beaglehound

Just so sick of all of these people complaining about something they signed up for. Its like a ditch digger complaining that they have muddy boots.
Not sure I agree with you Braley.  Sexual harassment on the job is a very serious issue in the work place.  That is why there are laws protecting women [and men].  

However, with such allegations what needs to come out are several considerations:

1. Was the so called "victim" actually a victim or a willing participant who saw consenting to certain behaviour a means to an end.  In Hollywood, there are females wanting to be recognized and advance their careers who will use their feminine wiles to achieve their goals. Conversely, there are those in a position of power [male directors for example] who use their position of power to get what they want because they know they are the gate keepers and can stop someone's career dead in its tracks.

2. When does consent [for whatever reason] by the female become sexual harassment?  When the relationship goes south?  

In Moon's case I've no idea wether the accuser has a basis for her allegations.  Eventually we will know and Moon will either be exonerated, found guilty or the thing doesn't make it to trial because it gets settled out of court for an undisclosed amount of money.

RedandWhite

How is mistreating a prostitute worse than beating your wife?
OK, I'll bite. How?
...I read it that BNTG is saying they are both unacceptable...equal in terribleness...at least I hope that is what he meant, because if he means it the way you read it Dave then that is just wrong....
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

beaglehound

You honestly believe this woman didnt know why she was  being hired in the first place?
...yes, I honestly believe that the job application did not include 'sleeping in the same bed as your boss while only wearing lingerie' and that role got added to the position after she signed on, and she felt pressured to comply...
Red,

When I go out of town with the "boss" I have to sleep in the boss's bed.  My wife won't go on a holiday with me if I don't share the bed with her. 

depopulationINC

Just awful if true. This was a player Johnny greatly admired.  :'(

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hall-of-famer-warren-moon-facing-lewd-allegations-in-sexual-harassment-lawsuit/
Sounds like she accepted a job to be a hooker, and now doesn’t like being a hooker and now somebody has to pay for her decision to be a hooker? Both their behaviour is pretty disgusting and this is a total $ play from her.

There ARE other jobs out there.

If this thing sticks Moon should be punted out of the HOF and off sports media. Horrible role model.
Sorry, but that is BS.  She was established in the field well before taking the job.  It was career advancement.

She also reported to a superior on this, so it is not like she went for a cheap shot on it.

beaglehound

Just awful if true. This was a player Johnny greatly admired.  :'(

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/hall-of-famer-warren-moon-facing-lewd-allegations-in-sexual-harassment-lawsuit/
Sounds like she accepted a job to be a hooker, and now doesn’t like being a hooker and now somebody has to pay for her decision to be a hooker? Both their behaviour is pretty disgusting and this is a total $ play from her.

There ARE other jobs out there.

If this thing sticks Moon should be punted out of the HOF and off sports media. Horrible role model.
Sorry, but that is BS.  She was established in the field well before taking the job.  It was career advancement.

She also reported to a superior on this, so it is not like she went for a cheap shot on it.
depopulationINC,

I wonder which 'superior' she reported her complaints to. According to the article, Moon is the owner of the company and told her that if she didn't want to do what was asked of her, then he would "find someone else who was" willing.

If true it is a case of abuse of power for sure in my opinion.   What I would wonder is when these expectations were met by the female did she continue working for Moon and if so for how long?   This is probably what Moon's lawyers will go after.  

I don't agree that she accepted the job as Moon's hooker but I'd be interested in knowing how much of " what's in it for me if I go along with Moon's terms/conditions of employment".  Just thinking out loud.

Braleyneedstogo

Im sure there was hundreds of applicants more qualified than her.She would fully know why she was hired.

RedandWhite

...you don't know squat

PTBO Dave

How is mistreating a prostitute worse than beating your wife?
OK, I'll bite. How?
...I read it that BNTG is saying they are both unacceptable...equal in terribleness...at least I hope that is what he meant, because if he means it the way you read it Dave then that is just wrong....
Actually I read it as BNTG misreading Iconic's agreement as disagreement and wanted to see where it'd go from there.  ;D

Grover

I wonder what she was thinking while she packing this skimpy lingerie for her "business trip"??

Sure there are lots of guys that use their position of power to take advantage of women,
but by the same token,
There are lots of Women that use their attractiveness and suggestive signals to take advantage of men.

This whole scenario could have been consensual at the time if it even happened or even just fabricated by a disgruntled women/employee

Never underestimate the power of the scent of a woman.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

bobo82

I wonder what she was thinking while she packing this skimpy lingerie for her "business trip"??

Sure there are lots of guys that use their position of power to take advantage of women,
but by the same token,
There are lots of Women that use their attractiveness and suggestive signals to take advantage of men.

This whole scenario could have been consensual at the time if it even happened or even just fabricated by a disgruntled women/employee

Never underestimate the power of the scent of a woman.
Grover , you can hardly call this women attractive  :o   :o Kind of a plain Jane type if you ask me . ::)  ::) I'm sure her looks had "nothing" to do with her getting the job 8).
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

brianjoxx

This would only be the second worst thing  he has done.
Beating his wife was worse.
He did wrong with his wife and he pleaded guilt and took support programs.

Please be careful with words. Moon admitted to slapping her which is wrong for sure.
But on the other hand was NOT a  Beating like videoed from other NFL players cases.
Not RIGHT for sure. Definition of beating someone can carry different meanings.

EastVanMark

Pretty much lost any credibility when she said she was "forced to wear lingerie" and made reference to sleeping in the same room on business trips.

2 questions: how do you end up in the same room on business trips?
                  why did you pack lingerie when you went on the "business" trip?

This reeks to high heaven of someone who made the choice to take part in certain activities, then when things didn't work out the way she liked, she came up with a trumped up accusation

brianjoxx

Another note: This is not a criminal charge.

If you have been a victim of sexual harassment in the workplace, you may be entitled to compensation. You may have a claim for sexual harassment if you’ve been subjected to unwelcome sexual advances, comments or actions of a sexual nature, or offensive comments about your gender at work.

A court may also award punitive damages in an effort to punish the employer for particularly bad behavior. Punitive damages are available if your employer was aware of the harassment but didn’t take any steps to correct the situation.

RedandWhite

Pretty much lost any credibility when she said she was "forced to wear lingerie" and made reference to sleeping in the same room on business trips.

This reeks to high heaven of someone who made the choice to take part in certain activities, then when things didn't work out the way she liked, she came up with a trumped up accusation
...whoa whoa whoa, I never wrote what you quoted up there...let's be careful with the quote function eh...

EastVanMark

...whoa whoa whoa, I never wrote what you quoted up there...let's be careful with the quote function eh...
Sorry R&W, it wouldn't let me edit it the way I wanted to and that was the end result. Fixed it now

Users Online

90 Guests, 11 Users (19 Spiders, 2 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
TravelPat1, sth1988, sully, Balticfox, Mightygoose, Garney 26, ExPat, ThomasE, rshmglsky, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (14)

Most Online Today: 134. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)