brianjoxx

When they were building Tim Hortons Field in Hamilton the original thought was to tear down the south and east stands and renovate the north stands to make it all seats.  But the concrete rows were too narrow and it would have been more expensive to try to modify that than tear it down and build an entirely new stadium.  
Wat!!!!!!!!! But Hamilton has tons of money. Easy for them to say! New buildings every where.   Calgary flames and stampers only made a profit of 12 million last year. Almost thought i should send them some extra money. Almost.
For now the bench seats are fine until a good deal is reached. Maybe buy stumps, do a community
purchase thing. Don't tell Burke I said this please. Hate to see a grown man cry twice in a week.

RedandWhite

There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

GernB

Have to admit Calgary could use more washrooms and a partial roof

A roof would be nice in s****y weather, but more and better washrooms and concessions is an absolute must!

GernB

And individual seats instead of benches, but that can't be done because of the size of the concrete rows or something apparently. It needs to be torn down.
Actually that can be done. New risers were installed directly over the old ones for the rows between the goal lines in the ~1985 renovation. There are 52 rows in the lower section end zone seats and 44 rows in the lower section between the goal lines.

Whether it's economic to do so again is another question.

RedandWhite

...more washrooms - heck yes
...better concessions - yes
...exterior facelift - yes
...change benches to seats - sure
...connect west and east stands via south bridge over clubhouse - hey, that'd be nifty
...corporate boxes - maybe, money is good
...roof - no, not even partial
...working ranch in north endzone - mmmmmm, no, but you gotta admit that'd be pretty cool

project.legacy

The Stampeders need a new stadium a lot more than the Flames need a new arena. Forgotten in the whole Calgary Arena bs is the Stamps.

RedandWhite

...in the business of Sports and Entertainment the Stamps are 10% of what the Flames are (revenue, market value, gate receipts, whatever metric you want to apply here)...so the analogy is what do you fix up first: the house or the cabin?....

project.legacy

...in the business of Sports and Entertainment the Stamps are 10% of what the Flames are (revenue, market value, gate receipts, whatever metric you want to apply here)...so the analogy is what do you fix up first: the house or the cabin?....
I'm not disagreeing, and I am more than well aware of the Flames revenue gains within CSEC. Just pointing out that the Stamps are being forgotten, and they're the ones who actually need help right now.

RedandWhite

...understood, and I don't disagree with you, the reality is though the stamps are the ugly child in this family affair...

brianjoxx

Cabins are good??!!!?? With a partial roof OVER PARTY AREA. Exterior is okay!!! Cheers

EastVanMark

Still nothing from Calgary regarding upgrades to the stadium

No major McMahon upgrades appear on the way

There was no word of a fieldhouse and nothing to suggest that substantial upgrades to McMahon Stadium are on the way – let alone an entirely new home for the Calgary Stampeders.

McMahon Stadium opened in 1961 and is one of the oldest in the CFL.

Currently, the Stampeders are without an indoor facility to practice.

In terms of football infrastructure, though, the lack of an indoor practice facility might be as important a question to the viability of Calgary successfully hosting a Grey Cup as any improvements to McMahon Stadium.

http://calgarysun.com/sports/football/no-major-mcmahon-upgrades-appear-on-the-way

brianjoxx

A roof would be nice in s****y weather, but more and better washrooms and concessions is an absolute must!
Actually very well said. Washrooms needed. Hear they have plans to upgrade again.

FootbalYouBet

naah, washrooms are not needed.  just cleanse your bowels 24hrs before every game and wear depends.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

I don't think I am always right, it just keeps turning out that way

rshmglsky

Catheters might be better in the cold weather.

Argofan13

Never realized what a rundown dump Mcmahon Stadium is. That team deserves a new stadium. 

Users Online

67 Guests, 15 Users (6 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
EastVanMark, DavidThompson, xlnt, yougottabekidding, Holy Mackinaw, mike619, KJF, CFL in QC, SeaFiddle, Lyle B. Style, letsgoticats, RichardVeilleux, Taleback, Augustus67, Google (AdSense) (2), Google (4)

Most Online Today: 154. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)