Aerial

Noted that Ottawa has a neat set-up in the end-zone with the "worlds longest bar rail" and that it's very interesting to him how that the atmosphere is more like a party. 
Nicely done in Ottawa for sure!
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

RM14

brianjoxx

He does the walk and speaks well. Do owners back him?? For now!!

Hammertown Proud

The gist of the message in Calgary today was that the fan experience is the #1 priority.

Noted that Ottawa has a neat set-up in the end-zone with the "worlds longest bar rail" and that it's very interesting to him how that the atmosphere is more like a party.

Looking at standing seating could be a focus for certain areas of each stadium.

I wonder how much it would cost to transform some of the empty endzone sections at McMahon into standing section with bar rails.
Can't speak for your fanbase, but the "olds" in Hamilton absolutely HATE the standing room areas.

Like hate beyond belief.

Of course, these are the same folks who complain that the average fan isn't young, and we should be promoting to the young folks.....

and for encore the "olds" in Hamilton complain ..... the music is too loud and they are showing fans on the screen instead of replays.

I love it!

hawthy

Full video of the Calgary stop:

https://www.stampeders.com/2018/02/06/randy-ambrosie-season-ticket-holder-luncheon/
Honestly, as awesome as it is that you're posting this (thank you, by the way), it's equally infuriating that, once again, the CFL fails at self-marketing. We are basically doing the work they are supposed to do.

There should have been a crew travelling with the guy, live streaming on CFL.CA, facebook, anywhere so fans could look in on these events live. I get that the in-person exposure is something that should be reserved for ticket holders first (and the ability to ask questions), but what harm would it do to show these stops live online?

hawthy

The gist of the message in Calgary today was that the fan experience is the #1 priority.

I wonder how much it would cost to transform some of the empty endzone sections at McMahon into standing section with bar rails.
Can't speak for your fanbase, but the "olds" in Hamilton absolutely HATE the standing room areas.

Like hate beyond belief.

Of course, these are the same folks who complain that the average fan isn't young, and we should be promoting to the young folks.....

and for encore the "olds" in Hamilton complain ..... the music is too loud and they are showing fans on the screen instead of replays.

I love it!
The thing that has really contributed to making Ottawa's game day experience as good as any is that the stadium has open-concept spaces. I have my seat and I choose to sit and watch, but a lot of people, mostly younger, like to use games as a social event as much as a football game. It really is a party if you want it to be.

I'm sure the Stamps know whatever ails them, but I guess the question in Calgary might be how much more are they willing to sink in to McMahon? It's too bad that both the Flames and Stamps are in limbo with their facilities in that regard.

In any case, you need to cater to both the grey beards and the 20-something crowd. I had Hamilton pegged as a blue-collar, party crowd. I'm surprised.

TravelPat1

Well at least one CFL player is not pleased with some of the comments Ambrosie has been making on his media tour. 

http://3downnation.com/2018/02/07/cfl-player-speaks-lost-faith-randy-ambrosie/

DAN38

Well at least one CFL player is not pleased with some of the comments Ambrosie has been making on his media tour.

http://3downnation.com/2018/02/07/cfl-player-speaks-lost-faith-randy-ambrosie/
    The annual exodus from the CFL has proven time and time again that we don't need ya. If you don't like the CFL, go PLAY some place else...Let's look at who needs who. The players need the teams and the league to be able to play pro ball here. The teams and the league have many guys willing to take your spot if you aren't happy here. Quit the whining. You should be thankful you get paid to PLAY A GAME !
Si vis pacem... para bellum

OskeeweeneeVI

I agree Dan.  He wants to complain but he still wants his job so he stays anonymous.  He claims that players have no time to work in the off-season.  Guess he never heard of Jon Cornish.

Iconic SR

Full video of the Calgary stop:

https://www.stampeders.com/2018/02/06/randy-ambrosie-season-ticket-holder-luncheon/
Honestly, as awesome as it is that you're posting this (thank you, by the way), it's equally infuriating that, once again, the CFL fails at self-marketing. We are basically doing the work they are supposed to do.

There should have been a crew travelling with the guy, live streaming on CFL.CA, facebook, anywhere so fans could look in on these events live. I get that the in-person exposure is something that should be reserved for ticket holders first (and the ability to ask questions), but what harm would it do to show these stops live online?
I gotta agree here. These team stops on this road trip are valuable stuff - to both existing ticket holders along with prospective ones. Why isn't the CFL flogging this more?

Hammertown Proud

Like hate beyond belief.

I love it!
The thing that has really contributed to making Ottawa's game day experience as good as any is that the stadium has open-concept spaces. I have my seat and I choose to sit and watch, but a lot of people, mostly younger, like to use games as a social event as much as a football game. It really is a party if you want it to be.

I'm sure the Stamps know whatever ails them, but I guess the question in Calgary might be how much more are they willing to sink in to McMahon? It's too bad that both the Flames and Stamps are in limbo with their facilities in that regard.

In any case, you need to cater to both the grey beards and the 20-something crowd. I had Hamilton pegged as a blue-collar, party crowd. I'm surprised.
You would think...but that blue-collar crowd has aged, and now are a "get off my lawn" crowd.

I think there is a rule in Hamilton. The longer you have been a season ticket holder, the louder you think your voice should be heard.

The best stadium I've been to was the new Ottawa stadium. So much fun!

Users Online

74 Guests, 9 Users (4 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Ramrod, Sidney, SteelCitySteve, bobo82, everyman, Argo Tailgater, Google (3), Baidu

Most Online Today: 106. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)