letsgoticats

The recent financial success of the Ticats indicates that the current generation of fans would support a Grey Cup.  I'm not sure how one experience 25 years ago in an already decrepit stadium proves anything.   Hamilton has changed quite a bit in the past quarter century.

Nice of you to result to some mean-spirited insults to an entire city in order to try and prove your point.
Oh come on...  I'm a Ticat supporter, too. :)
Weird.  Doesn't really seem like it.

If you haven't noticed the huge increase in attendance/enthusiasm/spending by fans in Hamilton between 1996 and today, then I don't know what to tell you.  It's still not really clear why you think a Grey Cup would fail.  You're only reasoning seems to be because the last one failed 25 years ago.  

KevinRiley2

The recent financial success of the Ticats indicates that the current generation of fans would support a Grey Cup.  I'm not sure how one experience 25 years ago in an already decrepit stadium proves anything.   Hamilton has changed quite a bit in the past quarter century.

Nice of you to result to some mean-spirited insults to an entire city in order to try and prove your point.
Weird.  Doesn't really seem like it.

If you haven't noticed the huge increase in attendance/enthusiasm/spending by fans in Hamilton between 1996 and today, then I don't know what to tell you.  It's still not really clear why you think a Grey Cup would fail.  You're only reasoning seems to be because the last one failed 25 years ago.  
It's because I know a TON of Ticat fans and only a handful would be willing to pay $400+ for a ticket to an outdoor Grey Cup in Hamilton in November.

As I said, there is a reason Bob Young has avoided hosting a Grey Cup... 

He knows it will fail.
* Kevin Riley = The moral conscience AND movie reviewer for cfl.ca.  :)
* When in doubt, always ask (WWKD) What Would Kevin Do?
* Forgive me for always taking the High Road.  It's the ONLY Road I know.

letsgoticats

If you haven't noticed the huge increase in attendance/enthusiasm/spending by fans in Hamilton between 1996 and today, then I don't know what to tell you.  It's still not really clear why you think a Grey Cup would fail.  You're only reasoning seems to be because the last one failed 25 years ago.  
It's because I know a TON of Ticat fans and only a handful would be willing to pay $400+ for a ticket to an outdoor Grey Cup in Hamilton in November.

He knows it will fail.
He hasn't had a venue that's able to host it.  He can't bid on a Grey Cup until the legal issues are settled.  

KevinRiley2

He knows it will fail.
He hasn't had a venue that's able to host it.  He can't bid on a Grey Cup until the legal issues are settled.  
Fair enough.  :)

RedandWhite

...back to a GC on YYC in 2019...count me in...maybe take my grandson to his first GC...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

everyman

...back to a GC on YYC in 2019...count me in...maybe take my grandson to his first GC...
Not sure what YYC means but I agree and think Calgary would be a great host for GC in 2019. The stadium would pose no problems particularly if they created a party zone with food services and washrooms in an end zone area. Many Calgarians love to drink, eat, and party. They wouldn't object to some new age temporary washrooms thereby freeing up the concourse areas.

Mightygoose

Not sure what YYC means but I agree and think Calgary would be a great host for GC in 2019. The stadium would pose no problems particularly if they created a party zone with food services and washrooms in an end zone area. Many Calgarians love to drink, eat, and party. They wouldn't object to some new age temporary washrooms thereby freeing up the concourse areas.
YYC is Calgary's airport code and agreed it will do a good job hosting.

everyman

The GC is going to be held at the airport? 

Mightygoose

That would be quite the spectacle if the game was played there..lol

But no, sometimes people use the airport code as an abbreviation when referring to the city so in Calgary's case they use YYC

Not so fun fact: Cities with multiple airports will have different codes. YYZ is referred to as Toronto's code though that is only the code for Pearson Airport. Toronto's actual city code is YTO....virtually no one outside of the travel/airline industry knows this!

RedandWhite

...in YYC...not on YYC...my bad...

KevinRiley2

Hey!  What happened to all my cute little memes?  ;)

RedandWhite

...I suspect overkill Kevin...

KevinRiley2

...I suspect overkill Kevin...
Me ?!?!?!

I can't believe that.  :)

brianjoxx

Would be nice. Close by and very reasonable tickets like Edmonton

yougottabekidding

I've been to almost 20 Grey Cups since 1991 and I can honestly say the 2009 Cup in Calgary was easily the worst I have experienced.  The Fire Marshalls did everything possible to make the downtown party venues a disaster and you could see them laughing as they moved in on the Spirit Room and Tiger Town to hustle people out to get down to their ridiculous load limits which, when achieved, made the rooms feels empty and flat. 

As well, McMahon is woefully inadequate as a facility to host 10,000 more fans than it's normal capacity, especially a crowd that's amped up and ready to have fun.  Drink/biffy lineups were absurd...many missed entire quarters just so they could get a hot dog or a beer.  My buddy and I left at halftime and watched the 2nd half at his place because it was so unpleasant.

Got nothing against the city or club but that Cup, their most recent host, was a disaster...although the game was somewhat amusing...especially the ending.

So, no thanks to a Cup in Calgary until they at least get a new park or a new Fire Chief.

Users Online

75 Guests, 3 Users (13 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
mycko75, Cool, drummer_god, Google (13)

Most Online Today: 137. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)