FootbalYouBet

cfl plays an international game every time they play in Toronto....bada bump
The worst thing about being on the west coast is that when I want to post at night, everyone else is asleep or passed out

brianjoxx

cfl plays an international game every time they play in Toronto....bada bump
Sweet

brihind88

Las Vegas would be about the best international site, drawing some of the thousands of Canadians in the city at any one time to the game, along with thousands of U.S. CFL fans who are scattered across America, but who follow the CFL on ESPN (it's not uncommon for a quarter million U.S. viewers to watch the entire 3-hour gamecast, which suggests the total number of unique viewers could reach 1 million or more per game.)

Some of these passionate American fans might make a CFL weekend sojourn to LV just like some Canadian fans of the teams playing (an example might be the Riders fans who congregate in Phoenix to watch a NHL game each year featuring some Sask. players). It might not be far-fetched to draw 15,000-20,000 for an exhibition game in LV, like the league did with it's game in Portland in '93.

The CFL also played a game in NYC and other U.S. cities. Other locations might include Boise, Grand Rapids, Rochester and Portland.

It's kind of ridiculous to contemplate playing CFL games across the pond, unless it was against a NFL team (flag football?) for charity, concussion research, etc.
I like the idea of some games being played in Boise, Grand Rapids, Portland...maybe...Hartford...
I just kinked my neck from shaking my head.

Then I rolled my eyes so much , I got dizzy . 

brianjoxx

However LOVE to see an international game!! Where not sure. Why not!!!

brihind88

Why not ?

Because there is no point or benefit to it.

brianjoxx

Why not ?

Because there is no point or benefit to it.
Nice BUT, lots of points, explore TV reviews, new chances!!! Never NO!!!

No expand to dead valley>>>>>Halifax. NHL to Vegas!!! FAILURE!! Not
Dreams are good but money talks. They still have NHL Al-star Game, must do something
Yes try to promote and move upwards.

Nick 1963

Have to agree with Nick, would take many years of much more exposure.  But even then, the Brits would still consider it "American" football.  
Association Football will always be "king" in the UK, but there is plenty of support for the other football codes, and other sports in general. We are a very sporting nation, arguably supporting a wider spread of sports than any other nation; and there is plenty of room for sports which are not traditionally viewed as British.
There is a hardcore support for the NHL, NBA and NFL; so there is no reason to think that given time the CFL couldn't "break" into the UK market also.
However, as we have agreed, it would take a couple of decades of getting the CFL shown on UK television before it would be wise to play a game here.

Users Online

74 Guests, 10 Users (4 Spiders, 1 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
shadowski, Palmer, Ramrod, toddstattoo, raymarkca, Sidney, SteelCitySteve, bobo82, everyman, Google (2), Baidu, Alexa

Most Online Today: 106. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)