letsgoticats

The Ticat board can be home to some good football discussion .  It's a little negative, but the performance of the team has been pretty poor for a while now, so it's to be expected.

The CFL Talk board rarely discuss football x's and o's, but can have some decent discussion about the league in general.

I don't venture into the other team boards.  Most aren't that busy as teams have more active message boards elsewhere. 

The Off-Topic board is one person posting the same things over and over and over again until all other posters have been driven away.  

Iconic SR

Please don't take it personally. I'm sorry that you feel targetted here. That wasn't the intent. Today we can choose to make it all about ourselves, or we can channel some positive thoughts and energy to the families and all those associated with the Humboldt Broncos tragedy. The Riders will be there today to share in their grief and their healing. I'm gonna choose to think about this.
I don't feel targeted or take it personally, on the contrary, I feel that if anyone feels so depressed, as the OP says he is, by what they read on an internet chat forum, they should stop reading that forum. Having said that I do hope Everyman keeps posting. He has some good things to say.

What others say or think should not affect how you think or feel. Don't let another's actions determine your feelings.
If I’m interpreting the OPs post correctly, I believe he was saying that he’s looking forward to a new CFL season and in here he finds a lot of pessimism - over even the tiniest things. It’s a fair and accurate statement I believe. As someone also mentioned, this underlying negativity is not unique to here. It’s just a mentality of using an anonymous position in a web forum to gripe, and that’s ok. Just as it’s ok to scratch one’s head and think 🤔. One thing I’ve learned in life: many are more suited or content - when they’re unhappy.

To each their own.
  I agree but most guys are here because of their love of the CFL and will point out indiscretions because they want the league to be above reproach. We have all heard the insults directed at our league. Some are justified, most are not. The CFL is unique in that we have to survive in spite of the football juggernaut down south. I think most of the criticism is not based on malice but concern.
    If the CFL wasn't a great game, the criticism would be massive but it isn't. If the worst thing we can say about the league is that Rod Black is a goof, I think we are in good shape.
    Mr. Negative himself no longer posts. Without him the positivity of this site has increased substantially. There will always be complainers though. It's good to hear what they say so we can balance what is needed. Nobody is forced to read the negative. It should not affect anyone's outlook or emotions.

IIRC when you first came to this board you were very critical of other fans, myself included. You stated that only true fans went to their team's games. Quite the turnaround. Did you see the light or something ?
If a true 'fan' can go to games and chooses not to - I question what their version of being a 'fan' is.

Obviously if it's not possible to attend a game that's a different story altogether.

bobo82

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Hank01

From my perspective there is less anti progress CFL types lately .

I won't name them but they are not here .

These posters were always don't expand to Ottawa .

Keep the league to 8 teams .

Toronto is dead nobody will buy them .

Canadian players especially CIS are lousy .

Canadian QB's are not worth developing .

Halifax has nobody interested in owning a  team .

Don't bother with a US TV deal .

Why bother using CTV's influence .

Winnipeg will not get a new stadium .

Regina will not get a new stadium.

Hamilton will not get a new stadium .

Many more negatives and it's nice that negative atmosphere is missing .

Nothing wrong with letting the league know there is a problem with the game and there business model but to say never change because it's the little CFL is a non starter in communicating in a useful dialogue .

FootbalYouBet

From my perspective there is less anti progress CFL types lately .

I won't name them but they are not here .

These posters were always don't expand to Ottawa .

Keep the league to 8 teams .

Toronto is dead nobody will buy them .

Canadian players especially CIS are lousy .

Canadian QB's are not worth developing .

Halifax has nobody interested in owning a  team .

Don't bother with a US TV deal .

Why bother using CTV's influence .

Winnipeg will not get a new stadium .

Regina will not get a new stadium.

Hamilton will not get a new stadium .

Many more negatives and it's nice that negative atmosphere is missing .

Nothing wrong with letting the league know there is a problem with the game and there business model but to say never change because it's the little CFL is a non starter in communicating in a useful dialogue .

you forgot the worst one, OUR REFS ARE THE WORST, THEY SUCK, SUCK, SUCK
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

There are people out there who just will not be happy until they have created sentient AI.

Hank01

That's a lot of sucks . 

DAN38

I guess FYB didn't see the ref give a Vegas player a penalty for tripping when in fact it was a Wash player who tripped his own guy. Why don't they review that sort of stuff ? Oh yeah, don't want them NHL refs looking bad , do we ? That whole scenario was pathetic. Fortunately Wash didn't score on their undeserved power play. There are bad refs everywhere. Our refs are no different.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

If you think you can't when you can, you won't.
If you think you can when you can't, you just might.

FootbalYouBet

I guess FYB didn't see the ref give a Vegas player a penalty for tripping when in fact it was a Wash player who tripped his own guy. Why don't they review that sort of stuff ? Oh yeah, don't want them NHL refs looking bad , do we ? That whole scenario was pathetic. Fortunately Wash didn't score on their undeserved power play. There are bad refs everywhere. Our refs are no different.
I think maybe you misunderstood my post

DAN38

You're right, I did. Mea culpa.

FootbalYouBet

You're right, I did. Mea culpa.
:)

FootbalYouBet

what I find depressing is on average, less than 5% posts to view ratio on topics.  Too many looky-loos that cant be bothered contributing.  I sometimes find it discouraging. 

Iconic SR

what I find depressing is on average, less than 5% posts to view ratio on topics.  Too many looky-loos that cant be bothered contributing.  I sometimes find it discouraging.
It's the same ratio I would bet of people passing by someone in distress - and not lending a helping hand. Voyeurism with no participation is a huge thing for many many people.

Looky loos are 🐔

2ez

After a long  and exciting off season and people supposedly jonesing for the return of the CFL the majority of posts on here after week one of PRESEASON are tearing apart the product, the announcers, other provinces, other stadiums, the panel, the network. And these are the "fans" of the CFL??

What's the point of all this?

Enjoy I guess.
Are you suggesting that we should be complacent and not voice opinions whether they are positive or not ? Fans are fans and we are gonna gripe. That's what makes for improvement....Please don't take away our God given right to point out all the gaffes that Rod Black makes. We need that. ;D
This is a sports website and you expect fans from other cities to be cheering for their team, their city and criticizing the other teams and fans.
If you are at a football game,  you don't cheer and give the other team a pat on the back when they score a TD.   Can you imagine the fans in Hamilton at the Labour Day game thanking the  Argos and their fans for coming out.
It's a long standing tradition with some teams to hate the other teams, their fans and their cities.

As for criticizing TSN,  they aren't the CFL and some people love to hate the announcers.  But that's no different than hockey fans that hate the old CBC guys or the Jays voices on Rogers.
Some people hate Rod Black and some guys on the panel, others love them.
It's entertaining to pick up on Rod's gaffes and sayings.
If you hate them doesn't mean you are anti-CFL
It's what we do as fans,  we criticize and give our opinions as to why we think things should be better.  
Doesn't mean we don't like the CFL, it just means we would be happier if they did things differently.

It would be a pretty boring site if we all had the same opinions and everyone cheered for all the teams instead of taking sides.
Boom. This rookie has some promise folks  ;)

The day people stop criticizing the CFL is the day the league is dead. People don't criticize if they don't care. Please go to any NFL, NHL, MLB or even MLS forum and tell them to stop criticizing the league and each other lol I wish you luck ... That's the same mentality blind Trump supporters have that never criticize the president for anything

How would the league or TSN ever improve if we always told them "Hey yknow what guys, you tried and that's all we can ask for. Don't try and fix anything, we'll be back next time don't worry! We don't even need to hand out the Grey Cup, we should just have a nine team parade instead!"

TravelPat also put it into perspective for Ti-Cats fans ... We complain because we care, and we've had a whole lot to complain about since 1999. Some people hate the in-fighting on our forum but I love the fact we have so many dedicated fans willing to write non-sense everyday about the Cats. More the merrier. I feel like the older generation still hasn't figured out the art of ignoring trolls or scrolling past posts you don't agree with.

I'm excited for the season to begin, and excited to be absolutely miserable once the Stamps hand the Cats their tails in the opener

Users Online

100 Guests, 17 Users (17 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ticats4242ticats, sportsfan100, FormerlyTurkish, VICIOUSCIRCLE, Onemoredork, hawthy, Habsfan, djrobertson2017, Rick16, Lyle B. Style, FootbalYouBet, Iconic SR, stevehvh, brianjoxx, Google (AdSense) (11), Google (6)

Most Online Today: 201. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)