Iconic SR

Riderfans.com seems to be an old boys fan site who gather and complain about the days when a group of old boys was running the team. It’s ironic that they run the site in the exact same manner that they say they despise.

They love Roy Shivers and hate Jim Hopson - that kind of logic.

bobo82

I guess we can always look at the bright side of things and say that with that site being down and  possibly D.O.A that it might just increase the traffic on this board . The only bad thing about it would be unfortunately an added influx of more Rider fans in here ;D. To be fair and honest although I wasn't a member I used to scan and read that forum on a regular basis and found it quite amusing and often very informative on some subjects and way uninformative on others . I'll give Rider fans props though as a fan base they are extremely passionate about all things Riders . That is as long as it's positive BUT if it's even a little bit of what you would call constructive criticism or conceived as perhaps a tad negative or of a different opinion then what the majority want to hear ? Well then Watch Out !!!  ;D 
15 GREY CUPS for HAMILTON BASED TEAMS

modernCFL

Many in Regina are pondering should they jump off the Wascana bridge :) :). Some people on that forum are quite addictive

300Magnum

Looks like it will be back very soon.

Web page now has a message on it.

mallard

I still get "error 404". 

300Magnum

I still get "error 404".
Do not use your past browser history,  just type in Riderfans.com

MisterFootball

Does anyone have contact info for the people who run that site? I wouldn't mind providing some technical support or advice to help them out - all active CFL team forums are important to the greater cause.
My own assessment fwiw - the riders site is pretty much a closed society. They don't accept outside help - in fact they really get angry when outsiders like to help.
Its the biggest team web site in the league - in terms of gross # of members but the defining problem is the owners and controllers of the site are very biased against non-cheerleader types.
I don't know if the old Riderfans site is coming back but I've made a new forum at MyRoughriders.com

You were one of my favourite posters Lyle and you are invited.

Area51 too! Party time.

MisterFootball

I still get "error 404".
Come on over to MyRoughriders.com to get your fix until Riderfans is fixed. Could use a few more posts!

HfxTC

Site is back up. They loaded a backup copy from January 16th. LMAO Everything between then and going down is gone.
Everything I write is just an opinion formed from various sources. Some more reliable than others, it is expressed as a composite of facts, innuendos, emotions, personal experiences and complete fabulation into a gumbo for entertainment purposes alone.

BCRiderFan

Does anyone have contact info for the people who run that site? I wouldn't mind providing some technical support or advice to help them out - all active CFL team forums are important to the greater cause.
My own assessment fwiw - the riders site is pretty much a closed society. They don't accept outside help - in fact they really get angry when outsiders like to help.
Its the biggest team web site in the league - in terms of gross # of members but the defining problem is the owners and controllers of the site are very biased against non-cheerleader types.
What a load of nonsense, and a crap load of revisionist history of your posting over there. Hilarious.
Grey Cup wins last decade, okay 11 years

Sask - 2
BC - 2
Cal - 2
Mtl - 2
Tor - 1
Edm -1
Ott - 1
Ham - 0
Wpg - 0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_G ... _champions

BCRiderFan

Riderfans.com seems to be an old boys fan site who gather and complain about the days when a group of old boys was running the team. It’s ironic that they run the site in the exact same manner that they say they despise.

They love Roy Shivers and hate Jim Hopson - that kind of logic.
No, its actually the biggest and most knowledgeable CFL forum in the country, it puts this site completely to shame. Just the facts...

RedandWhite

...so sensitive
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

BCRiderFan

...so sensitive
About truth? Damn right I am. And you?

sully

Since it's back up I might as well lock this up. Looks like they lost a few months of posts due to corrupted backups; rough. Happens to the best of us unfortunately (I do 2x/year disaster recovery tests, but then again I'm paid to do so). :(
I'm the Senior Director of Technology for the Canadian Football League. Got technology concerns/ideas for the league? E-mail me at ssyed@cfl.ca and we'll talk.

Users Online

95 Guests, 15 Users (13 Spiders, 5 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
tcmike, oskee7777, Mightygoose, Bigshot, Oskie18, TravelPat1, KevinRiley2, SeaFiddle, Onemoredork, Augustus67, Google (AdSense) (5), Google (8)

Most Online Today: 189. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)