RedandWhite

http://calgaryherald.com/sports/football/stamps-star-roy-finch-arrested-in-oklahoma/wcm/2aa84e6a-02c5-4020-b3ee-885f625fd0d0

...drug possession, evading arrest, assaulting a cop etc. etc....dramatic take down video even...dude can out juke 90% of the CFL but can't escape some oklahoma cops...evidence that weed is not performance enhancing...not going to end up well for ol' Roy I would think...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

Abendschan

rshmglsky

It was no kick return touch down, but apparently he did manage to out into the complex before police apprehended him.

rshmglsky

On a human level I'm not saying what Roy Finch did was excusable, but society is only starting to realize illicit drug possession/consumption is a health matter, not something that should be prosecuted. 

Abendschan

On a human level I'm not saying what Roy Finch did was excusable, but society is only starting to realize illicit drug possession/consumption is a health matter, not something that should be prosecuted.
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/canadas-liberal-party-considers-decriminalization-of-all-illicit-drugs/ar-AAvWfpR?ocid=spartandhp

Trudeau comments on the said topic in the link above.

rshmglsky

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/canadas-liberal-party-considers-decriminalization-of-all-illicit-drugs/ar-AAvWfpR?ocid=spartandhp

Trudeau comments on the said topic in the link above.
Yes, I read that earlier.

everyman

Crap.
Given what sometimes happens down there he is lucky he wasn't gunned down. 

ArgoT

Crap.
Given what sometimes happens down there he is lucky he wasn't gunned down.
Sad it is.
However it still all comes down to personal responsibility in life.

bobo82

Wow . That footage from the policecam , just like on the field on a kick return it took 12 guys to bring him down . I also have to say that looking at Finch's mug shot that his face looked like he got a good tuning up while in custody .  :o Now I like everybody else have no idea what actually happened here BUT I do know that while I don't smoke it personally myself that smoking pot does not normally make one violent.....especially violent enough to allegedly take a swing at a cop . I'm thinking that maybe Mr Finch might of had a few other more potent chemicals in his system than just some harmless THC .

I'm thinking that there is more to this story here than meets the eye . I also have to agree with others that with the gun loving mentality in the States that Finch was very lucky not to have wound up on a slab in the morgue with more than a few bullet holes in him instead of just a banged up bruised head and a swollen eye . 

15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

RedandWhite

I also have to say that looking at Finch's mug shot that his face looked like he got a good tuning up while in custody .
...watch the video again, he got his face slammed when the officer tackled him

brianjoxx

Wow . That footage from the policecam , just like on the field on a kick return it took 12 guys to bring him down . I also have to say that looking at Finch's mug shot that his face looked like he got a good tuning up while in custody .  :o Now I like everybody else have no idea what actually happened here BUT I do know that while I don't smoke it personally myself that smoking pot does not normally make one violent.....especially violent enough to allegedly take a swing at a cop . I'm thinking that maybe Mr Finch might of had a few other more potent chemicals in his system than just some harmless THC .

I'm thinking that there is more to this story here than meets the eye . I also have to agree with others that with the gun loving mentality in the States that Finch was very lucky not to have wound up on a slab in the morgue with more than a few bullet holes in him instead of just a banged up bruised head and a swollen eye .

NO the one police officer made a great tackle and took him down. Then need help to pull hands backwards for hand cuffing. All Roy had to do was step out of the vehicle place hands behind back and be hand cuffed, place in police cruiser, site quietly as police check his identification. Small ticket issued then released. But No run away from your car and fight police which is a lose-lose situation.
Now he will play the black card. Sad.

Eskylo

Must be two videos, because what I saw was an overly aggressive cop
Throwing a little guy face down into the pavement.

depopulationINC

Wow . That footage from the policecam , just like on the field on a kick return it took 12 guys to bring him down . I also have to say that looking at Finch's mug shot that his face looked like he got a good tuning up while in custody .  :o Now I like everybody else have no idea what actually happened here BUT I do know that while I don't smoke it personally myself that smoking pot does not normally make one violent.....especially violent enough to allegedly take a swing at a cop . I'm thinking that maybe Mr Finch might of had a few other more potent chemicals in his system than just some harmless THC .

NO the one police officer made a great tackle and took him down. Then need help to pull hands backwards for hand cuffing. All Roy had to do was step out of the vehicle place hands behind back and be hand cuffed, place in police cruiser, site quietly as police check his identification. Small ticket issued then released. But No run away from your car and fight police which is a lose-lose situation.
Pretty much.  I am not going to pretend it is easy being black in the US nor that they are always treated equally, but if a cop approaches you then you pretty much have to comply, and at minimum, if you tun you are done for, whether they should have been approaching you or not.

ExPat

Oh, really.  With all the privileges and special treatment that buys you in the US justice system, right?

depopulationINC

Must be two videos, because what I saw was an overly aggressive cop
Throwing a little guy face down into the pavement.
Well, it was clearly a support cruiser that was showing up after the incident was started that they have released video from.  There were at least 3 there.  So yeah...obviously it is not the full incident on video there.  You can clearly see he is resisting....yeah, a cop is going to get pissed off and physical enough to end the situation when that happens.  No idea if the cops stepping in in the first place was right or not...but if you resist you are going to get hurt.

Users Online

59 Guests, 0 Users (11 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Google (11)

Most Online Today: 105. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)