Iconic SR

From all outward appearances it appears that there is no plan nor no stakeholders banding together to form a plan. Its an awkward situation. 

canadianfootballfan

Never realized what a rundown dump Mcmahon Stadium is. That team deserves a new stadium.
"deserves a new" has the connotation that somebody should give it to them.  A football team no more deserves a new stadium (or hockey teams a new arena) than a restaurant deserves a new kitchen, or a distribution centre a new warehouse, etc.
Ivor Wynne in Hamilton was used at least 20 years past its prime, and it wasn't until parts of it started falling off, and presenting a huge liability for the team and city, that everyone finally gave in and made a new one happen.  

I suspect something similar will happen in Calgary.

Hank01

Love to see Calgary put in new seats with Red , White and Grey combination .

It would add a little luster to the place and maybe give a little more comfort if the seats are big enough and spaced apart nicely . 

I am not huge (getting there ) but I like having enough room . 

I think it's the way to go for future fan comfort .

canadianfootballfan

The University of Calgary owns it, not the city, so upgrades and/or building a new one are a lot harder to fund.

The reason governments all over the world can justify funding stadiums is that it's not just for some pro team.  It's for the whole city/municipality.

I used to be a high school football coach at Scott Park school in the 90's, and we got to practice in Ivor Wynne virtually every day.  That would likely never happen at a privately owned stadium.

Users Online

113 Guests, 16 Users (16 Spiders, 5 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
KevinRiley2, tabbiefan72, bowl450, Augustus67, Onemoredork, ExPat, RichardVeilleux, RedandWhite, FootbalYouBet, slowhand, The Last Word, Google (AdSense) (10), Google (6)

Most Online Today: 189. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)