Iconic SR

After a long  and exciting off season and people supposedly jonesing for the return of the CFL the majority of posts on here after week one of PRESEASON are tearing apart the product, the announcers, other provinces, other stadiums, the panel, the network. And these are the "fans" of the CFL??

What's the point of all this?

Enjoy I guess.
Are you suggesting that we should be complacent and not voice opinions whether they are positive or not ? Fans are fans and we are gonna gripe. That's what makes for improvement....Please don't take away our God given right to point out all the gaffes that Rod Black makes. We need that. ;D
Griping is a personality trait, not a fan trait.
So in your world everything is hunky dory, eh ?

Griping is what fans do so that they know how to be happy when everything goes their way.
A kind of ying-yang thing.

Besides the whiners, as you call us, have been very tame. Most have just been voicing their displeasure with certain aspects. If you don't like it, go read some fairy tales. Good criticism is OK and sometimes funny.

No I didn't say that. I said griping is a personality trait. Those who gripe, rarely talk positively. That's what the OP is saying I believe in regards to all the negativity in here surrounding the CFL and this season - which hasn't even started yet.

DAN38

After a long  and exciting off season and people supposedly jonesing for the return of the CFL the majority of posts on here after week one of PRESEASON are tearing apart the product, the announcers, other provinces, other stadiums, the panel, the network. And these are the "fans" of the CFL??

Enjoy I guess.
Are you suggesting that we should be complacent and not voice opinions whether they are positive or not ? Fans are fans and we are gonna gripe. That's what makes for improvement....Please don't take away our God given right to point out all the gaffes that Rod Black makes. We need that. ;D

Griping is what fans do so that they know how to be happy when everything goes their way.

Besides the whiners, as you call us, have been very tame. Most have just been voicing their displeasure with certain aspects. If you don't like it, go read some fairy tales. Good criticism is OK and sometimes funny.

No I didn't say that. I said griping is a personality trait. Those who gripe, rarely talk positively. That's what the OP is saying I believe in regards to all the negativity in here surrounding the CFL and this season - which hasn't even started yet.
I get it now. You guys are just negative about all the negativity.
Si vis pacem... para bellum

If you think you can't when you can, you won't.
If you think you can when you can't, you just might.

Iconic SR

Enjoy I guess.

Please don't take it personally. I'm sorry that you feel targetted here. That wasn't the intent. Today we can choose to make it all about ourselves, or we can channel some positive thoughts and energy to the families and all those associated with the Humboldt Broncos tragedy. The Riders will be there today to share in their grief and their healing. I'm gonna choose to think about this.

BCCFLFAN

Enjoy I guess.
Your griping about other people griping...ironic is it not?  :)

KevinRiley2

As posters here know, I ALWAYS take the High Road, even when other posters do not - if you don't believe me, read the bottom of my post.  

If everyone would follow MY lead, this forum would be a much better place.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

BCCFLFAN

As posters here know, I ALWAYS take the High Road, even when other posters do not - if you don't believe me, read the bottom of my post.  

This is a forum where anyone can voice their concerns/opinion whether its about the CFL, Panel etc..forums don't need censorship. People were complaining about the rules and now the CFL has taken note and changed them. Things only get done when people voice opinions. If one member doesn't like what other members have to say that is their right but you can't stop people from saying what is on their mind (within reason).  :)

KevinRiley2

This is a forum where anyone can voice their concerns/opinion whether its about the CFL, Panel etc..forums don't need censorship. People were complaining about the rules and now the CFL has taken note and changed them. Things only get done when people voice opinions. If one member doesn't like what other members have to say that is their right but you can't stop people from saying what is on their mind (within reason).  :)
All true.

Unfortunately, some posters have an anti-CFL agenda.

sully

Random opinion of a league employee: I think it's super helpful to get feedback via these forums. Usually companies I've worked at have to pay people for their opinions. Here I get them for free! ;) (But seriously, it's useful.)
I'm the Senior Director of Technology for the Canadian Football League. Got technology concerns/ideas for the league? E-mail me at ssyed@cfl.ca and we'll talk.

DAN38

Please don't take it personally. I'm sorry that you feel targetted here. That wasn't the intent. Today we can choose to make it all about ourselves, or we can channel some positive thoughts and energy to the families and all those associated with the Humboldt Broncos tragedy. The Riders will be there today to share in their grief and their healing. I'm gonna choose to think about this.
    I don't feel targeted or take it personally, on the contrary, I feel that if anyone feels so depressed, as the OP says he is, by what they read on an internet chat forum, they should stop reading that forum. Having said that I do hope Everyman keeps posting. He has some good things to say.

What others say or think should not affect how you think or feel. Don't let another's actions determine your feelings.

Aerial

Well in Buddhism there are some "truths" and the First Truth is that all life is suffering, pain, and misery.  Which I'm sure can lead to some depression.  

Deal with it as the Buddhists might say.  ;)
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

brianjoxx

You want depressing - try being a Ti-Cats fan.

I'm always hoping for better things than what we've seen for most of the last 16 years.  But for those of us who actually spend our money to attend most of their home games and support the team financially - it has been a tough stretch - with way more losing seasons than winning seasons the last 16 years.  I think we've only been over .500 twice in the last 16 years!

So kind of exciting the off season buzz between Manziel and the hope the better play of Masoli and the rest of the team late last year would carry over to this season. I know it's only preseason - but last night's butt kicking at the hand of the Argos was disappointing.  

So some of the 'whoa is us' exhibited by Cats fans today. Totally understandable.

And yes we get a bit defensive when people from other places trash the size and other aspects of our stadium - when we here who followed all the stories as it was being planned and built completely get why it is the correct size for this market that it is in.
Hi Pat Well Said but in the spirit of the CFL way much attention to T cats and who JM.
We wish you the best but from the west we bring in, our try to do, young very good people who develop. Under the radar. Cheers and check out the QBS from the last 20 years. Not one who was successful as a big NFL star. So we are unsure. Sorry

brianjoxx

Enjoy I guess.

Nice Very NICE. THANKS

brianjoxx

I think there is less reason to demand a perfect product and every more to just be a fan now that the ticket gorging has stopped with the Grey Cup.
Good team. Don't worry CATS ARE GOOD. You enjoy

brianjoxx

I think there is less reason to demand a perfect product and every more to just be a fan now that the ticket gorging has stopped with the Grey Cup.
Sorry for comments about your stadium. The west gets more attendance so the have more cash.
Yes salary cap BUT YOU Know the rest .Rich teams generally win. More to offer.
Look at the grey cup in Edmonton, no ticket over $200 BUCKS which equals fans, Joe fans and family
Cheers

brianjoxx

All opinions are welcome. To disagree is totally okay. However we must respect opinions,
and acknowledge others views even if we are not liking.
This board has become very small for many reasons. I would hate to see it collapse.
I joined as Brianjo and  due to issues on login in changed to Brianjox then again had to change to Brianjoxx. Point is my first game was in 1957 in Edmonton. Very dedicated CFL fan with SMARTS.

Worked with a group to get CFL to Kelowna, CHANGE of government brought that to a haul.
We are not green or in Vancouver so we have to wait. Point is OLD VIEW CAN BE GOOD
NEW VIEWS CAN BE BETTER, encourage people on there views,
BELIEVE ME CFL IS GOING INTO BOOM BIG LEAGUE TIMES
ONLY ONE TEAM WINS IN A YEAR
CHEERS TAKE CARE.

Users Online

50 Guests, 3 Users (5 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
jonny24eh, CrazyCanuck1988, NZFan, Google (5)

Most Online Today: 121. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)