Mark

You honestly believe this woman didnt know why she was  being hired in the first place?
...yes, I honestly believe that the job application did not include 'sleeping in the same bed as your boss while only wearing lingerie' and that role got added to the position after she signed on, and she felt pressured to comply...
I'm with you here.  Even if she should have said no - and she should have off the bat - the power imbalance and vulnerability make the boss fully culpable.

When discussing ethics, you don't divide the blame by saying one person is 75% responsible and the other 25%. Moon is 100% responsible for whatever he did and Haskell is 100% responsible for what she did.

What one does do is then determine the severity of the acts that each did.  The boss loses on this equation almost every time. However, sometimes it really is a case of "a pox on both their houses".

Grover

Hall of Fame QB Warren Moon calls sexual harassment claims ‘meritless’

http://3downnation.com/2017/12/07/hall-fame-qb-warren-moon-calls-sexual-harassment-claims-meritless/

Moon says he hasn’t be served with the lawsuit, but he is aware of the claims and denies them.
“Mr. Moon contends these claims are meritless, and he has every intention to vigorously defend himself in court,” said a statement from Moon’s lawyer Daniel Fears.

None of the allegations have been proven in court.
The Canadian Press does not normally name alleged victims of sexual assault, but Fitzgerald & Isaacson, the law firm representing Haskell, said its client had agreed to go public.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

depopulationINC

Just awful if true. This was a player Johnny greatly admired.  :'(

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hall-of-famer-warren-moon-facing-lewd-allegations-in-sexual-harassment-lawsuit/
Sounds like she accepted a job to be a hooker, and now doesn’t like being a hooker and now somebody has to pay for her decision to be a hooker? Both their behaviour is pretty disgusting and this is a total $ play from her.

There ARE other jobs out there.

If this thing sticks Moon should be punted out of the HOF and off sports media. Horrible role model.
Sorry, but that is BS.  She was established in the field well before taking the job.  It was career advancement.

She also reported to a superior on this, so it is not like she went for a cheap shot on it.
depopulationINC,

I wonder which 'superior' she reported her complaints to. According to the article, Moon is the owner of the company and told her that if she didn't want to do what was asked of her, then he would "find someone else who was" willing.

If true it is a case of abuse of power for sure in my opinion.   What I would wonder is when these expectations were met by the female did she continue working for Moon and if so for how long?   This is probably what Moon's lawyers will go after.  

I don't agree that she accepted the job as Moon's hooker but I'd be interested in knowing how much of " what's in it for me if I go along with Moon's terms/conditions of employment".  Just thinking out loud.
She. apparently, reported it to the CEO.  Moon is not the sole proprietor, not the only founding member of the company.  Moon is the 2nd ranking person in the company.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/retired-nfl-star-warren-moon-is-sued-for-sexual-harassment/ar-BBGjPtC?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

The plaintiff, Wendy Haskell, 32, was hired as Moon's executive assistant in July and traveled with him on a weekly basis for speaking engagements, charity events and personal appearances, according to the lawsuit. She alleges that she was demoted by the firm in October after she complained about Moon's sexual advances.

She reported it to the CEO and was told she would be transitioned to a different role after a trip in October.  She was transfer to a lower position.  That is complete BS.

http://www.tampabay.com/hall-of-fame-quarterback-warren-moon-sued-for-sex-harassment-ap_sports3cf062bbfcf648d194a5b60f5aa77d8c

The lawsuit claims that Haskell reported Moon's behavior to Sports 1 Marketing CEO David Meltzer but the company did not investigate her claims. Haskell says she was demoted after making the complaints.
(I apologize, I do didn't dig up the link that claimed she was promised to be transitioned to a new role via the CEO.  I was reading it last night....may have been on a tablet or something as it is not in my history here)

Some of the statements here, and I am not pointing at you, are pretty grotesque.  It was an expected part of her job?  She is not some trash person that was in desperate need.  She had an established history of working with different teams (ie commentator for Bills) and has a fricken doctorate.  It is very clear she was on a career path that this was an apparently good opportunity to advance and some people act like she only got it to be a fricken toy for Moon.  Pretty sickening, whether the allegations are true are not...and I am not saying they are.

everyman

Moon also reached an out of court settlement with a cheerleader in Minnesota in the 1990's who lodged a complaint that he offered her money for sex.

A  few years ago he got busted for a DUI while cruising thru the prostitution district in Seattle

There were lots of whispers in Edmonton about his behavior in Edmonton back in the day too but back then the reporters, public and police were much more forgiving.

Iconic SR

There must be so much more to this story. People quit all sorts of jobs if their ethics, morals, or values are being compromised or challenged. Moon apparently has this history following him. So why then do two professional adults allow it to get this far?

$

Braleyneedstogo

Do you honestly believe the Buffalo Bills hired her for any other reason thsn her looks? Do you think she worked for Warren Moon under these ridiculous circumstsnces despite having multiple other offers on the table. She kept working for him, because she knew that it was the only way to stay employed. Still beats the hell out of selling yourself on Backpage. If she losses this lawsuit, she will wish that she had kept her old job. Backpage is always hiring. With her looks and notority, she can probably charge 200 for half an hour.
Moon is a dog.. no doubt. However she is just as ugly. She should go get a real job with her PHd.

depopulationINC

Do you honestly believe the Buffalo Bills hired her for any other reason thsn her looks? Do you think she worked for Warren Moon under these ridiculous circumstsnces despite having multiple other offers on the table. She kept working for him, because she knew that it was the only way to stay employed. Still beats the hell out of selling yourself on Backpage. If she losses this lawsuit, she will wish that she had kept her old job. Backpage is always hiring. With her looks and notority, she can probably charge 200 for half an hour.
Moon is a dog.. no doubt. However she is just as ugly. She should go get a real job with her PHd.
And?  So what if they hired an attractive person to do PR and such?  Are you trying to say that is inappropriate?  News flash...attractive people gets these shots.  She "kept working for him" for what sounds to be about a couple of months before she went to the CEO and when she was demoted as a response to that filed with a lawyer.  She was in a nasty situation and being manipulated by her boss...she tried dealing with that...it never improved...she went above him...she was punished.  Don't try to make it sound like she was there taking this for a few years or something....she acted on it relatively quickly.  Absolutely disgusting that some want to try to pin this as her fault some how...shaming the victim is what is wrong with a lot of the world...that is just messed up.

pikk

This would only be the second worst thing  he has done.
Beating his wife was worse.
He did wrong with his wife and he pleaded guilt and took support programs.

Please be careful with words. Moon admitted to slapping her which is wrong for sure.
But on the other hand was NOT a  Beating like videoed from other NFL players cases.
Not RIGHT for sure. Definition of beating someone can carry different meanings.
Pregnant GF showing up at home??

EastVanMark

This would only be the second worst thing  he has done.
Beating his wife was worse.
Pregnant GF showing up at home??
Hate when that happens.

brihind88

BS, I do not believe a word of it.

Very far fetched to be real.

Once he is cleared, he should drag her into court for slander.

Plus she should pay the court costs.

FootbalYouBet

was warren married at the time?  if so, then at the very least, he is guilty of adultery.

I believe that he did what she says.  Just not so sure she did not agree to anything
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

BCRiderFan

Okay, we've got a post thats ridiculously sexist and offensive. Can we get this clown banned please?
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions

EastVanMark

Well somebody's credibility is about to go down the tubes:

Moon claims sexual harassment accuser demanded $3 million to remain quiet

“We got a demand letter that says they want $3 million and that all these different accusations that she made up, ‘We’re going public with this if you don’t pay us $3 million,’”

Moon says the letter, e-mailed Nov. 18, stated, “If you don’t pay $3 million by Dec. 5, we’re going to go public with these allegations.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2017/12/21/warren-moon-claims-sexual-harassment-accuser-demanded-3-million/975308001/

depopulationINC

Well somebody's credibility is about to go down the tubes:

Moon claims sexual harassment accuser demanded $3 million to remain quiet

“We got a demand letter that says they want $3 million and that all these different accusations that she made up, ‘We’re going public with this if you don’t pay us $3 million,’”

Moon says the letter, e-mailed Nov. 18, stated, “If you don’t pay $3 million by Dec. 5, we’re going to go public with these allegations.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2017/12/21/warren-moon-claims-sexual-harassment-accuser-demanded-3-million/975308001/
She was demoted after addressing inappropriate behavior.....she wants to be compensated for that....hate to break it to you, but that is exactly what a civil case is...going after cash as a repercussion to those actions.  So she basically said pay up now or we get it from you in court.  This is 100% normal in the process of Civil litigation and almost all situations are handled like this.  There is no "criminal" consequences directly from a Civil case, though a judge may lay charges through its course.

"all these different accusations that she made up" is a comment from Moon's party, NOT the letter.  

Why do people go after things like this in Civil cases...
1 - to get compensation, which also pays the huge legal fees
2 - it provides the perception of guilt to the public
3 - In a very simplistic way of looking at it, a Civil Law case only needs to prove damage, while a Common Law case needs to prove guilt.  Assuming she documented going to the CEO and being demoted (which would seem pretty cut and dry) this should be a pretty easy win.

The pre existing relationship may cause muddy waters....it doesnt change the fact that he was her boss and acting inappropriately.  If she went above him she clearly was not comfortable with the situation.  From previous readings it rather makes it sound like he made it clear to play ball or be out, and that is abuse of his position.

beaglehound

Depop,

You have said, "it doesnt change the fact that he was her boss and acting inappropriately." Yes, he was her boss.  I have no problem with that been factual but how is it a "fact" that he acted inappropriately.  I'm just being the devil's advocate here.  

Users Online

71 Guests, 8 Users (5 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
VICIOUSCIRCLE, ExPat, Niagara Als, Reggiemac, SeaFiddle, of course, MrLucky, Mightygoose, Google (5)

Most Online Today: 141. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)