Iconic SR

A year being with RR and Franklin will be so much better of a qb.  RR is dynamite with his composure and resilience coming back from injuries and leading the Argos to Grey Cups and doing this in a city that generally doesn't even appreciate him in many ways because he plays "in the CFL".  This knowledge he will be able to impart to Franklin, I believe, to make him an excellent CFL player going forward.
There’s no doubt that Franklin will learn under RR.
I thought he was doing that the last 3 seasons in Edmonton behind Reilly.

Is his next mentorship step after this one - to learn under BLM or Collaros?
When does it end for Franklin? Seemingly, Brandon Bridge has already surpassed Franklin in QB developmental steps, and Bridge is younger. Very odd.

Aerial

Hate to bring up the NFL again but hey, look at Foles, sometimes it just doesn't happen until it happens, an injury often, and bingo, you're the man.  I bet a lot of people watching that SB are saying "WTF, this guy isn't a legit starter in the NFL???"  

Franklin's time is just about there I'd say, very close.  So many guys on the bubble and just need a legit chance under the right coach, team, organization etc. and timing, being at the right place at the right time.  
"Canadian football does in fact have 4 downs, its just that as Canadians we are very polite and punt on the third down" -John Candy, SCTV

ArgoT

Now that Ricky is coming back, I hope Marc will have several packages for Franklin to get him in the game?
Even though this is contrary to his coaching style.

tabbyfan

Hurrah, glad to see him return.  Classy guy and a great QB.

rpaege

Hate to bring up the NFL again but hey, look at Foles, sometimes it just doesn't happen until it happens, an injury often, and bingo, you're the man.  I bet a lot of people watching that SB are saying "WTF, this guy isn't a legit starter in the NFL???" 

Franklin's time is just about there I'd say, very close.  So many guys on the bubble and just need a legit chance under the right coach, team, organization etc. and timing, being at the right place at the right time. 

I have a feeling he'll see plenty of action this year. He might even start as the season progresses.

Iconic SR

Hate to bring up the NFL again but hey, look at Foles, sometimes it just doesn't happen until it happens, an injury often, and bingo, you're the man.  I bet a lot of people watching that SB are saying "WTF, this guy isn't a legit starter in the NFL???"  

Franklin's time is just about there I'd say, very close.  So many guys on the bubble and just need a legit chance under the right coach, team, organization etc. and timing, being at the right place at the right time.  

I have a feeling he'll see plenty of action this year. He might even start as the season progresses.
Trestman isn’t known as a revolving door type of coach when it comes to QBs, so I’m thinking Ray starts - until he can’t start due to injury or poor performance, then Franklin steps in if needed. Maybe Trestman will change his spots on this one but I’m not so sure about that. Conversely, if they’ve signed RR specifically as backup that’s a different scenario - but regardless they’ll both be competing at camp. 

brianjoxx

Trestman isn’t known as a revolving door type of coach when it comes to QBs, so I’m thinking Ray starts - until he can’t start due to injury or poor performance, then Franklin steps in if needed. Maybe Trestman will change his spots on this one but I’m not so sure about that. Conversely, if they’ve signed RR specifically as backup that’s a different scenario - but regardless they’ll both be competing at camp.
Late is they share but more to Franklin to Develop. RR happy to help and stay ready for big game!

Grover

Contract details for Ray and Franklin

http://3downnation.com/2018/02/10/contract-details-argos-quarterbacking-pay-structure/

Contract details: Argos quarterbacking pay structure

According to CFL sources, the contract 38-year-old Ricky Ray agreed to will pay him $335,000 in “hard money” with another $90,000 in available playtime bonuses for 2018. Meanwhile, 26-year-old James Franklin, who was acquired in a trade with Edmonton and subsequently signed a contract extension in Toronto, is scheduled to earn $250,000 in “hard money” and has the same possible playtime bonuses as Ray, $90,000.

Thanks to @Doc_Dave for sig

Iconic SR

Good money for both guys. I’m hoping Trestman will break from his traditional MO, and rotate both throughout the season. Would make for some exciting ball. 

The Last Word

Best one-two punch in the league this season.

brianjoxx

Contract details for Ray and Franklin

http://3downnation.com/2018/02/10/contract-details-argos-quarterbacking-pay-structure/

Contract details: Argos quarterbacking pay structure

According to CFL sources, the contract 38-year-old Ricky Ray agreed to will pay him $335,000 in “hard money” with another $90,000 in available playtime bonuses for 2018. Meanwhile, 26-year-old James Franklin, who was acquired in a trade with Edmonton and subsequently signed a contract extension in Toronto, is scheduled to earn $250,000 in “hard money” and has the same possible playtime bonuses as Ray, $90,000.
Good work digging up info. Thanks. Nice deal for both.

RedandWhite

Best one-two punch in the league this season.
...I'd vote Reilly/Glenn higher...
There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark.

CFL Pete

What Ricky Ray means to his team is tens of thousands of dollars in playoff bonus money.  Franklin and every Argo will be grateful when cashing the forty thousand dollar Grey Cup cheque.

Users Online

102 Guests, 21 Users (21 Spiders, 3 Hidden)

Users active in past 15 minutes:
ExPat, ArgoT, FootbalYouBet, Mikefrmthhammer, deltaqueen, EastVanMark, KennyPowers, Count Floyd, Bigshot, 2ez, MadJack, TeddyFay, Grover, Caretaker, KevinRiley2, Augustus67, rshmglsky, argonaut11xx, Google (AdSense) (11), Google (10)

Most Online Today: 175. Most Online Ever: 489 (Nov 26 2017, 08:38 PM)