Mark

It get's tiring when you play the same team 3-4 times per year and more.
I never can understand this when in baseball many fans enjoy a 4 game homestand agains't the same team.   One of the things I love about the fewer teams is that you do get to play more agains't the same team, I think it adds more to intrigue.  I'm in line with many baseball fans on this one.  It's great to see how a team responds after winning/losing to a team and getting a few more chances to correct or what have you agains't the same team.
I agree.

Hank01

I never can understand this when in baseball many fans enjoy a 4 game homestand agains't the same team.   One of the things I love about the fewer teams is that you do get to play more agains't the same team, I think it adds more to intrigue.  I'm in line with many baseball fans on this one.  It's great to see how a team responds after winning/losing to a team and getting a few more chances to correct or what have you agains't the same team.
I agree.
 Because it's not a 162 game baseball schedule . Nobody I know wants to see out of 9 home games the same three teams . Nobody is interested in a high school schedule of three teams over and over again . 

People wonder what's wrong with the CFL and why it can't attract fans well play three teams constantly that will bring them out . Nothing like making a small league even smaller .

Comparing baseball and football is just plain ridiculous they are as different as hockey and curling . Even baseball gets it by having American League and National League teams play each other for a change now in the regular season . 

The only reason they play each other  in a series format is costs it doesn't matter if it's a rival or an opponent from another league . Thats why they play three games or four games in a row against an opponent nothing to do with anything else  it's just cheaper .

brianjoxx

I agree.
Because it's not a 162 game baseball schedule . Nobody I know wants to see out of 9 home games the same three teams . Nobody is interested in a high school schedule of three teams over and over again .

People wonder what's wrong with the CFL and why it can't attract fans well play three teams constantly that will bring them out . Nothing like making a small league even smaller .

Comparing baseball and football is just plain ridiculous they are as different as hockey and curling . Even baseball gets it by having American League and National League teams play each other for a change now in the regular season .

The only reason they play each other  in a series format is costs it doesn't matter if it's a rival or an opponent from another league . Thats why they play three games or four games in a row against an opponent nothing to do with anything else  it's just cheaper .

Thanks Hank

EZ Football

I could also be perfectly happy if the two division winners and two wildcards from ANY division make the playoffs -- 4 teams in total.

The semifinals would be a best-of-three series.  The Grey Cup would be one game.  Postseason would be 4 weeks long.

EZ Football

The top 6 teams made the playoffs and played. From there, two teams earned their place into the Grey Cup. It was the top two finishing playoff teams that played in that game.  

And the best team won. The system, despite its flaws does work.
How do you know the best team won and it wasn't a rare upset?  It was a one-game series.

There's no incentive to win for eastern teams in the regular season.  Why should a fan spend their hard earned money for a regular season game when the east is gifted with a favorable playoff spot?  There's basically no incentive to win in the first 18 games of the season.

EZ Football

Got another idea from watching women's Olympic Ice Hockey and reading their playoff format.  Women's ice hockey has MAJOR problems in parity.

Have two tiers in the CFL.  The big boy division and the others.

If all 5 teams in the west are the best in the league in regular season play, let all five of them make the playoffs (big boy division).  Allow just 1 team in the 'others' category (east) get the #6 seed.

See the attached picture.

My point is, if the eastern teams aren't going to "put-out" in the regular season (includes incentives to win in the regular season by putting heat on the coaches/owners to trade players left and right to get a winning combination to have a winning season), why reward them with a gifted playoff spot?

***-Is it fair to the eastern fans to watch regular season play that doesn't really require their teams to win?

Iconic SR

The top 6 teams made the playoffs and played. From there, two teams earned their place into the Grey Cup. It was the top two finishing playoff teams that played in that game.  

How do you know the best team won and it wasn't a rare upset?  It was a one-game series.

There's no incentive to win for eastern teams in the regular season.  Why should a fan spend their hard earned money for a regular season game when the east is gifted with a favorable playoff spot?  There's basically no incentive to win in the first 18 games of the season.
The GC game I watched showed the Argos make less mistakes than the Stamps = 
the best team won. Regular season wins is a distant memory in the playoffs, don’t forget. All those regular season wins that the Stamps love so much should be conditioning them to make less mistakes one would think - but it doesn’t. 

Argos look like they will be strong again in 2018. 

Hank01

The GC game I watched showed the Argos make less mistakes than the Stamps =
the best team won. Regular season wins is a distant memory in the playoffs, don’t forget. All those regular season wins that the Stamps love so much should be conditioning them to make less mistakes one would think - but it doesn’t.

Argos look like they will be strong again in 2018.
 Only agree if the Argos didn't get a bye and played two on the road . Their regular season record was not championship worthy unless they took the road worthy of such claim by playing on the road twice and winning before the opportunity of a Grey Cup game . 

Another cheap looking championship and people wonder why were losing people in the big cities when there is a playoff system designed when we had train travel .

One division until we get enough teams to divide them up and still even then have seeding that validates the regular season . End this cheap east /west charade it's broken and people aren't fooled anymore by it's empty value of Grey Cup champion .

The team's actual  play off performance  has to have the proper byes , seeding and home field advantage  to get people to take notice . This falling backwards into the grey cup birth needed to end yesterday .

White stallion gallops

This year
The season finished like this for the playoff teams  -overall place in league wide standings in parenthesis ()

West
Calgary (1)
Winnipeg (2)
Edmonton (3)
Saskatchewan (4)

East
Toronto (5)
Ottawa (6)

Essentially what happened is sask was rewarded for finishing 4th in west my getting the easiest playoff path. That's not fair. Here's what should have happened:

Fist team overall (cal) should have been given choice of which division they wanted to play in. 2nd overall would then automatically play in the opposite division.......here's  the scenario that would have played out.

West semi
sask at edm

West Final
sask/edm at Win

East semi
Ott at Tor

East Final
ott/tor at Cal

Would this not have been fairest  ?

FootbalYouBet

This year
The season finished like this for the playoff teams  -overall place in league wide standings in parenthesis ()

West
Calgary (1)
Winnipeg (2)
Edmonton (3)
Saskatchewan (4)

East
Toronto (5)
Ottawa (6)

Essentially what happened is sask was rewarded for finishing 4th in west my getting the easiest playoff path. That's not fair. Here's what should have happened:

Fist team overall (cal) should have been given choice of which division they wanted to play in. 2nd overall would then automatically play in the opposite division.......here's  the scenario that would have played out.

West semi
sask at edm

West Final
sask/edm at Win

East semi
Ott at Tor

East Final
ott/tor at Cal

Would this not have been fairest  ?
no.  if sask got the easier path, why didn't they win?
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

it is not how much you love but how well you love

why be part of the solution when you can be part of the problem

White stallion gallops

This year
The season finished like this for the playoff teams  -overall place in league wide standings in parenthesis ()

West
Calgary (1)
Winnipeg (2)
Edmonton (3)
Saskatchewan (4)

East
Toronto (5)
Ottawa (6)

Fist team overall (cal) should have been given choice of which division they wanted to play in. 2nd overall would then automatically play in the opposite division.......here's  the scenario that would have played out.

West semi
sask at edm

West Final
sask/edm at Win

East semi
Ott at Tor

East Final
ott/tor at Cal

Would this not have been fairest  ?
no.  if sask got the easier path, why didn't they win?
You are looking at the world in hindsight. 
Its hard to argue Ottawa, Toronto weren't easier opponents than 2 of Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg.

Iconic SR

Any given Sunday. Once Stamps embrace this, the GC wins will come.

But they still seem to celebrate a regular season - while winning nothing. I don't understand this.

White stallion gallops

But they still seem to celebrate a regular season - while winning nothing. I don't understand this.
The Grey Cup wins DO come.

Iconic SR

The Grey Cup wins DO come.
Stamps have promised that before - in 2016 and 2017. 

Don't believe it anymore. My money is on whoever plays the Stamps. 

White stallion gallops

I don't believe the stamps "promised" any such thing

Users Online

67 Guests, 7 Users (16 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Slomojo2005, Rick16, Mightygoose, IceTheKicker, Google (AdSense) (4), Google (12)

Most Online Today: 125. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)