depopulationINC

http://3downnation.com/2018/04/16/stampeders-roy-finch-accused-assaulting-police-officers-oklahoma/

The CFL’s reigning Most Outstanding Special Teams Player Roy Finch has been accused of assaulting police officers in Edmond, Oklahoma.
According to the Fox News affiliate, police were called to a residential area at around 6:30 a.m. on April 15 after receiving a report that a car had been parked and idling for more than an hour.
From the story via OKCFox.com:
Police arrived on scene and made contact with Roy Finch, 26. Officers noted an odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle. When officers were attempting to place Finch in custody on a marijuana complaint he allegedly swung at one of them. While attempting to restrain him, Finch was able to get away from custody and run through the complex.
A perimeter was set up and he was found near the south gate of the complex. A second altercation between officers and Finch then occurred. At one point, Finch was hit in the back with a taser. Officers were eventually able to get him to the ground but unable to place him in handcuffs.
Officers used the “drive stun” on their taser and were eventually able to place him into custody. Edmond police say that Finch received lacerations to the right side of his face during the struggle.
Finch has been charged with assault and battery of an officer, resisting arrest and possession of marijuana.
Police dash cam video has been released.
Finch apparently has other legal problems as well. From a story in the Norman Transcript:
Court records indicate other legal issues for Finch, who had a March 12 court appearance in Lincoln County on one count of possession of a controlled dangerous substance and reckless driving. He was due back in court Monday.
The 26-year-old had a stellar season in 2018, leading the CFL in punt return yards (1,200) and yards per return (16.4 among players with a minimum of five tries) and his 103-yard effort for a touchdown in Week 7 against Toronto was the longest punt return so far this season. Those totals earned Finch the Most Outstanding Special Teams Player award. He’s a dynamic weapon on offence too, producing 114 rush yards on 21 carries and recording 18 receptions for 133 yards, including 79 yards after the catch.
Finch signed a two-year extension with Calgary in February.

brianjoxx

Now he will play the black card. Sad.
Oh, really.  With all the privileges and special treatment that buys you in the US justice system, right?
Someone from in the building called police, so they responded as they should or NO!!

Why would you not follow officers instruction and why run!! That'll help things for sure.
There is another video which catches the first part of action, officer hit/punched.
How play that black card again. Wrong is normally wrong.

prairiewolf77

Very unfortunate, and from the video I saw, it only shows the end of the altercation.
Hope the whole story comes out.

Jerome messam on twitter, while stating he didn't have the full story and situation, implied the race card at the same time.

Only hope this wasn't the case.

Hopefully, this gets properly investigated.

depopulationINC

Very unfortunate, and from the video I saw, it only shows the end of the altercation.
Hope the whole story comes out.

Jerome messam on twitter, while stating he didn't have the full story and situation, implied the race card at the same time.

Only hope this wasn't the case.

Hopefully, this gets properly investigated.
Yeah...Messam looks bad there IMO.  They joys if social media.

Cops responded to a call regarding a concern...it resulted in Finch running through the compound trying to evade.  Whether the cops were right in trying to deal with suspicion if put as soon as he takes off he is pooched.  Are police to ignore the complaint?  It is not like there was profiling here...it was a concerned citizen calling it in.

rpaege

...I like everybody else have no idea what actually happened here BUT I do know that while I don't smoke it personally myself that smoking pot does not normally make one violent.....especially violent enough to allegedly take a swing at a cop . I'm thinking that maybe Mr Finch might of had a few other more potent chemicals in his system than just some harmless THC .

I'm thinking that there is more to this story here than meets the eye .

Or, maybe he is only guilty of being out in public while Black, and/or the cops are lying. Or, maybe there is much LESS to the story than meets the eye.

Black people (men, women, and children) being gunned down, harassed, arrested for no good reason happens ALL THE TIME, every day in the U.S. Until all the facts are known and the man has his day in court there is no reason to believe this isn't just another case of racism by cop.

RedandWhite

there is no reason to believe this isn't just another case of racism by cop.
...thing is, based on what is known there no reason to believe it is either...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

everyman

Please explain...what is it that is "known"?

FootbalYouBet

a man ran from the cops and got taken down.
Crush cream soda is oh so good.  I think I'll have another

everyman

a man ran from the cops and got taken down.
Haha...well that seems to be true.

RedandWhite

..basically, everything else is pure speculation at this point

rpaege

That's exactly right, but you missed my point, which was made in response to a different post that stated "I'm thinking that maybe Mr Finch might of had a few other more potent chemicals in his system than just some harmless THC."

RedandWhite

...okay, but when the point goes from other chemical substances to racism in the blink of an eye and with no apparent connection you can, I hope, see how the point can be lost...

...I think all we can take away from this right now is what is seen in the video and that the police feel they have enough to charge Finch with some crimes....anything else (racism, additional drugs, whatever he was doing leading up to the arrest, etc.) is speculative...

everyman

...okay, but when the point goes from other chemical substances to racism in the blink of an eye and with no apparent connection you can, I hope, see how the point can be lost...

...I think all we can take away from this right now is what is seen in the video and that the police feel they have enough to charge Finch with some crimes....anything else (racism, additional drugs, whatever he was doing leading up to the arrest, etc.) is speculative...
Yup agree.

Does seem that this city either has a lot of cops, aren't very busy or they just happened to be in the same neighborhood at the same time.
10 or more quickly in there? 5-6 cars?

I do  think Hufs standard response was correct. Same as he did last year for Tommie Campbell who they let walk at season's end.  

CFL Pete

Roy Finch was underused in the Grey Cup.  He caught only a couple of passes for gains but a long one was nullified for holding.  You can see the rot setting in in Calgary.  Character, character, character.

bobo82

Does seem that this city either has a lot of cops, aren't very busy or they just happened to be in the same neighborhood at the same time.
10 or more quickly in there? 5-6 cars?

They were probably all at the local neighbourhood Donut Shop .  :D

In fact here is a new recently released photo from across the street from the complex taken just minutes before Finch got arrested .  ;D
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

Users Online

65 Guests, 1 User (3 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
EastVanMark, Google (3)

Most Online Today: 105. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)