Vermonter

Quote from: "rpaege"
Pretty cool that the Schooners actually have cheerleaders, even if only three.

Helps in a thread like this to have pics to share. I sadly have none  :(

Oh. Well why didn't you say so? I don't mind helpin' a fella out.  8)

https://www.google.com/search?q=Hamilto ... 62&bih=687

Cool

Quote from: "cflisthebest"
Seems like an excuse to show women looking provocative

Yep...  and in this day of biologically wired...
Pull Together everyone

Neely2005

"ALL-TIME RECORDS

Grey Cup Wins:

16- Toronto Argonauts
14- Edmonton Eskimos
10- Winnipeg Blue Bombers
8- Hamilton Tiger-Cats
7- Ottawa Rough Riders
7- Montreal Alouettes
7- Calgary Stampeders
6- B.C. Lions
4- Saskatchewan Roughriders"

http://www.cfl.ca/2010/12/02/by-the-num ... cup-glory/

rpaege

Quote from: "Vermonter"
Quote from: "rpaege"
Pretty cool that the Schooners actually have cheerleaders, even if only three.

Helps in a thread like this to have pics to share. I sadly have none  :(

Oh. Well why didn't you say so? I don't mind helpin' a fella out.  8)

https://www.google.com/search?q=Hamilto ... 62&bih=687

Hey if sharing OP's pics is ok why didn't you say so?   :D

bobo8224

At the 100th Grey Cup....The Cheerleader Parade  :)              
[size=150]15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS
12,13,15,28,29,32,43,53,57,63,65,67,72,86,99             [/size]

brihind88

They used to be called Blue Lightning. Reason for the new name is that they are a true cheer squad.

Bombers, Riders and Esks have guys on the squad. They are high level athletic squads.
The other teams are just cute little dancers, while these groups have jumps, flips and catches.
The training must be crazy.
One mistake on a routine and some girl is in a wheel chair.

Also, just to compare squads, I go out to Van 2 x a year to see my second favorite team the Lions.

Interesting to note the culture mix of diverse backgrounds every year with the Felions squad. Pretty cool to see that.
White, Asian, Mid East .

Here in Calgary the Outriders are all just white cowgirls.

rpaege

Some cheer squads take it VERY seriously. In fact, several years ago a team from my old high school in Edmonton won the world championships.

brihind88

Quote from: "brihind88"
They used to be called Blue Lightning. Reason for the new name is that they are a true cheer squad.

Bombers, Riders and Esks have guys on the squad. They are high level athletic squads.
The other teams are just cute little dancers, while these groups have jumps, flips and catches.
The training must be crazy.
One mistake on a routine and some girl is in a wheel chair.

Also, just to compare squads, I go out to Van 2 x a year to see my second favorite team the Lions.

Interesting to note the culture mix of diverse backgrounds every year with the Felions squad. Pretty cool to see that.
White, Asian, Mid East .

Here in Calgary the Outriders are all just white cowgirls.

Sorry, I forgot to mention the RedBlacks Squad.

brihind88

Ok, now I am in a position where I need to both issue an apology and explanation.

Just got a private message by a member who took offence to a couple of my statements.

" Just a cute dance team " and " just white cowgirls "

I did not intend to minimize any group. I was just making a comparison. Apples to oranges.

Sorry if my wording was offensive.

The member is a cheerleader who felt disrespected. I have cleared it with her.

I respect all the cheer squads and members. They work hard, dedicated and put in a lot of time . They all represent the CFL and the teams with class and dignity.

depopulationINC

Quote from: "GreyDragon"
I can say that from chatting with several of the Argo cheerleaders over the past few years, they are all very good ambassadors for the team.
I would guess that the same applies to the cheerleaders for the other CFL teams. :thup:

They are all great ambassadors, but the Argo cheerleaders are generally better at mingling on GC week and really getting out there with the fans and truly interacting.

Vermonter

I love the diversity in Calgary's Cheer Squad. They have Blondes, Brunettes, AND Redheads.  :rockin:

--------------

Moving East, from The Maritimes, into Quebec....

Vermonter

Vermonter

NYCFLFAN

To be honest, cheerleaders are the only reason I watch football! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
1995: The Cup Goes South!!!

rhymes with orange

Ever notice that CFL cheerleaders/dance teams appear much younger than their NFL counterparts?

The CFL girls all look like they're about 18-23, whereas NFL cheerleaders have a more mature "Playboy Centerfold" look of 27-32. Anyone else notice that?

Users Online

77 Guests, 13 Users (6 Spiders, 4 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Mightygoose, Taleback, PTBO Dave, Slomojo2005, Allek, ExPat, FootbalYouBet, everyman, AlsPal, Yahoo!, Google (5)

Most Online Today: 170. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)