Lyle B. Style

You can interpret my answer Mr. Moses any way you wish to.  That is your perogative.  You simply asked a question and I simply answered.  I can attend any CFL game if I wish just as I could attend any concert if I wish.  We all make choices on how we spend our entertainment dollars and time.  Perhaps I should have kept it simply simple like that as an answer.  I don't pretend to be able to answer everyone's questions of me in a manner that they wish.  Guilty of that no question.
Earl - your takes on Cable vs. Live are amongst the very finest and most cogent I've read - anywhere!

WAITING FOR A  MIRACLE - 27 YEARS, COUNTING!

brihind88

Can anyone in the east challenge for the Grey Cup? I haven't seen an east team play a full 60 minute game yet which is what cost the Argos in this game.
At this point, we are looking at a Calgary - Edmonton Grey Cup.

Although the Bombers scare me to death. ( with Nichols ).

Having said that, my predictions normally go opposite.

I may have just jinxed 3 teams. 

Lyle B. Style

Can anyone in the east challenge for the Grey Cup? I haven't seen an east team play a full 60 minute game yet which is what cost the Argos in this game.
At this point, we are looking at a Calgary - Edmonton Grey Cup.

Although the Bombers scare me to death. ( with Nichols ).

Having said that, my predictions normally go opposite.

I may have just jinxed 3 teams.
Right now, other than Calgary the Bombers are the only team guaranteed a playoff spot - and yet I find them the least scariest. Very predictable and soft defense - an o-line that somehow managed to get their prime asset (Nichols) slaughtered and a kicker who's rapidly losing power to his leg - and confidence.

Frankly, other than Calgary - Hamilton (if they can somehow cobble thru) and Regina (as Brando Bridge develops) scare me more than either Edmonton or Toronto.

Hamilton's biggest task is winning out. They don't have much leash left as they're being raised from the depths of the sewer system.

depopulationINC

I think Toronto is very capable of winning the east and challenging for the cup.  On an average day, Toronto would likely be outmatched by Calgary or Winnipeg....but when Toronto is on they are a tough team.  They have a strong D and if Ray is on he is still great.

dcmoses

I think Toronto is very capable of winning the east and challenging for the cup.  On an average day, Toronto would likely be outmatched by Calgary or Winnipeg....but when Toronto is on they are a tough team.  They have a strong D and if Ray is on he is still great.
I am quite happy with where the Argos are at this point in the season. They have had more success than I expected in Trestman's first season, but I don't see that success translating into a Grey Cup. I'm surprised they are competing for 1st in the division.

The one thing holding me back is the fact they have yet to play a full 60 minute game against a serious opponent. Their last game against the Als may have been the only game they did show up for the full 60 minutes. One of the best games they've played was a few weeks back against Edmonton and they only played 3 out of 4 quarters in that game. Not enough to win a championship.

Aerial

Thanks Lyle for that comment although I certainly don't have the answers for others.  We all have to make sense of this world in our own ways.

While I still think I can see the Argos in the GC, watch out for the RBs I say.  Huge motivation hosting the GC of course.  As depop says though, if Ray as a lot of 'on' days with enough protection, very difficult to stop.
I'm not allowed to comment on lousy officiating - Former Saints General Manager Jim Fink

pw13

Where did Michael Hook mention comps are down 65 per cent?   Wasn't he the ticket director that said they had sold 15k season tickets last season?

As someone else has mentioned, Hook made that statement on the forum at argofans.com. And no, he was not the ticket director that said they had sold 15k season tickets last season. In fact, no one from the Argos ever made such a statement publicly. One fan allegedly heard some comment over the phone from a ticket sales rep and reported it on a forum; it then became urban legend. Hook was not even hired by the Argos until late last year.

Preisst

Right now, other than Calgary the Bombers Manitoba are the only team guaranteed a playoff spot - and yet I find them the least scariest. Very predictable and soft defense - an o-line that somehow managed to get their prime asset (Nichols) slaughtered and a kicker who's rapidly losing power to his leg - and confidence.

Frankly, other than Calgary - Hamilton (if they can somehow cobble thru) and Regina Saskatchewan (as Brandon Bridge develops) scare me more than either Edmonton or Toronto.

Hamilton's biggest task is winning out. They don't have much leash left as they're being raised from the depths of the sewer system.
fixed for you again.......
"It is a sign of strength, not of weakness, to admit that you don't know all the answers." --John P. Lougbrane

ppull rulz!!!!

Preisst

Hold on Preisst.  OK, I give in on the illegal contact. Fine.

The STUMPS ( thank you ), played a horrible game and the Riders failed to take advantage.

5 fg's to win the game is in no way the game of their lives.  They did not deserve to win.
bold = you are a Lions fans what do you care how the auto correct on my computer works?

The Stumps played the game of their lives.  Based on the strength of competition and how badly that competition played that day, the Stumps realized they were in against a dominant opposition team and played like they've never played before to eek out a win.

brihind88

The STUMPS ( thank you ), played a horrible game and the Riders failed to take advantage.

5 fg's to win the game is in no way the game of their lives.  They did not deserve to win.
bold = you are a Lions fans what do you care how the auto correct on my computer works?

The Stumps played the game of their lives.  Based on the strength of competition and how badly that competition played that day, the Stumps realized they were in against a dominant opposition team and played like they've never played before to eek out a win.
I am just used to the STAMPS scoring TD's to win.  Not FG's.

Regardless, neither team deserved a win that day.

bowl450

The Stumps played the game of their lives.  Based on the strength of competition and how badly that competition played that day, the Stumps realized they were in against a dominant opposition team and played like they've never played before to eek out a win.
I am just used to the STAMPS scoring TD's to win.  Not FG's.

This was a great defensive game by both teams, 
unfortunately defensive games are low scoring.

Preisst

I love scoring but I also love good defensive football. 

I found the game quite enjoyable.

I thought the Stumps deserved to win but it wasn't a cakewalk and they had their hands full.....

depopulationINC

I love scoring but I also love good defensive football.  

I found the game quite enjoyable.

I thought the Stumps deserved to win but it wasn't a cakewalk and they had their hands full.....
It was one of my favorite games of the season TBH.  I know a lot of people's passion for the CFL stems largely from high octane scoring and big plays, but I love a good D matchup as well, and both of these clubs were on their games

Users Online

97 Guests, 4 Users (10 Spiders)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
Hamilton2005, PacoAls2017, ExPat, dcmoses, Google (10)

Most Online Today: 140. Most Online Ever: 484 (Aug 28 2017, 09:35 PM)