tonight featuring a Head Ref from Wpg.

Hmmm..

2ez

As for Masoli's play...  I'm not shocked at all.  He was an NCAA div. I star, and just took a little longer than most to catch on to the CFL game.  He did some pretty incredible stuff at Oregon.
I'm not shocked either ... but I would challenge you in saying he's taken the normal amount of time most quarterbacks would need to adjust to the CFL, but he's had the benefit of having the faith of his coaches and those around him when times got rough along the way.

I firmly believe the quarterbacking issue we've seen appear on both sides of the border is because teams are willingly throwing guys into the fire who have no business starting, which ends up ruining their career in most cases, while if they would have got the chance to sit on the sidelines and learn from a wise mentor things could turn out much differently.

I hate to use the easiest example in the book, but Calvillo is the best quarterback to ever grace a CFL field and he spent six full years figuring things out in Las Vegas then Hamilton then as a backup for Ham in Montreal. If you look at his early career numbers, there's no goddamn way he'd been given such a long leash to grow into one of the greatest of all time, and I think team's need to go back to that philosophy if we want to see a universal improvement in professional quarterbacks across the board.

Who knows what Masoli's future holds, but it's been very enjoyable as a Cats fan to see him progress since his rookie year. I also loved watching him at Oregon and Ole Miss, so makes it even that much more enjoyable if you're familiar with his entire journey up until now.

EDIT: Another obvious example is Matt Nichols ... who I hope can return for the Bombers in time for the playoffs, although I don't mind the idea of shipping Collaros off to give the Bombers a real go at the Grey Cup if that's what it comes to. 

Lyle B. Style

As for Masoli's play...  I'm not shocked at all.  He was an NCAA div. I star, and just took a little longer than most to catch on to the CFL game.  He did some pretty incredible stuff at Oregon.
I'm not shocked either ... but I would challenge you in saying he's taken the normal amount of time most quarterbacks would need to adjust to the CFL, but he's had the benefit of having the faith of his coaches and those around him when times got rough along the way.

I firmly believe the quarterbacking issue we've seen appear on both sides of the border is because teams are willingly throwing guys into the fire who have no business starting, which ends up ruining their career in most cases, while if they would have got the chance to sit on the sidelines and learn from a wise mentor things could turn out much differently.

I hate to use the easiest example in the book, but Calvillo is the best quarterback to ever grace a CFL field and he spent six full years figuring things out in Las Vegas then Hamilton then as a backup for Ham in Montreal. If you look at his early career numbers, there's no goddamn way he'd been given such a long leash to grow into one of the greatest of all time, and I think team's need to go back to that philosophy if we want to see a universal improvement in professional quarterbacks across the board.

Who knows what Masoli's future holds, but it's been very enjoyable as a Cats fan to see him progress since his rookie year. I also loved watching him at Oregon and Ole Miss, so makes it even that much more enjoyable if you're familiar with his entire journey up until now.

EDIT: Another obvious example is Matt Nichols ... who I hope can return for the Bombers in time for the playoffs, although I don't mind the idea of shipping Collaros off to give the Bombers a real go at the Grey Cup if that's what it comes to.
Both Wpg & Hammy in a bit of a quandary if there's serious damage to Nichols' hand. Wpg. can't win with Miles Davis & The Danald at QB, while Ham needs an experienced backup if there gonna make a run at the eastern playoff picture. Right now, it appears Ottawa is there prime target for #2 spot - and a home date vs. a wounded western crossover!
Will probably stretch it out as long as possible to the trade deadline.
Hamilton would need Wpg's #1 draft pick plus a non-rubbish starter (Hurl & Wolitardski are rubbish) . .  . perhaps #1 overall plus Paddy Neufeld or rights to Geoff Gray would turn the trick.
Of course, the Winnipeg Way is to play the hand that's given - convince themselves that Davis and/or Lafever can actually win. . . . . they won't and conserve all the draft picks & player rights they currently have to make a graceful playoff exit as either the crossover team (they'd face Masoli and Masoli has their number)
So the only bomber hope is that Nichols is only out for one game - and can muster the troops (they looked pretty sadsack without him) to win a couple in their last 3 to clinch a home playoff.

Hammertown Proud

I see another Winnipeg loss (ala Wednesday Night).

Same city. Different sport. Same Result.
Oh to be a 'pegger this morning :)

Vermonter

Where's Julie Newmar or Halle Berry ? Lee Merriwether was too much like watching somebody's mom. She never tickled my fancy.

Taleback

However, Bombers are not going to lose at home.

That settles it then. Cats win and stay alive in the East.
Would it be to muck to ask you for 43 numbers that you are pretty sure will come up in tonights 649 draw. I'll take the other six and even give you 20 bucks out of my millions in winnings. :D

DAN38

I have no idea who Tori Black is ?....She does strike me as a pretty good Catwoman though.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

pigseye2015

Quite the beat down by the TiCats, not much more to say other than June Jones looks like one heck of a good HC.

Users Online

121 Guests, 18 Users (17 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Abendschan, sully, TCHABS, bobo82, Oskie18, Mark, KevinRiley2, RBFan2014, dcmoses, heapbag, brianjoxx, danoc_86, RedandWhite, Mightygoose, steeltownguy, Google (17)

Most Online Today: 192. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)